Did my Akebono BBK install today! pics inside of the process and issues!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
That's a flare fitting which means SOFT metal, SO . . .

If it is overtightened, it tends to deform the "seat" on the end of the tubing where it forms the seal. This could have been done by your current installation or could have been that way from before. Anyway, once it's deformed. it's usually hard to get a good seal again unless you tighten it to the point of ridiculousness or cut off the damaged flared end off and re-flare it with a flaring tool.

Additionally, if the hard tubing is kinked, such that it doesn't center perfectly in the proximity of the seat inside the block, then it will tend to form a bad seal. loosening and then re-straightening it can sometimes allow a better seal.

Lastly, if the shape of the seat area inside the block does not conform to the general shape of the flare on the end of your hard line tubing, then it will tend to form a poor seal.

BTW, I wouldn't do any hard cornering with that little clearance to the caliper in the front. Rims DO flex when stressed!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by salvador312
These are the ones you get with the kit if you buy it from z performance website!! So they are specifically for the Akebonos!!

Maybe ÿôū tighted them to tight and broke something! Thats my only guess man!! Just get the ones in the picture! They steel lines too! (I got them myself)! It sucks you when to some trouble! So, you stock on rears, and aftermarket wheels in the front?!
yeahh I took my rear wheels off and put OEM ones back so i could drive the car. Need to fix that stud issue before I put my after market wheels back on you know.

Originally Posted by vqsmile

BTW, I wouldn't do any hard cornering with that little clearance to the caliper in the front. Rims DO flex when stressed!
Yeah I wouldn't risk driving with that much clearance in the front. I got 15mm spacers coming.