Itb08-017 Throttle Sensitivity!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Has anyone had the new TSB done that also had the Cruise Control TSB performed? Just curious if a noticeable improvement was observed.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
Has anyone had the new TSB done that also had the Cruise Control TSB performed? Just curious if a noticeable improvement was observed.
My G is having this TSB done today.. i also did the cruise control done before so let's see how this turns out.. the loaner that they gave me 08 G has a smooth throttle

Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Cruise TSB done before doing this one. It wouldn't suprise me if they really didn't do it. It SAYS they did on the work order form, but the car drives the same, ****ty. I will NEVER buy another Infiniti...... Terrible service.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got this done today and boy i tell ya i feel like im driving a brand new car again.. love the throttle response on my G now

Old 07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Had the "cruise control" fix done a few months ago and it DID make a difference.

Had the latest TSB done today and the difference is not as obvious, although the power comes on in a more linear fashion and seems smoother. Still goes very well.

Besides, the TSB didn't cost me anything, got a free oil/filter change and the car valeted, so why not...?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sunmind
Had the "cruise control" fix done a few months ago and it DID make a difference.

Had the latest TSB done today and the difference is not as obvious, although the power comes on in a more linear fashion and seems smoother. Still goes very well.

Besides, the TSB didn't cost me anything, got a free oil/filter change and the car valeted, so why not...?
I'd love to hear more response on this. I got the "cruise control" fix and am happy with the results.

But, the shifting, etc. could be smoother/better programmed IMO.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I got this done on Saturday at Sewell. The car drives so nice now. This is how it should have been, which is probably why the '08 model was changed. Now I don't get chewed out by my girlfriend because she thinks I'm hot rodding between lights.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea, but you still hot rod between the lights..... who're you kidding???

Old 07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Ok, just had this done yesterday, and I had the Cruise Control TSB done several months ago. This TSB really does a nice job in giving the car a quality driving experience. The hair-trigger throttle response is now gone, a much easier and smoother launch from a dead stop and it just makes the car seem complete now. Highly recommend this to all early to mid 07 Gs w/ AT. If you got it done and didn't notice a significant difference your car may not have qualiified for the TSB or it wasn't truly performed by your dealer IMO.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:00 PM
i like my sensitive throttle.... I wonder if there's any difference in performance between pre/post flash...

Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i like my sensitive throttle.... I wonder if there's any difference in performance between pre/post flash...
I just had it done so don't have alot of seat time, but it seems to still throw your head back w/ the same force

Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I just get it done 1 hour and half ago. Feedback: slowly accelerate especially on cruise control. You can definitely feel it with cruise control. I assume it will help on the gas mileage but for the joy of driving, it is bad. I wish I didn't do it.
For other guys who haven't done this, do not do it. I regret that I did it and now I don't feel the power of VQ36. :-(

Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Phalanx
I just get it done 1 hour and half ago. Feedback: slowly accelerate especially on cruise control. You can definitely feel it with cruise control. I assume it will help on the gas mileage but for the joy of driving, it is bad. I wish I didn't do it.
For other guys who haven't done this, do not do it. I regret that I did it and now I don't feel the power of VQ36. :-(
Really?? This isn't my reaction at all, my VQ still rips as it always has, just not so hyper off idle.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If you punch the pedal to the floor then yes, it is still pulling hard. However, with normal driving style, you can feel it is accelerating slower than before the ECU was reflashed. I guess this is what they call smoother acceleration. You may check if they actually reflashed your ECU or not by cruising on the high way and accelerate from 60-70. If the rpm goes from 3200 to 3500 then it was reflashed. If not, it will just go from 3500 to 4000 to reach 70mph.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Really?? This isn't my reaction at all, my VQ still rips as it always has, just not so hyper off idle.
To me that was the best part, i got accustomed to feathering the throttle regardless of sensitivity and still be able to just break neck with slightly more pedal pressure.

But, Alas! The dealership reflashed my ECU when i brought it in for a Cat and Compressor replacement.

It may still be as fast and quick, but it just doesn't feel the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Itb08-017 Throttle Sensitivity!!!