Urgent input/advice needed on e-brake-vdc-slip-cruise lights coming on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ Aeson summed it up nicely without losing his cool on the search issue

@mishmosh: yes the ceramics stop just as good if not better than the OE pads and the best part is that brake dust on wheels has decreased by about a good 70-80%!!! Also another advantage is that they are softer on the rotors which will in turn help elongate the life of your rotors as well.

I would recommend to change all four corners to ceramics if you plan to do so, to keep everything even, i have made some high speed stops and maneuvers using the brakes and they have always responded nicely, no complaints whatsoever!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Your issue seems to be exactly as stated already. You mentioned electronics earlier as well. A REMOTE possibility would be a bad wheel speed sensor. That was my issue. In fact, it wasn't bad. It simply came disconnected. Do your brake inspection first. Replace pads or whatever. If lights remain, have a look at your wheel speed sensors.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ yeah all my lights came on due to my Throttle Positioning Sensor.. which later was concluded that it was gas pedal sensor or something.. I don't know the specifics.. lol I just dropped it off at the stealership

Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
My bad aeson, I Just got a lil nervous since I just got my car and found it hard to believe that the pads need to be changed already, will do next time.

Thanks for the other input guys, I will definitely bring up the sensor issues to the dealer.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Dropped off the car to the dealer, will let u guys know what they say. They said they will charge me 60 bucks to check the brakes but if they have to change the pads (for front 2, they estimated 400 bucks), they won't charge me the 60 bucks. Will keep u guys posted.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
$400 bucks for changing the front two brake pads sounds steep to me... even if it was for all four it sounds high.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
they were gonna some more stuff with the calipers and the rotors, but they dont haveta do it, cuz apparently all it was just LOW ON FLUID! ;-D

front brakes got 5 mm, rear got 3 mm, recommended to switch the rear ones when i go in for the next oil change, which is probably gonna be in the summer! thanks for all the help guys!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Quoted from g35nyc this code is actually for numerous problems
Originally Posted by STOOF
So ive seen this problem posted many times over the years, and theres always a different reason. Well i just experienced this and had a totally new issue ive never seen before, so i figured id post it up.

About 2 weeks ago i went out and all of a sudden i got the dreaded christmas tree on my dash, Slip VDC and ABS lights all came on. I pulled over and stopped, shut off the car, turned it back on, same thing.

I already knew that majority of the time this is caused by either low brake fluids or low pads. So i started checking. Nothing wrong. I cleaned the brakes with brake cleaner, i checked all the fluids in everything. All good.

So over the next week and a half im basically scratching my head trying to figure out what this could be, and last LAST thing i wanna do is go to the stealer.

Now, this past weekend was a show, so im caravaning out with a couple guys and about 15 mins into the drive i get a call from J450N and he says, "Stoof, you got NO BRAKE LIGHTS!" So im like whattttt lol

We pull off at the next rest stop and whatya know, no FRUCKING BRAKE LIGHTS.

Apparantly what had happened is when i installed my cf trunk i also ran an LED strip along my back window to be a 3rd brake light, well the wire must have worn against a piece of metal and shorted out. So in turn it blew the Stop Lamp fuse, located in the fuse box near the pedals.

I simply cut the wire for the makeshift 3rd brake light and replaced the 10a fuse and all good.

But i realized i was driving around with no brake lights....for a week and a half! LOL how the hell did i not get rear ended?

In conclusion, these lights are a code for wide variety of problems. If you see them, id go check ALL your fuses first, since its free and easy.

I really wish infiniti didnt combine all these issues into one "code" like this.

/Rant

Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM
thanks man, good find

Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
How did this turn out?
I wasn't trying to ignore you on FB... just been crazy busy.

Did you end up shelling out 400 clams on this?
I'd do it for a six-pack

Old 04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aesonvirus
how did this turn out?
I wasn't trying to ignore you on fb... Just been crazy busy.

Did you end up shelling out 400 clams on this?
I'd do it for a six-pack :d

Originally Posted by djfarhan
they were gonna some more stuff with the calipers and the rotors, but they dont haveta do it, cuz apparently all it was just low on fluid! ;-d

front brakes got 5 mm, rear got 3 mm, recommended to switch the rear ones when i go in for the next oil change, which is probably gonna be in the summer! Thanks for all the help guys!
:jamin:

Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Hmmm.. I should learn to read.
It's hot as hell in this house and after sucking down two lemon drops in record time, I'm feeling a little loopy.

That's the excuse I'm sticking with anyway.

Lemon Drop:
2 oz. Absolute Citron
Splash Contreau
Juice of one lemon
1-1.5 oz Simple Syrup (depending on how sweet you like them)
Shake on ice and pour into martini glass rimmed in Sugar in the Raw.

Suck down, repeat.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Hmmm.. I should learn to read.
haha as much as i should learn to

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Use the friggen search function!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
LOL... touche

Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I also had the same problem and the lights have come up 3 times so far (second time yesterday evening and 1 this afternoon).

All these times, I was slowing down and making a turn (which clearly makes sense now) but not a sharp turn. Luckily, all the times, I could turn off the engine and start again and continue.

Well I am going to check the brake fluid, pads and if possible get the diagnostic codes also.

Apart from that, runs fine in the highway. Hope it is nothing serious. I have 101K miles on it (2003 sedan).

Thanx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Urgent input/advice needed on e-brake-vdc-slip-cruise lights coming on!