Drop in Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah I am using the OEM tires sizes with my wheels. I am glad to hear you say that Mike! I love the look of the wheels and enjoy the aggressive look but without more negative camber it is a little much for my taste.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Must be a "Mike" thing, i am a big fan of those wheels myself. I've actually been looking to get a squared set-up (four fronts) these past couple of months

Can't wait to see the final product!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah apparently we "Mikes" have the same taste. I have been keeping a close eye on that Invidia exhaust as well. I enjoyed your write up, the sound clips you posted helped me decide on the Invidia. I was a bit worried after hearing some videos of the old design. However yours as well as a few others recently sounded perfect for me.

Well now that I got my own thread off topic.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Alright I just got back from the shop guys.

First off I love the stance with the new springs. I took it for a little drive but I am going to reserve my comments about the setup until I get some more miles on them.

Here is a look at the alignment sheet. What do you guys think? I dialed in a lot of negative camber. I am a little worried about tire wear, thinking about bringing it to something like -2.25 when I go back for the adjustment.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Why was your left rear so out of spec prior to the alignment? The ride should improve once the springs settle and you get your final alignment done. How do you like the Tokicos???

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I have no idea to be honest, I noticed that as well. I diddn't really get much time driving today so I don't want to give out an opinion yet. Trying to get a few more miles on it first but I love the first impressions.

Any thoughts about the tire wear with that much neg camber in the rear Jason? You thinK I should dial it a little bit back for the final?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Your rear toe was way out if spec before wtf???

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Do you have a rear camber kit w/ toe bolts? If not, I advise you to pick one up. I was able to correct my rear camber within factory specs after my drop on H&R's. As long as your toe is corrected, your tire wear should not be a big problem. Just make sure to rotate your tires often and also flip em as long as your tires are not asymmetrical. It's a hassle but that will definitely maximize the mileage you get with your tires.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
.. Wow, I diddn't even catch that until you pointed it out.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah they installed the rear camber kit with the struts and springs. I have about a week to see if I enjoy the ride with this much negative camber. I am not sure I like how it looks too much with it but time will tell. However if it isn't going to bring me any serious problems with wear I might keep it.

The next step is to put on some miles to give the new springs/struts a good test. Finally put out some information about these struts for our sedans. I ordered a 20mm Project Kics spacers for my front wheels as well.

Boy is this going to be the best summer I am going to have while being dirt broke.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
.. Wow, I diddn't even catch that until you pointed it out.
yeah you must have literally eaten through tires at that setting!! post some pics of the car to show me what I cant have on my X

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
I think they can do better with the camber and toe in the rear. FWIW, i'm dropped on BC coils, the rears are roughly the same drop as Eibach's (i based my drop on the measurements posted by many in the past). Here are my #'s from the last alignment about 10k miles ago:

Rear Left Camber -2.0
Rear Left Toe 0.07

Rear Right -1.8
Rear Right Toe 0.08

I have no camber/toe kit on the car, and so far there is no uneven wear on my tires.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by zoop425
yeah you must have literally eaten through tires at that setting!! post some pics of the car to show me what I cant have on my X
Haha, I will be sure to post up some pics once I get that front spacer on and I give her a nice bath.

Originally Posted by soundmike
I think they can do better with the camber and toe in the rear. FWIW, i'm dropped on BC coils, the rears are roughly the same drop as Eibach's (i based my drop on the measurements posted by many in the past). Here are my #'s from the last alignment about 10k miles ago:

Rear Left Camber -2.0
Rear Left Toe 0.07

Rear Right -1.8
Rear Right Toe 0.08

I have no camber/toe kit on the car, and so far there is no uneven wear on my tires.
Thank you for the input Mike. I will be sure that when I go in for the final adjustment that they put it closer.

I just had to go out again and go for a little drive for no reason. I am very pleased with the drop when it comes to appearance. What I can tell you about performance is that the combination of the wider wheels, Eibachs and Tokicos cornering feels so much more planted. I am very pleased with Day 1 with the setup.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Thinking about selling the wheels already...

I love the look but I am thinking they are a little too aggressive for conservative me.

On they suspension side I am loving the struts & springs!!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:05 AM
OMG Mike, you just got these too! You sure you don't wanna try em out for a lil longer? How much are you looking to get? I might be interested if the price is right.

PM me your price with the spacers if you are looking to sell.

BTW I got an email from David @ Tokico today. He is leaving the company. Today was his last day at work. Looks like that project will never go through for me. I was hoping to get a set of free struts or get them at cost at least.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drop in Progress