Stock + intake dyno only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Stock + intake dyno only

This is starting to drive me a little crazy, sounds like everyone is saying that every intake for our car makes it loose power. If you have, please post dyno of car that is STOCK with only the intake. Interested in Stillen, Injen, and JWT. JWT is the only one I haven't heard get blasted. Injen seems next best but a pain to install, and stillen... well mine is for sale.

If you have PLEASE post dyno's!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my car dynoed for the second time today...about two months ago I dynoed my car once I put on my fujita intakes...I got 246 rwhp...today I dynoed it because i wanted to see if I gained any power from my HKS Mufflers...turns out I only got 2whp...but I'm pretty sure that I gained a little bit of power from stock to intake...

Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by titan13qb
I just got my car dynoed for the second time today...about two months ago I dynoed my car once I put on my fujita intakes...I got 246 rwhp...today I dynoed it because i wanted to see if I gained any power from my HKS Mufflers...turns out I only got 2whp...but I'm pretty sure that I gained a little bit of power from stock to intake...
Keep in mind that the temps and humidity 2 months ago was different and you probably would have been getting higher numbers since it was probably cooler then. Temperature differences alone can affect the reading by up to, but not limited to 5hp, depending on which dyno you were on. And of course dyno to dyno will get you different results too. The best way to get consistent numbers is to dyno the same day before the temperature changes too much.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
titan.. where do you get ur car dyno'd at?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check here for mine: https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...a-intakes.html
I have since put my stock intakes back on. You are more than welcome to buy my Fujita's though!

Originally Posted by KulG35
This is starting to drive me a little crazy, sounds like everyone is saying that every intake for our car makes it loose power. If you have, please post dyno of car that is STOCK with only the intake. Interested in Stillen, Injen, and JWT. JWT is the only one I haven't heard get blasted. Injen seems next best but a pain to install, and stillen... well mine is for sale.

If you have PLEASE post dyno's!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ok so this is aggrivating me. i will do a dyno same day same time i have the stillen longtube and HFC so ill do it with the intake and then take it off and see if there is a power loss or gain.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by suby01
ok so this is aggrivating me. i will do a dyno same day same time i have the stillen longtube and HFC so ill do it with the intake and then take it off and see if there is a power loss or gain.
Awesome... I have the stillen long tube and thing def seemed better when I took it off. I have HFC and exhaust as well...let me know how it goes. Will the stock or any under perform because the ECU hasn't adjusted to the airflow?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
i've never heard of it losing power. i have the stillen cai with the ztube. i feel power. but im suppose to be getting it dynoed within the next 2 weeks, so ill let u know. stillen is dyno proven. btw anyone does anyone think an 06 g35 coupe would get into high 13's with just an intake?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I blame the internet, but people seem to get obsessed over dyno numbers.

In reality, a dyno is best as a tuning tool.

On the same day, with the same car, a dyno can vary by 5hp or more. Different days, different dynos? Could be a 30+hp difference. You really can't compare them looking for 5 and 10hp gains.

Real testing for power should be done at the drag strip. You'll be able to tell from your time slips and trap speeds whether or not your car gained power (and is faster).

But, again, you can't look for 5 and 10hp gains at the drag strip either. You can't even FEEL anything less than a 10hp gain anyways. So IMO, if you can't feel a difference, don't waste $$ on it. Get an intake or exhaust for the sound and look.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverG2007

On the same day, with the same car, a dyno can vary by 5hp or more. Different days, different dynos? Could be a 30+hp difference. You really can't compare them looking for 5 and 10hp gains.

Real testing for power should be done at the drag strip. You'll be able to tell from your time slips and trap speeds whether or not your car gained power (and is faster).

But, again, you can't look for 5 and 10hp gains at the drag strip either. You can't even FEEL anything less than a 10hp gain anyways. So IMO, if you can't feel a difference, don't waste $$ on it. Get an intake or exhaust for the sound and look.
+1

I also hate how everyone thinks dynojet numbers are "real"...i feel like dynojets add like 30hp as compared to other dynamometers

Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mongkey007
titan.. where do you get ur car dyno'd at?

VENGS DYNO PERFORMANCE at 46th and memorial...you can also go to humble performance but its more expensive...

Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ggirl35
i've never heard of it losing power. i have the stillen cai with the ztube. i feel power. but im suppose to be getting it dynoed within the next 2 weeks, so ill let u know. stillen is dyno proven. btw anyone does anyone think an 06 g35 coupe would get into high 13's with just an intake?
no...should be around mid 14s

Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 PM

I agree, but when I had a stillen on mine and took it off...there was a noticeable difference in torque! hp, ehh couldn't tell. I got the Stillen for looks and not gains...but def not for a loss in torque!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm with you here. This is my daily driver, I definitely wouldn't give up low end tq (what you use all the time) for high end hp.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm with you here. This is my daily driver, I definitely wouldn't give up low end tq (what you use all the time) for high end hp.
exactly what I notice... high end was good, but low end tq more useless to me