Anyone here got the Berk HFC from group buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm a no as well. I also left a message for Andy yesterday, but haven't heard back from him yet.

I may try and stop by Berk tomorrow if I have time and talk to Bryan and see if he can let me know when the last 3 of these will ship.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by d_cecc629
hm...i havent noticed anything yet. Then i again i only drove it from the shop back to my house. When i take it out tonight ill be sure to keep my ears open and ill let you know tomorrow for sure. Where does it sound like it's coming from? The shop told me the mechanic who did my install dropped a socket in my engine bay and couldnt find it so i might be hearing that.
Hey Daniel... How you liking the Berks anyway? You getting any kind of strange resonances like Clement's getting?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No here also. But Andy said they wouldn't ship until last friday or most likely this Monday3/16 . So I'm going to give it a few more days.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok... Just talked to Andy and here's the most recent update.

Crazystand and my Berks both shipped out today from Berk Technologies in SoCal... If this is the case, then I should be receiving mine tomorrow... I will let you know if I get them or not.

Unfortunately, dreamweaver's have not shipped out yet, since his are the 1st gen units and these aren't ready to ship yet. Berk is telling Andy that these will be another 1 - 2 weeks... he is pushing them for a better delivery. Andy said that he will give you a call directly or send you a PM on here with an update.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea Andy called me... im going to see if anyone has them in stock... this is crazy.. i got to have them by April 18th to bring with me to the tunners... this is just silly.. if he can get them to me by them then i wont cancel. but meantime im calling around. i dont want to cancel but its all up to if i can find someone that has them in stock.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the delay, man... When I talked to the guys at Berk way back when, they assured me they were in-stock and ready to ship... Little did they know, though, that we would be selling 15 sets of them on the GB, so they obviously couldn't handle the demand.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that stocks them, so I don't know if you'll have any more luck getting them anywhere else. You may want to call Berk directly and ask for Bryan. His direct number is 714-546-BERK (x2375). Tell him that you bought a set of HFC's for th 1st Gen cars through Andy at HP Auto and that you want to make sure they will be ready to ship by the 1st week in April, otherwise you will have to cancel. Bryan seems like a good guy and should give you a straight up answer.

I know how you feeling... I've been waiting for these too, so I can go get my UpRev tune done and keep on having to push back my appointment.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I know how you feeling... I've been waiting for these too, so I can go get my UpRev tune done and keep on having to push back my appointment.
hah me too, me too. Good to hear ours finally shipped. I probably won't get them till friday or monday coming from socal to maryland.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice you're all finally getting your cats, well, I went down to STL and took it to a shop to try to figure out the problem, So now I have a magnaflow x pipe(resonated) with no resonators, got rid of the sound on the acceleration side but there is still kinda a weird noise when the rev's drop, quieter, and only if done very specifically, got it back on the lift and it sounded like it came form everywhere hahahaha. Let me know if you guys get a sound when you install your berks please! Thanks!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by crazystand
hah me too, me too. Good to hear ours finally shipped. I probably won't get them till friday or monday coming from socal to maryland.
It usually takes 5 business days from here to the East Coast if you ship ground, so I wouldn't expect them until Wednesday, maybe Tuesday if your lucky. I'm 10 - 15 miles from their place and I still haven't gotten mine yet. LOL... I'll let you know if I get them tomorrow though.

Originally Posted by Csquared
nice you're all finally getting your cats, well, I went down to STL and took it to a shop to try to figure out the problem, So now I have a magnaflow x pipe(resonated) with no resonators, got rid of the sound on the acceleration side but there is still kinda a weird noise when the rev's drop, quieter, and only if done very specifically, got it back on the lift and it sounded like it came form everywhere hahahaha. Let me know if you guys get a sound when you install your berks please! Thanks!
Awesome, Clement... Can you tell us how much the custom x-pipe cost you? Also, what size tubing did they use? 2-1/4"? 2-3/8"? And did they cut off the section on the Tanabe rear pipes that necks down to the stock pipe size? Please post some pics and sound clips when you get a chance.

Incidentally, my car makes what sounds like a soft sucking noise under deceleration at around 2K rpm's... It did this with the stock exhaust and it's slightly more apparent with the Tanabe on... I wonder if this is the same sound your hearing?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I called BERK today... Im very disturbed that HP autoworks has not sent them a PO for my cats since I have paid for them in full. Brian said that HP auto's order has been filled. yes the First generation Cores are not available till April.. so this leaves me in a very very tight bind.. I was going to have Berk drop ship them to my tunners but berk cant even do that until they have a PO with my address to ship to. WTF... I just called HP and left a message to find out whats going on on their end since my money has been tied up for almost 4 weeks now and no product augh... im about to panic..

Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey adrian, Yeah it might be the same sound, but mine is around 2.7 - 3 k rpm. here i made a thread with all the details.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...ml#post4033588

I'll pm you the price for the work he did.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Well, I just got home from the local Orange County Super Autobac's / Hooter's G meet and guess what I had sitting on my front porch? You got it... MY BERKS!!! WooHoo... finally... Now I just need to install them and then get my custom x-pip / mid-pipe done.

Hey adrian, Yeah it might be the same sound, but mine is around 2.7 - 3 k rpm. here i made a thread with all the details.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...ml#post4033588

I'll pm you the price for the work he did.
Based on your description in your other thread, Clement, I think it's exactly the same sound that mine and many othr G's make when the engine is under heavy vacuum under deceleration. I think it is actually back-flow in the exhaust system that is causing the noise. Whatever it is, it seems to be more apparent when you reduce the back-pressure on the system with free flowing components.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Nice you got your berks now throws those things on! I'll try to get a video later and post it online as well. yeah it's possible what you said, i wonder if there is a fix to stop this?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:01 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
well it's been 7 weeks for me (original order placed 28-01-2009),

spoke to Brian (or Adrian) can't remember his name at Berks and "Supposedly" mine got sent to Aramex last Thursday,

so Aramex should have them tomorrow, to be honest I'm not holding my breath

Old 03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Defratos
well it's been 7 weeks for me (original order placed 28-01-2009),

spoke to Brian (or Adrian) can't remember his name at Berks and "Supposedly" mine got sent to Aramex last Thursday,

so Aramex should have them tomorrow, to be honest I'm not holding my breath
According to Berk, the rest of the 2nd gen units shipped out on Wednesday of last week. I received mine on Thursday, so I have no reason to doubt them. Hey Crazystand, please let us know when you receive yours this week... I'm guessing you should have them by Wednesday.

Nice you got your berks now throws those things on! I'll try to get a video later and post it online as well. yeah it's possible what you said, i wonder if there is a fix to stop this?
Hopefully I'll have them installed this week if I have time, or next week for sure. I will post up some new sound clips once they are on. Then my next step is a custom x-pipe / mid-pipe like yours, Clement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here got the Berk HFC from group buy?