Just got Black Betty's Grounding Wires in the mail!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
So, for our cars, is the throttle body upgrade recommended or not?
Since the throttle bodies are electronic drive by wire systems, i dont see how the response wouldnt benefit from better current flow. The faster the current moves through its medium with the least resistance, the better. I should be getting my kit in tomorrow so hopefully i can chime in with a response once it is in.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll double check on the module tomorrow morning. I don't recall seeing it either, and can't imagine what purpose something there would serve .

Old 12-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by bfranks
I'll double check on the module tomorrow morning. I don't recall seeing it either, and can't imagine what purpose something there would serve .
Maybe he was thinking of the module on the positive side? And just spoke without thinking. Lots of service techs, when they dont know an answer will often speak out the *** and not even think about what they are saying haha.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EnviedG35
Since the throttle bodies are electronic drive by wire systems, i dont see how the response wouldnt benefit from better current flow. The faster the current moves through its medium with the least resistance, the better. I should be getting my kit in tomorrow so hopefully i can chime in with a response once it is in.
Mail has been slow due to the holidays so give it much longer than usual; been taking a full week. Please let us all know your thoughts when you get it installed.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Maybe he was thinking of the module on the positive side? And just spoke without thinking. Lots of service techs, when they dont know an answer will often speak out the *** and not even think about what they are saying haha.
That's the only explanation I can think of as well. Grounding has nothing to do with the positive side though so that wouldn't apply here unless he misspoke or g35_6gear possibly misunderstood what he was saying.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Mail has been slow due to the holidays so give it much longer than usual; been taking a full week. Please let us all know your thoughts when you get it installed.

Welll im only one state over so im hoping it doesnt take too long haha

Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Imagine how long its gonna take for me coming from Canada. lol I just ordered a set!!

Thanks for Clarifying Black Betty! about this grounding business.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Did you buy the TB upgrade too, or only the basic kit?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by san~man
Did you buy the TB upgrade too, or only the basic kit?
I only sell the full kit including the throttle body grounding except to prior customers who bought before I added the throttle body grounding; only for them I offer the upgrade of the throttle grounding wires. You must purchase everything, there's no option to get only part of it.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Hey Jeremy, I just PMed you on myg37 but I didn't know you were responding until I saw your Screen name. lol
My bad

Anyways, so your saying, the dealer has no idea what they are talking about?
Some of them are dimwitted, but just a precaution, is it safe to install this without F-ing up my ecu or any other electrical parts?

I should be getting the kit tomorrow BTW.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Must be it. There is nothing on the grounding side.

This TB upgrade finally pushed me over the edge With a 6MT, the throttle response will be the biggest noticeable difference for me, so it looks like it's time to order....

Old 12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice, I think I'll be ordering a set from you when i get back. Thanks BB

Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Okay guys, I am puzzled. How come there are are other grounding wire sets on the market that have as many as 10 wires in the set and utilize 4 G wires with this many wires and have had rave reviews about them. Then along comes Black Betty wires and the owner says 8 G is good enough in most cases and only 5 wires are required ?
Makes me wonder, what gives ??

I have been reading reports from many of the different makes. Here is a thread with another make with excellent claims: https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/55081-gordgees-groundinggear.html Lots of interesting readiong there.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 12-22-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
hard to explain i think I'll just let BB explain but i think if you're not going for an aftermarket sound system 4 is just over kill, so 8 is enough. But i'll let him chime in.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the BB grounding wires are "the best". I'm sure he can chime in on this, but I think he chose a few main grounding points that were easy for ordinary people to actually install and that gave a noticeable improvement. That, along with the top notch quality, and low price, make them the best bang for your buck.

The gains for these kits are hard to quantify to begin with. You probably do see some slight improvement with the extra wires in a 10 wire kit, but have you actually read the install directions. Have fun getting to the ECU and some of the other grounding locations. Add that to the fact that the "other" kits cost 1.5-2x as much and I think most of us decided it wasn't worth it.

They are both good kits, and both have lots of satisfied customers. You really can't go wrong with either one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got Black Betty's Grounding Wires in the mail!