Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
got any updates for me on the 03 g35 ??
interested in ordering. thnx ..

Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
got any updates for me on the 03 g35 ??
interested in ordering. thnx ..
Not just yet. I want to be 100% certain they meet my expectations so that I can be assured they'll meet yours. They are on one G35 sedan and I have another coupe to install them on and get feedback before I'll consider selling them to anyone.

Patience.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got mine installed, very nice Jeremy... thanks.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BB also has Throttle Body Grounding wire (came with V.2 BB Kit)
Don no what he call. I just ordered an upgrade.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I just put my BB's in tonight and took it out for a 30 minute drive. Certainly the throttle response is better, but I was wondering if that's only because by disconnecting the negative terminal, I've reset my ECU in the process.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
How long was your battery disconnected for?
I plan on running and connecting all of the wires and then the last step will be to disconnect the negative terminal and connect the ends to the battery.
This should avoid ECU issues and I won't have to reprogram my stereo or reset the windows.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I took off the negative terminal from the very beginning of the install because it's safer when working with electrical mods. That being said, it was off for like 2 hours (dinner break in between)

Let me know how it goes, and don't electrocute yourself. kidding.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
LOL!

I'll be fine. With 2 hours off the battery, you are correct. The ECU may have reset itself.
If mine reset, it would take hours to get it back to it's pi$$ed off, overly aggressive setting that it's currently at.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
How long was your battery disconnected for?
I plan on running and connecting all of the wires and then the last step will be to disconnect the negative terminal and connect the ends to the battery.
This should avoid ECU issues and I won't have to reprogram my stereo or reset the windows.
You certainly can do it that way, but DrGeeMD is correct in saying that it's safer to disconnect the negative battery terminal FIRST before doing anything. In the real world, nothing will happen doing it your way presuming you don't do anything silly or incorrect, but I always advise disconnecting the battery first not last. It's even in the installation instructions that way.

Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
I took off the negative terminal from the very beginning of the install because it's safer when working with electrical mods. That being said, it was off for like 2 hours (dinner break in between)

Let me know how it goes, and don't electrocute yourself. kidding.
I don't know exactly how long your battery has to be disconnected before the ECU resets, I've heard everything from 30 minutes to overnight. I've never seen anything definitive to confirm the correct answer. That being said, without any interruptions or delays, this install should take less than 30 minutes even for the most novice mechanic. I'm sure I've done it more times than most people, but it only takes me 10 or 15 usually. That amount of time certainly won't reset your ECU. Any gains you get will be permanent as long as you still have the kit installed. If you're curious or skeptical, try taking it off and see if the gains stay with you. They won't and you'll spend more time putting it back on.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I'll run all the wires and get them in place, disconnect the battery, connect the ends and then hook the battery back up. That should avoid all concerns.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I'll run all the wires and get them in place, disconnect the battery, connect the ends and then hook the battery back up. That should avoid all concerns.
Somebody's using their head!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey guys what exactly does this Black Betty thing do? Does it work for AT? and does any decent links with info?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Defratos
Hey guys what exactly does this Black Betty thing do? Does it work for AT? and does any decent links with info?
Check this thread on myG37.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Defratos
It's perfectly for AT.I also have it for mine 03 Honda Pilot. The radio is extreamly louder than before and the shifting is super smoother and faster.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:03 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
wow this sounds like a sweet product, I'm gonna get one. So if my understanding is correct the kit only comes with 5 wires, which are supposed to ground the following:

Grounds the negative battery terminal to the chassis, (1 wire)
The engine block to chassis on both the right and left cylinder banks of the engine block, (2 wires)
And both throttle bodies to the negative battery terminal. (last 2 wires)

am I correct? and what color seems best? I'm torn between Black and the Carbon fiber look , any recommendations as to which color to go for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Betty Wires