Ride Quality, need everyone's opinion!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Question Ride Quality, need everyone's opinion!

I've been looking at threads left and right searching for people's thoughts on ride quality with lowering springs. I"m going for a mild drop but want to maintain the best ride quality since my G is my DD and I will soon have a newborn in the backseat and my woman riding shotgun. In YOUR opinion, what is the best lowering spring setup/combo that maintains the best ride quality similiar to stock? I've read about z springs in the front, coupe in the rear, eibach, tein, etc but want to know from all of you what you think. Thanks so much in advance for your opinions!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like my eibachs, the ride quality is similar to my stock sport suspension. But over certain sections of the road where the pavement suddenly rises and then falls, you definitely notice a difference, where the stock suspension would float over them, the eibachs don't have as much travel so it rebounds much more quickly making it seem harsher. But over stuff like potholes, small dips, and speedbumps, it's actually a bit softer and absorbs the impact a bit better. But I notice things like that more, none of my passengers even noticed any difference in ride quality from when I was stock.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know if you have a budget in mind or rather not get coilovers, but my KW V3 are superb and as low as my car is it still rides like a stock car.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you will like Eibach springs, but your women and newborn will not. I have eibach, and i love to look of the stance, but like infiniJazz said, roads will make it a little harsher on the ride.

Impul springs maybe your middle ground. Impul has the least amount of drop, therefore still maintains some of the stock ride.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
^ lol, well said, too bad I can't be selfish anymore...

Thanks a lot for the info InfinitJazz and Lucky One, gives me a good description of what to expect. Do you know how much of a drop the Impuls provide? Never heard of them before, and I am assuming they are quality like Eibach??

Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I love my BC Coilovers. I had them installed and my lady never even knew the difference. I have my 3 year old in the back also and he has no issue with the ride either.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What shocks do you recommend with eibach or impuls? I am in the same boat as the OP. I want to keep very good ride quality and lower it to remove the ugly gap.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I originally went with Tanabe springs since they were a minimal drop (~1" I think, don't remember exactly), however I did not like the ride quality at all, the car rode really harshly. Switched to some BC coilovers and the car is back to riding like stock with a lot less body roll. Since you use this car as a DD and carry around passengers I would just spend the extra money and get some coilovers.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 AM
^ easier said then done BlueSlate, it sounds like the BC's are a great option but I'm kinda tight on funds since I"m also getting new wheels/tires. Thanks for the heads up on the Tanabe's though, sounds like I should avoid them like the plague.

If I were to go with Eibach, does it make any difference I have an X? I know the stock suspension sits a tad bit higher than the S so if I dropped it would it ride more like an S???

Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Question by drivethefive.
I'm looking for a drop and I have a XS. My last G35 2003 was drop with 350z and G Coupe and i was perfect, little rubbing on speedbump but no problem with alignment.

Does Eibach Pro Kit need to have a Camber kit of any other ajustement to keep specs or I can stay with stock hardware and everything will be fine.

And How about Snow driving ?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
I have the BC's, dropped about the same as Eibach's with dampers set to mids all around. Wife and two kiddo's never noticed the difference.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
anybody know if i will need a camber kit for eibachs?

also what kinds of shocks/struts does everybody recommend to go with eibachs?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
I love the ride quality of my Tien H-techs and Tokico D-specs. Very close to stock but if I want too I can make it firmer.

wosolo08- Anything with more than an inch drop you need a camber kit.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Ride quality shouldn't be too bad with just Eibach springs. But whatever you do, resist the temptation to get sway bars. I wish I didn't get the Hotchkis sway set. For a daily driver, there really is no reason and the ride definitely is harsher and jigglier. In fact, I recently adjusted the rear sway end link from the mid-stiff to low-stiff position and it made a huge difference in compliance. On the highway, even passenger seat vibration was reduced dramatically.

Last edited by mishmosh; 06-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Well I made the decision to follow suit with a few others and do the 370z spring expirement. Have a set of 370z front springs and a stock set of rear spring mounts on the way, I'll post pics when they are installed. Minimal drop with hardly and noticeable difference in ride quality and will look much better eliminating some of that awful wheel gap on my X.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ride Quality, need everyone's opinion!