Cobb Tunning Access Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OK guys I was told two weeks I called a tuner here in MA and they called Cobb. Told him it would be ready in two weeks and I have an appointment to be the first car they do.. I guess the access port on oour car is slightly different, probably said before but anyway..

Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
OK guys I was told two weeks I called a tuner here in MA and they called Cobb. Told him it would be ready in two weeks and I have an appointment to be the first car they do.. I guess the access port on oour car is slightly different, probably said before but anyway..
honestly i called cobb and they told me it would be out oo next month, back in 07, and i told them ok. here have my cc and ill pay for it right now and just send it to me when it comes out, so i should have it within weeks w,e. well then they are like ok just call us back see when its out. i kept calling every month there after and its still "will be released soon". cobb=fail.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I hear what your saying but if the 350z is out how different can our access port be. Maybe you are right and we are not high on their list, Like the EVO and STI..

Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Nice, keep us posted, im guessing that these will work with the 6MT's as well with no problems like the Techno Re-flash who need seperate reading of the 6mt ECU before the offer the reflash to us...

Old 10-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Nice, keep us posted, im guessing that these will work with the 6MT's as well with no problems like the Techno Re-flash who need seperate reading of the 6mt ECU before the offer the reflash to us...
I have the 6MT technosquare I was going to work with but they lag soo bad in getting back and it set up.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I hear what your saying but if the 350z is out how different can our access port be. Maybe you are right and we are not high on their list, Like the EVO and STI..

Although the engine in 07+ 350Z and 07+ G sedan are the same, the ECUs in these two cars are completely different and thus they are two completely different beast.

Also, ECUs in different trims in our cars are different. I.E. 5AT, 6MT, Premium Package, non-Prem. Pack, Nav, and Non-Nav.

I also have been contacting Cobb since early this year and they have always told us that it will be released "SOON", but it's been almost a year without the product in hand. My guess is that Cobb will be releasing the G37 variant of AccessPort before they actually start working on the G35 sedan variant.

There is a 3rd option (besides AccessPort or Technosquare Reflash), which is the Osiris from UpRev (http://www.uprev.com/products.php). I personally am really interested about this since I've heard so many good things about them from other previous generation G owners in SoCal. When I asked UpRev about when releasing date, they said, "Hopefully, it'll be done by the end of the year." While I am not holding my breath, it still is a very good alternative option that'll be available for us.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I have heard of them too. Come for the EVO world, but I need an option for it to be tuned locally and I can not ship my ECU out as I DD my car. SO Cobb would work for me as there are a few tuners here in MA.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I have heard of them too. Come for the EVO world, but I need an option for it to be tuned locally and I can not ship my ECU out as I DD my car. SO Cobb would work for me as there are a few tuners here in MA.

That's a great news for ya. We've got Cobb tuners for EVOs and STis, but none of them tunes the VQ motors.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
That's a great news for ya. We've got Cobb tuners for EVOs and STis, but none of them tunes the VQ motors.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
so i just saw that the accessport is out for the 350z with our motor. any guesses if that would possibly work for us? or is it completely different configuration?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:04 PM
As stated above the access port is different. I have appointment to be one of the first G35X'S to have the Cobb tune, The tuner will call me when they get the files.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
oo and they have one for the GTR out already too. so in other words us G owners are simply getting shafted because its well enough time to program something for us. !@#$@$% cobb

Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
im tired of waiting for them as well, every time i contact them or someone related i get a tiring response of "... in the VERY near future" and yet here we are in the VERY distant future and no signs of it...

Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by suby01
oo and they have one for the GTR out already too. so in other words us G owners are simply getting shafted because its well enough time to program something for us. !@#$@$% cobb
The GTR is not tunable however, just generic maps... it's not like WRXs where it's tunable yet

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
im tired of waiting for them as well, every time i contact them or someone related i get a tiring response of "... in the VERY near future" and yet here we are in the VERY distant future and no signs of it...
I have prototype maps in my car now, 07 G35 Sedan 6MT... we are still trying maps to see what works best. R&D my friend so only the best for the G family... so it is VERY near future, Cobb does it right... perfection takes time... better than what fujita did being the first intake and sucking....