DIY: Philips 6000k Ultinon Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These bulbs do have high beam on them also, right?

Also, can anyone vouche for any good ebay sellers for these bulbs? Id like to order a pair but do not want to end up with some imitations.

What would be better is if someone has some contacts and we could get a group deal going for these from a reputable company.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by krazzyguju
These bulbs do have high beam on them also, right?

Also, can anyone vouche for any good ebay sellers for these bulbs? Id like to order a pair but do not want to end up with some imitations.

What would be better is if someone has some contacts and we could get a group deal going for these from a reputable company.
HIGH beams on the bulbs? a D2S bulb is a D2S. They don't make ones for high/low.....

Old 02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
HIGH beams on the bulbs? a D2S bulb is a D2S. They don't make ones for high/low.....
ok so theres a different set of bulbs for the high beam? My high beams will still work with these bulbs, right?

Im asking because I know a few people who have bought those plug and play HID kits and they dont have High beams unless they get a different type of bulb.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
Have you tried this on a car with the tech package?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM
here.. i have a very good site.. this is where i got my lightbulbs.. $100.00 for a pair: www.cartoka.com

these are my current lights.. 8000k

OH! and if anyone needs addition instructions on how to replace your low-beams.. heres a DIY i posted a while back.. http://forum.g35nyc.com/showthread.php?t=2039

Last edited by Pdubz; 02-21-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
ok so theres a different set of bulbs for the high beam? My high beams will still work with these bulbs, right?

Im asking because I know a few people who have bought those plug and play HID kits and they dont have High beams unless they get a different type of bulb.
the highbeams use the same bulb as the low beams. i think.. because when shine my headlight onto a wall.. then high beam.. its the same 8000k color but covers more area.

Last edited by Pdubz; 02-21-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
There is no **** under this housing. It's purpose is to secure the bunch of wires beside it to the car.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 PM

Your friend probably has a 9004 or 9007 bulb where the high and low beam are the same bulb, it just gets brighter when you hit the high beam (kinda like a dual filament bulb), those you need bi-xenon kits to replace or xenon kits with a mechanism that can actually move the bulb up and down for HI/LOW. I'm not sure how our high beams work, but i'm guessing it either uses the motor to move it up and down, or a blinder that moves out the way to let light shine higher up. Thats how most lights that do double duty work.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 2nd gen sedan uses a d2s bulb which is the low AND high beam. the bulb shines the same regardless. the lens on the projector is what moves to allow for the "high" beam. so yes, any d2s beam will allow ALL regular light functions to work properly. its different with anything except d2s bulbs so this only applies to BI-XENON bulbs which is in our cars. dont worry guys, these will work fine.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
You know what would help a lot of people. Every one that orders bulbs should take a pic of the bulb and post what it has written on it. That way we would know if different sites are selling the same bulb at different prices. A guy i know that sells HID's says they are only a few places that actually make these kits, and they get them DIRT cheap (like less than 30 bucks), everyone buys them and labels the ballast and has their own box made, and mark them up accordingly. The reason why some cost more is the mark up the reseller puts on them, and sometimes reflects the care they put into the packaging and what not, that's the reason for the lower defect rate on the more expensive ones.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Here's a picture of them warmed up. This shot makes them look perfectly white, but from different angles they look slightly more blue.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Just got my bulb in, it was delayed due to weather yesterday. I accidentally ordered d2r but they are sending me d2s's on monday with a return slip for these bulbs, so i don't loose out on anything. I would definitely do business with them again (ordered from them 3 times already, each time they shipped overnight, and even when a mistake was made, i didn't have to pay for overnight shipping again)

Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevek247
How much wattage for these bulbs? and anyone know the OEM bulb wattage? Just curious what kinda bulbs it can handle... I never had HID but on my other cars but for instance on my maxima, i put on higher wattage bulbs..and they seem to burn out easily... even PIAA bulbs...
I believe that HIDs are 35 watts. Not sure if they come in any other flavor.

I heard that Philips Ultinons come or are coming in a 5000k or so bulb that comes closer to the 6000k color without compromising lumin output.

PIAAs are notorious for burning out and are charging mainly for their name. Other good halogen bulbs are Philips, Osram, and Silvania.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pdubz - how long have you had those bulbs in your car? Are they as reliable as the Phillips Ultinons?

Old 02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I installed the D2r's just to see what they would look like. The color looks white like a piece of paper. My car only had like 3 tabs to take out though, i think Infiniti broke some tabs and didn't put them back when they changed out my headlights ~a month or two ago....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Philips 6000k Ultinon Install