2008 g35x lowering springs

Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 g35x lowering springs

I want to lower my g35x 2008 since I just got new 19" rims with lower profile tires and have looked at this http://www.racinglab.com/tanabe-nf210-060.html and just wondering if this will work for my car because its the closest one on the site and most people seem to favor his brand. Also is there anything else I need to lower my car or will these springs be enough? Thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by billymaloney3
I want to lower my g35x 2008 since I just got new 19" rims with lower profile tires and have looked at this http://www.racinglab.com/tanabe-nf210-060.html and just wondering if this will work for my car because its the closest one on the site and most people seem to favor his brand. Also is there anything else I need to lower my car or will these springs be enough? Thanks
Got your PM Billy, missed that you had an X. For the X I'd go w/ Swift springs, they seem to get the best overall reviews. Put "Swift Springs G35x" (or G37x) into the search box here or at myG37.com for plenty of threads on these springs along w/ pics lowered rides. Be sure to give FBParts a PM when you're ready to order, he's a great vendor!

The following users liked this post:
abrecos (04-18-2016)
Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Does he have a website? And how much do they run and do I need something else besides the springs?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
any drop over .5" or so, and you'll want a camber kit - front and rear, which runs ~$500, plus the install. Many people skip this, and end up burning through tires at a ludicrous rate. Factor it in to your budget.

I'm weighing the options at present as well, as the SUV stance of the stock X - especially on 19s - is killing me.

Figure a few hundred for the springs, $500 for the camber kit, and $150 or so for the install. $850ish.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^id say its more so any drop over 1.8" would require a camber kit to minimize excessive tire wear. unless this is something specific to the g35x

Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Seems like the cutoff area is around 1.5" when camber kit's are really needed, at least from all the info I've gathered. If you run a bit excess camber (in the -2.0 area) but your toe is in spec your wear won't be excessive. Eibach & Swift springs are close to the edge where kits are needed, but most can get them in spec w/ an alignment shop that's not lazy
Dropping a half inch is well within stock camber/toe adjustment.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've found through research and personal experience that the need for camber kits is a car by car thing. I initially installed sedan H techs on my sedan with an advertised drop of less than an inch both F/R and got an alignment after the springs had settled. My car ate through the tires in 6 months and 5000 miles, and I've seen other examples of this happening.

Remember all that Nissan already has built aggressive suspension specs into the G for performance purposes so any drop at all will send these even further out of the range of normal tire wear.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have z/g springs I bought that I probably wont install if you're looking for a subtle drop. I also have an 08 x. pm me if you're interested.

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I've found through research and personal experience that the need for camber kits is a car by car thing. I initially installed sedan H techs on my sedan with an advertised drop of less than an inch both F/R and got an alignment after the springs had settled. My car ate through the tires in 6 months and 5000 miles, and I've seen other examples of this happening.

Remember all that Nissan already has built aggressive suspension specs into the G for performance purposes so any drop at all will send these even further out of the range of normal tire wear.
Good point, seems like every car reacts differently, a guy w/ Eibachs can't get spec and someone even lower squeeks it in. Also alignment shops can be hit or miss too. A shop that can't seem to get the camber & toe balanced out and go to another shop and it's no problem. Shops that tend to deal w/ more lowered & custom cars seem to really be able to get them in spec much easier than shops that just work primarily on stock vehicles.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm lowered on the Eibach springs and I was unlucky and had to get a rear camber kit to correct it. Sucks to pay alot up-front but it would hurt my wallet even more to go through sets tires due to premature wear.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by t04ptgt
I have z/g springs I bought that I probably wont install if you're looking for a subtle drop. I also have an 08 x. pm me if you're interested.

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android
Do you have a link to a site that sells those so I can check them out. I may be interested

Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when people say they are running z springs... are they running stock z springs? or aftermarket lowering springs designed for the z?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Good point, seems like every car reacts differently, a guy w/ Eibachs can't get spec and someone even lower squeeks it in. Also alignment shops can be hit or miss too. A shop that can't seem to get the camber & toe balanced out and go to another shop and it's no problem. Shops that tend to deal w/ more lowered & custom cars seem to really be able to get them in spec much easier than shops that just work primarily on stock vehicles.
i definitely would not expect to go to sears to get an alignment done on a lowered car. is that was people are doing? going to those big name shops (sears, firestone, etc) that dont usually work on lower cars?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
i definitely would not expect to go to sears to get an alignment done on a lowered car. is that was people are doing? going to those big name shops (sears, firestone, etc) that dont usually work on lower cars?
I know what you're saying saywat, but you'd be surprised how people "trust" these places that have been around for 50 years, even though 99% of their work is done on bone stockers, and the poor 1% is left w/ a pretty sad job
There are quite a few members that use the lifetime balance promo at Firestone w/ mixed results. There's only one shop in our sad town that I trust to align my G, and there's only one other place that can get a lowered G on their rack

Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Can anyone let me know if the TNF130s will fit on my G35x 08? The site says they can be used on a G35 and a G37x but nothing about the G35x the question was never answered on this thread. Thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 g35x lowering springs