Uneven GAP after lowering g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uneven GAP after lowering g35x

Good Afternoon,

I have an 2008 g35x, 90k miles. I recently lowered it on Swift Springs. The rear are at 27" and the front is sitting at 26.5". I also have 2degrees of camber in the front. I had it aligned and that is the best they can do. Would getting a camber kit from SPC and setting to 0 degrees raise the car back up in the front? I don't like the uneven looks.

Also there is new vibration both steering wheel and seat at 70+ MPH. I did a search and I did find that it could be compression bushings, but the vibration only came after the springs.

Thanks in advance for whom ever helps me out.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
That drop is typical and is a much better look than the Tanabe drop which drops the rear lower than the front. The lower front gives your G a slightly raked look which isn't bad at all.
Getting your alignment in spec won't change the drop much (if at all).

Do you have aftermarket wheels? If you do that may be the vibration if you don't have hub adapter rings. High speed vibration (without applying the brakes) is almost always a tire/wheel issue.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
That drop is typical and is a much better look than the Tanabe drop which drops the rear lower than the front. The lower front gives your G a slightly raked look which isn't bad at all.
Getting your alignment in spec won't change the drop much (if at all).

Do you have aftermarket wheels? If you do that may be the vibration if you don't have hub adapter rings. High speed vibration (without applying the brakes) is almost always a tire/wheel issue.
Stock wheels, if I upgrade they will be to stock 19" from the M45. I had the car alignment done, and the toe was fixed but front camber is the only one.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As far as the gap goes, give the springs a couple weeks to settle some. Every day driving will "break them in" if you will. Mite bring back down a tad

Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Do you have any pics?
-2 camber isn't horrible but your tires will wear maybe 30% faster on the inside. How's the rear? Rotating your tires often may eliviate that. But installing spc front camber kit is not hard. Rears are more of a pain.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes I will post pics today. It has been overcast and I wanted to take pictures in good lighting.

Also I have had them on for 2 weeks now.

As far as the Vibration it seems to come and go, it is cooler outside today so it seemed to drive better. I am going to get new rotors and pads all around. I was told that the rotors were warped about 2k miles ago.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Here is the pictures.

As you can see, the front is looking lower than the rear. I don't know if I messed something up during the install.

@equifire

Attached Thumbnails Uneven GAP after lowering g35x-img_0078.jpg   Uneven GAP after lowering g35x-img_0079.jpg   Uneven GAP after lowering g35x-img_0080.jpg  

Last edited by harshybar; 09-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:43 AM
It doesn't looked like the rear dropped much if any. I don't think swift drops as much in the rear as some of the others but i would think it would be more than that. I'd check that you installed the springs correctly. I haven't used swift but with eibachs the springs have to go a certain way and use oem rubber cones / pads.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by equifire
It doesn't looked like the rear dropped much if any. I don't think swift drops as much in the rear as some of the others but i would think it would be more than that. I'd check that you installed the springs correctly. I haven't used swift but with eibachs the springs have to go a certain way and use oem rubber cones / pads.
I used to be able to fist the rear wheel gap, now I can 2 finger it, so there is a good 1" + drop in the rear. REmember this is an AWD so they are super tall as it is. When i installed them i reused the rubber seat on the bottom, and I clocked them by marking the Spring bucket and the top chassis to where the coils starts. They sit close, not exact to their original. BTW it is even from driver/passenger side.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:02 AM
According to swift specs they're supposed to have a 1" drop in the rear and 1.5" in front. So if it did reduce the gap as you said then maybe that's how the rear is supposed to sit. Do you think the front dropped 1.5" or was it a lot more? If more maybe they're the wrong springs, non AWD. Due to different spring load rates.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
I am actually thinking of trying swift springs on my x,, however, I have been on Eibach for 6 years now, and love the look, ( but want the non progressive rates of swift) but yes, that front is too low, imo, I do not like the "raked" look, plus, the fenders are cut diff. so the front is gonna look higher anyways, as it should, (we should be measuring from just aft of front wheels, and just in front of rear wheels, (basically the jack points) before and after install, same level place. as far as vibs,,, I would think its wheels/tires. maybe a rebalance with a roadforce system....

Old 09-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Triton3.5
I am actually thinking of trying swift springs on my x,, however, I have been on Eibach for 6 years now, and love the look, ( but want the non progressive rates of swift) but yes, that front is too low, imo, I do not like the "raked" look, plus, the fenders are cut diff. so the front is gonna look higher anyways, as it should, (we should be measuring from just aft of front wheels, and just in front of rear wheels, (basically the jack points) before and after install, same level place. as far as vibs,,, I would think its wheels/tires. maybe a rebalance with a roadforce system....
I did measure from the rails to the ground, and it is .5" difference.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Drop looks typical for a Swift spring setup on an AWD IMO.
Looks pretty good too.