Technosquare Ecu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35hakop
i have an appointment on reflash on oct 23 =P cantt waitt!!!!

we're goin to ballin homie

Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you guys think i should get the ECU reflashed first or make the car look better? by making the car look better i mean coloring the grill black and all the emblems black and the black spoiler that the back up camera is on.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 {skyline}
By making the car look better i mean coloring the grill black and all the emblems black and the black spoiler that the back up camera is on.
I thought you wanted it to look better???

Old 09-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I thought you wanted it to look better???
My car is white and im going for a black and white them. my lights are tints and my windows are tinted. i wanted to get the emblems blacked out and the grill blacked out.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
first make the car look better bro.
but if your in a hurry then get it
but its worth it
im happy with it...my car is more ballsy now

Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just my $0.02 regarding mods. I would do everything non-engine related first. You know, tint, lowering, LEDs, 6k HIDs, new shoes, possibly chin spoiler and rear spats, then, I would start working under the hood (to include exhaust). If you plan on doing the ECU reflash, I would work under the hood a little first, because the reflash will take into account what you have done to your engine; hence the reason why they ask. So, in short, and as G35Robby mentioned above, make the car look better first.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Robby already has his flash done, but is soon to be installing a FI cat-back with HFCs.
If I understand this all correctly, it'd be in his best interest to have this flash updated once those mods are in place.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just wait until those were done before doing the flash?..... or are these guys local to you?

I'm down for 3 days if I decide to do this, since they're on the other side on the world from me.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
My understanding is that if you update your engine mods, after having the technoflash reflash done, it might be in the best interest to also have it updated.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
ya I sure that I'm gonna do looks first. but do you guys thing it will look good to have the badges on the back painted metalic black and also having the small rear spoiler and whole grill black?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Don't see why not.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Not my taste, but it's all about expression and what you think looks nice.
If done correctly, I'm sure it'll look great.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by G35 {skyline}
ya I sure that I'm gonna do looks first. but do you guys thing it will look good to have the badges on the back painted metalic black and also having the small rear spoiler and whole grill black?
the badges in black chrome, body-color the silver portion of the trunk lip, leave the front grille.

i like the idea of black pearl badging, but black grilles on white cars look absolutely trashy. in 6~8months you'll be buying another factory grille and selling your black one off.

the black back badges + stock front does end up poorly-balanced. a black pearl front emblem would balance it out, but would look terrible as well.

photoshop is your friend. grab some pix of a white G and start mocking up your ideas. If you absolutely hate the front grille, take a look at the ion..ic dynamics? grille. it's basically an em1 civic si grille made for a g35, but with a fresh badge in the middle it looks pretty good.

another option, if you have way more money than you should, is to body-color the chrome trim around the windows. you could also grab the "tape" that bmw owners buy and black out the chrome trim. search 335 and shadowline (not on this site, of course).

you're at a point where you want to do a ton of stuff to your new toy, but you have far more bad ideas than good ones at this time. like i said, throw your ideas into photoshop, get the junk out of the way, and run with the really good ones. writers do this all the time, so why not apply the same "clearing of the pipes" to this creative process?

c/n: tune it, silly. more go >>>>>>>>>>>>>> more show.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Robby already has his flash done, but is soon to be installing a FI cat-back with HFCs.
If I understand this all correctly, it'd be in his best interest to have this flash updated once those mods are in place.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just wait until those were done before doing the flash?..... or are these guys local to you?

I'm down for 3 days if I decide to do this, since they're on the other side on the world from me.

well bro, it wont be long till i get my exhaust and hfcs but the guy told me i could come back for a dyno tune when i get the parts on. the place isnt that far from my house. Technosquare and Fast Intentions are are close to my house, about 30 to 45 min distances. Plus i got near the same rwhp as the guy who had stillen exhaust and stillen hfc and injen intake. But since i used my stock intake he could push my car a lil more
but i have to pay money for the dyno...im sure prollly like 120-160

Old 09-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
well bro, it wont be long till i get my exhaust and hfcs but the guy told me i could come back for a dyno tune when i get the parts on. the place isnt that far from my house. Technosquare and Fast Intentions are are close to my house, about 30 to 45 min distances. Plus i got near the same rwhp as the guy who had stillen exhaust and stillen hfc and injen intake. But since i used my stock intake he could push my car a lil more
but i have to pay money for the dyno...im sure prollly like 120-160
do you have before/after dyno graphs? and was your car just reflashed or was it reflashed AND dyno tuned? near same rwhp as stillen HFC and exhaust thats impressive..

Old 09-20-2008, 02:40 AM
and to bring back the OP's question, wats the difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. obvoiusly nobody has any definite results but how about a ballpark figure. i think the G35s 5AT does 0-60 in like 5.4 and the 1/4 mile in like 13.9ish STOCK. can we expect something like 4.8-4.9 and 13.4??? i think those numbers are realistic for a car putting down 300whp..im no professional though, im just giving a possible answer, can someone with more knowledge estimate how much faster the 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare Ecu