GroundingGear for the 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by interalian
Adding extra grounds is a waste of time and money IMO, but to each their own. Look up "cognitive dissonance" for kicks.

If there are issues with the factory grounds, just clean and repair them. The factory engineers designed the grounding scheme the way it is for good reasons, among which are immunity from interference and ground loops.

Cheers,
AD
No thank you! I've fooled around cleaning grounds and connectors on my motorcycle, it is a major pain in the butt. If such a problem rears it's ugly head on my G after the warranty expires, I'll try a grounding kit. If that doesn't work then I'll get rid of it. I hate electrical problems.

I'm an engineer. I understand the realities of design, every design is a compromise. The primary factor always comes down to saftey and money (hopefully in that order). The hundreds of connectors in your wiring harness were not selected or designed because they were perfect electrical connectors, they were picked because they were good enough and cheap enough.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Good thing you're not in marketing...

INFINITI - every design is a compromise.

LOL.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Do you guys really thing this hasn't been discussed to death, into the ground, resurrected from the dead, beat into the ground again and then had it's dead, rotted corpse dug out of it's grave yet another time?

Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Do you guys really thing this hasn't been discussed to death, into the ground, resurrected from the dead, beat into the ground again and then had it's dead, rotted corpse dug out of it's grave yet another time?
what a beautiful picture you painted!

Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I've always had my doubts and been skeptical about the grounding kits available in our market.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm skeptical - that's why I asked for DYNO.
If this really made a difference, they'd be in every car...

Yeah, I think this thread is pretty much dead.
Until someone comes back with proof.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Dyno proof huh? Exactly how does one provide dyno proof when benefits:

1) Aren't necessarily dyno measured?
2) Any hp differences are well within the standard error of the dyno itself?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I'm skeptical - that's why I asked for DYNO.
Dyno from GroundingGear

I not sure whether to believe the dyno results or not. I did try a 5 wire kit on my 2003 6MT and it seemed to be smoother at idle as well as WOT but it could also be placebo effect.

In my 2007 5AT, I do notice a bit of lag in transmission response, but that's sort of expected when comparing to my old 6MT. It's only about $150 for a 10 wire kit, so it might be worth trying just for kicks.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:56 AM
11.5hp peak from a grounding kit? I'm going to call BS until someone unbiased confirms this only because that's very hard to believe.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I remember reading that Turbo Magazine did some dyno testing on a variety of cars, and in every case, they got increases in power from 4 hp to a whopping 14 or 15 for an RX-7!

This is when my skeptical side decided to try my first H-G kit. Even I thought dismissed my first impressions as "placebo effect", but when my wife notice (she didn't even know I had done anything to the car), I did some blind tests with a few friends that aren't even into mods.

I'm now a believer, and a supporter of this mod. I even changed over from my original Sun Auto kit to the Stillen (I've always been a believer in the Major Name Brands), and then finally to GroundingGear, and there is a definite difference!

The recent NIssan Performance mag did extensive testing with GroundingGear on a G35, and saw no increase in power, but noticed a definite improvement in other areas, and thought it was a worthwhile mod.

If I remember correctly, Gord posted some pretty compelling dyno results from his own G35 several years ago which, after throwing out high results, considering dyno error, etc., showed about 4hp which he said was disappointing, considering what others reported. He figured that some were simply providing low-high comparisons, and attributing them solely to the mod.

It may be that some cars respond better than others. But as he says, the mod is not about power (no one can feel a 5 hp gain by butt-dyno), but the throttle response and smoothness are very noticeable.

Gord's a great guy, and his company seems to do a lot of R&D, and everyone that I've talked into his stuff has been very happy with the results.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by gfmiller
CarNutz,
I think we agree that a working ground is a working ground. My reservation, is that due to manufacturing variances, vibration, corrosion and other factors the electrical ground can become intermittent or fail. A grounding kit may provide a better ground and a redundancy that prevents this problem.

I wouldn't expect a new car to need one, but if I started having intermittent electrical problems I'd buy one (if I was off warranty).
Remember, car grounding is designed around electrical grounding, not for signal integrity (see the GroundingGear FAQ). Otherwise, most cars could get by with very few grounding wires, yet look at how many wire bundles have a tiny little wire coming out of it that attaches to the chassis at different points.

Also, try a regular wire set to connect your high-def TV, or even several different brands of the good inter-connects, and see if you don't notice a difference in your picture. I'm sure that electrically, they all measure virtualy identically! With increasing electronics in modern cars, I'm sure the quality of the signal is becoming more and more important.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by ckg35
...The recent NIssan Performance mag did extensive testing with GroundingGear on a G35, and saw no increase in power, but noticed a definite improvement in other areas, and thought it was a worthwhile mod...
Any chance you could post a link? I checked the magazine's site and it looks like it hasn't been updated since 9/06???

Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
My horns hold up my halo
http://www.nissansportmag.com/lookin...nter20072.html

It's Nissan Sport not Nissan Performance.

I wrote the article on the GroundingGear wires on my car, if you have any questions and can't find an issue to reference, just send a PM.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 PM
NUCLEI-G
[QUOTE=G-Whizzer]I'm skeptical - that's why I asked for DYNO.

Yeah, I think this thread is pretty much dead.
Until someone comes back with proof.

I had the grounding kit on my Nissan Maxima. To be honest with you, I think it made a little bit of difference. It made my sound system hit harder. As far as engine performance goes, I did not notice any major hp increase. I do have a question for those who think this works? when Nissan designed a car like 07 G35 why would they not apply this grounding kit technology to G 35? Are they going to lose money if they use a bigger grounding cable? or extra grounding cable? I think there is reason for everything. When they engineer a car like G35; they look at every option to increase power. If the grounding kit would provide more power, I am sure that they would apply this technology. I don't think wires are that expensive. If a better ground kit (bigger wires / More wires/ Locations of wire) increases horse power by 5HP or more... I am sure Nissan would add that to their cars. I think this is cheapest way to add extra power. I could be wrong..

Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
NUCLEI-G
Originally Posted by trey's wife
http://www.nissansportmag.com/lookin...nter20072.html

It's Nissan Sport not Nissan Performance.

I wrote the article on the GroundingGear wires on my car, if you have any questions and can't find an issue to reference, just send a PM.

I went to your website, and all i see is this:

look inside winter 2007 (issue #2)

how can i read what you wrote about grounding kit? can you just kindly post it in this thread? thanks.

Last edited by infi07g35x; 03-16-2007 at 02:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GroundingGear for the 2007