Forced Induction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009 | 11:14 PM
+100000000000000

Old 01-15-2009 | 11:16 PM
|
i think im talking him into intake and exhaust instead..

Old 01-15-2009 | 11:45 PM
sounds like a good idea man...enjoy the car when you get it and make sure to post some pics

Old 01-16-2009 | 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Gthayer
i think im talking him into intake and exhaust instead..
Good call bud.
I wasn't flaming you, but I do have concern when I see stuff like this. Yeah, we all get out there and play once in a while, but there is an aweful lot of responsibility that comes along with driving a powerful car... or any car for that matter.
It all goes wrong in a blink of an eye, and there's no going back. Spend the next few years building some experience behind the wheel and build you car along the way.

Be safe and have fun.
See you out there.

Old 01-16-2009 | 12:21 PM
Bunch of haters in here... lol

Old 01-16-2009 | 12:31 PM
i don't think it's much that there are haters in here...but more educated people who understand what happens when a young kid gets a car too powerful for his skills...look at that nick hogan character, he's a joke and had pipe dreams like all kids wanting a high HP car, but look what happened to that brickhead

there was another story i was reading earlier of 2008 when a 16 yr old kid received a 500hp space grey M5...what happened you ask? the ****ing kid flew off an embankment on an airway strip him and 4 of his friends snuck on to and ran into a palm tree...killing everyone...what's even more messed up about this story is that he was on some m5forums under the name american m5 and was asking how to drive it "properly"...

every single one of us enthusiasts in here have wanted a 600hp supra at one point when we were young...fortunately for most of us our wish didn't come true...it's also just retarded IMO to come on here asking about a twin turbo kit and mention that you're not even of age to drive a car...on top of that, why would anyone drop 20k on a twin turbo kit, and THEN give it away for 3k...

Old 01-16-2009 | 12:41 PM
You are absolutely correct! When I look back in my past and think about the way I drove and compare it to now, it's night and day...

But this is a forum where people come to for info. Calling a kid an idiot and automatically assuming and stereotyping IMO is wrong.. actually pretty immature....

Just becuz you read a story and see that dumb hogan kid crashing doesn't mean that all kids are like that. Although most likey...

I got my first car (a civic) when I was 16.. I always dreamed of putting a turbo in it... Although it took me 5 years of saving I finaly got it done! If someone called me an idiot when i said i wanted a turbo kit, i would've taken offense.... But i did start my reserach when I was 16 to see what would be best... and at the end i ended up with a 400 hp civic.. shrug

Who knows maybe this kid will be the next F1 star... maybe he'll kill himself with his car.. no one knows.... It's good to advise your beliefs but you dont have to preach it to others....

2cents..

Old 01-16-2009 | 01:24 PM
I agree with what you are saying but you have to view both sides of it. I was a stupid kid once too and looking back, I did some things that make me thankful to still be here. I also know that back when I was 18, if someone in a forum told me that I was too young and didn't have the necessary skills for such a ride, I would have told them where to go. But, ya know what... they would have been right.
Yes, people come here for advice and this is another form of advice. It may not be technical, but it's good sound advice, all the same.
I agree that people here should be treated with respect and there is no room for name calling. I'm proud that anyone can look back through my 1,800 posts and one thing you will not find is disrespect or name calling.

Last point you made was "maybe he'll kill himself with his car.. no one knows".
This is true and that would suck if it happened.
My concern is who he takes out with him. I'm a dad now. I think differently.
Take your immature, poor driving skills butt to a track and have a blast. Just don't jeopordize the safety of yourself or others.

I hope we haven't scared the new kid away. There's a lot of good people here and a ton of great info.
I've made a few friends here as well.

Old 01-16-2009 | 01:33 PM
Good post! like you said there are better ways to give sound advice with no disrespect.

Old 01-16-2009 | 05:44 PM
|
yeah, i aguree with mrclowny that some of yall were pretty dang harsh but i relize where your coming from, i know i dont need FI, but hell, if im getting a new car with 7000 miles on it so im shure ill be driving it for a while, so i was just intrested in the subject and maybe in the future FI could be an option, like mrclowny's cvic, im shure its alot more power than i could handle right now but this will most likley be my car for a long time to come, and haha i know my parents would never let me have a TT g35 for my first car, just thinking ahead and trying to learm more about my soon to be car

thanks for all yalls advice, and next time a noob posts a thread like this go a little easier on him haha

Old 01-16-2009 | 05:47 PM
|
ohh and please dont email the companys, someone emailed JDN solutions and copy and pasted my first post from this thread i guess to see if i was telling the truth?
idk but please dont e-mail the companys i posted, the bisnuess is between my and DJ, not his mom

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:49 PM
Dude, just go back and edit it out to avoid future issues. Problem solved!
Quite frankly, I thought you were nuts to post that info to begin with.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:03 PM
|
haha good call
done!