Injen Cold Air Intake For 07+ Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I used to clean my K&N panel filters when I could no longer see the pink oil on them, but others told me to let them go a little longer. In any case, oil impregnated filters usually require less cleaning than replacement of stock paper filters.

The best time to check the filters is during an oil change when the bottom panel is already off, so you will have many opportunities to check them.

BTW .. you have a PM.

Originally Posted by Borna
Great, thanks for the info Terry. I'm guessing I will have to wash them more often than others since I live in Dubai and it can get pretty dusty at times. Any idea on the recommended time frame to clean them in a relatively dusty area?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PM replied

And once again thanks for the info Terry.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmartin6
I am not sure where to post this because its a mix between a TECH and New owner.

Anyway,

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 2007 G35 Infinti Sedan with the 6 speed manual and what a great purchase.

My buddy has a 04 G35 sedan auto and I would slaughter him everytime.

Anyway after a few days, I dropped in the new INJEN DUAL cold air intake and this thing made a pretty big difference. Injen did a dyno and it gained 13 WHP.

I purchased this intake because a 2007 Altima 3.5 with a 6 speed was giving me issues from a roll (Another friend). That was kind of a embarrassing! He did have a Fujita intake though which apparently gives those things 14 WHP.

I purchased my intake from JKG RACING and I am completely satisfied with this intake. It was a little pricy, but it is one of a kind thats for sure.

Heres the link if anyones interested to the web page I bought it from:

http://www.jkgracing.com/intake17.html

Anyway, my next modification will be a cat-back exhaust

Are the intakes from that website real?! How come on the injen website we can't buy those intakes yet?!

Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 PM

The G37 coupe and the 07-08 sedan share the same part number. Injen will be able to verify that for you.

Originally Posted by tekieru
Are the intakes from that website real?! How come on the injen website we can't buy those intakes yet?!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM
So these are the best intakes availble for the G35?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Huge debate brewing over on myG37:

http://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182401

Originally Posted by tekieru
So these are the best intakes availble for the G35?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 PM
wow...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where does this intake actually draw air from. The posts on g37driver imply that it is from a dead space with little flow. Is this correct?? Starting to second guess my order and reconsider exhaust first......

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still shocked at how many people are hoping for big power gains from an intake on our cars.

It's simple, look at where our intakes draw air from, and look at the design.

If it looks good, there's little power to be gained.

The cars that make lots of power with an intake have a crappy stock intake design with small single tubes, small filters, and small holes to let the air in. We don't have that problem.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by silverG2007
I'm still shocked at how many people are hoping for big power gains from an intake on our cars.

The cars that make lots of power with an intake have a crappy stock intake design with small single tubes, small filters, and small holes to let the air in. We don't have that problem.
+1000!! when/IF i get these filters it will be mainly for the looks and sound and a bit of power increase!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by silverG2007

yeah but regardless of how much obvious it is that the intake shouldn't make power, if they are going to advertise +14 whp then the product should deliver +14 whp.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
yeah but regardless of how much obvious it is that the intake shouldn't make power, if they are going to advertise +14 whp then the product should deliver +14 whp.

I see advertisers getting away with selling herbal p*nis enlargers. Exaggerating horsepower, or providing the best possible numbers, is somewhat expected (unfortunately). I don't expect to get what is advertised. Half would be nice. I'll take 6hp and some shiny stuff under the hood. I'm bone stock so I'll try to line up some dynos before and after. I understand the issues with stationary hp measurment but there aren't many other objective measures.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G-perz
I see advertisers getting away with selling herbal p*nis enlargers. Exaggerating horsepower, or providing the best possible numbers, is somewhat expected (unfortunately). I don't expect to get what is advertised. Half would be nice. I'll take 6hp and some shiny stuff under the hood. I'm bone stock so I'll try to line up some dynos before and after. I understand the issues with stationary hp measurment but there aren't many other objective measures.
Exactly!

FWIW, half of the HP that's advertised (for bolt on performance parts) is a very reasonable explanation.

The problem comes when people believe what they read.......

HFC: 10hp
catback: 15hp
Intake: 15hp
Tune: 15hp

That means if I get these things..... I'll have a 361hp 335i beater, right?

WRONG.

Add them up, and you'll have closer to 330hp. And stock 335i's will be within range, but you won't be destroying one any time soon.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
So is the new Injen Cold Air Intake good or bad?! Is it the best intake on the market vs. Stillen?!

If you install those types of intakes is there a increase in engine sound?

Last edited by tekieru; 07-04-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Regardless of all the arguments and disagreements, i can safely say that if you want to go aftermarket, then the Injen right now is the BEST intake for our cars, period! And once someone gets a before/after dyno of a bone stock car i'm pretty sure we'll see increase between ~7-10RWHP, which is nice for just an intake.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen Cold Air Intake For 07+ Sedan