Injen CAI Dyno results!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 01:09 AM
|
Thumbs up Injen CAI Dyno results!

here's a review and dyno done by a guy with a G37. shows how much HP gain you get with a tottally stock unmodified G! so for the doubters of the Injen CAI. Take a look at this review, and it may make you think twice about picking up a Stillen Gen3! Injen CAI has gains down low and up top ! Glad i got mine! LOL

http://myg37.com/forums/intake-and-e...-dyno-fun.html

Old 02-24-2009 | 01:29 AM
The filter sitting that low behind the bumper cover scares me. There were times a few months ago (remember our big rains?) when a good portion of my car would have been underwater, and the possibility for hydrolock was there.

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:13 AM
|
yea thats one thing i was skeptical about also with these. but i try to avoid deep puddles at all costs. and one time when it was raining, the roads were wet on the H2, i got home and looked down there with a flashlight. and all was dry on the filters, only the plastic covers were a little wet. so that soothed my feelings about the filters getting soaked! since it's pretty covered down there. but big deep puddles i still worry with any car i have.

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:24 AM
my friend called me a few weeks ago and said he was on the H1 and saw me flying by him one night. I told him wasnt me, Im hanging at home. Must have been Mike. Thats why, you get the Injens, I get the Stillen noise makers. Whoop!

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:24 AM
I knew my injens were the **** lmao

INJEN FTW

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:55 AM
|
Originally Posted by h2mann
my friend called me a few weeks ago and said he was on the H1 and saw me flying by him one night. I told him wasnt me, Im hanging at home. Must have been Mike. Thats why, you get the Injens, I get the Stillen noise makers. Whoop!
haha was'nt me either! never had the G out that far in the last 3 weeks! LOL. u sure was'nt you hainano? hehe I know u like go fast to hear the Stillens Roar! LMAO

Old 02-24-2009 | 03:17 AM
I drive around a lot more than you guys, so I doubt these are on my list. It's either the Gen3 or the K&N for me.

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:10 AM
It's nice that the CAI gains some power across the board/up top, but i'm not sure the claim of no low-end loss is entirely valid.

Low-end loss from most aftermarket intake happens when there is heat soak. This dyno was done with the hood wide open and a fan blowing directly into the intake. There's almost no chance for heat soak in this set-up.

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:15 AM
I love my INJENS!

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:56 AM
pfft, you get heatsoak 100% of the time if your coolant lines are still attached to your throttle bodies

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:59 AM
Sick.... makes me wanna rethink the whole intake business.

One of the pressing reasons why I dont want a CAI on top of my exhaust is the noise. I feel my car is loud enough with the stillen exhaust.. I dont wanna make it any louder than it already is.

Anyone here put on their exhaust first then eventually the CAI's? hows the noise difference like? much louder or just a hint more?

If its just a hint.. maybe I'll consider this. I like the gains im seeing on that dyno..hehe

Old 02-24-2009 | 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
The filter sitting that low behind the bumper cover scares me. There were times a few months ago (remember our big rains?) when a good portion of my car would have been underwater, and the possibility for hydrolock was there.
this is a common misconception about the filter location...i was in some heavy downpour a few days ago because we had a tornado warning...i went thru 1 ft deep puddles with no problem at all. I wanted to test out my new tires in the rain so i went thru all kinds of deep puddles that night.

you have to understand how the bumper is made in that side. the front grilles are completely closed so there can't be water coming from the front side of the bumper. now go take a look under the bumper where the filter would be. it is completely closed off. i just don't think this is an issue to worry about

Old 02-24-2009 | 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
this is a common misconception about the filter location...i was in some heavy downpour a few days ago because we had a tornado warning...i went thru 1 ft deep puddles with no problem at all. I wanted to test out my new tires in the rain so i went thru all kinds of deep puddles that night.

you have to understand how the bumper is made in that side. the front grilles are completely closed so there can't be water coming from the front side of the bumper. now go take a look under the bumper where the filter would be. it is completely closed off. i just don't think this is an issue to worry about
I'd rather err on the side of safety personally, rather than gain a few HP.

If you saw the rain we got 2 months ago, you'd be afraid to install the Injen too. There were places where the street would be under water about 18", and not just a puddle but a small "lake" that would stretch 1/4 block long in length. I didn't even drive my Mustang through those areas and it had the stock intake system, so there's no way I'd drive the G through there with an intake down in the fender.

Me personally, I'd rather do the Gen 3 and have "piece of mind" and lose (if even that) a few HP.

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:04 PM
i hear ya man, i drive with caution when there is rain and used to worry about the filters...but after that last downpour i'm not worried anymore. i'm talking about poorly-designed roads with very little water runoff, or sewers. this is at least 20-30ft of water on the side of the road where most people hydroplane. the depth of the water was at least a foot deep with some parts being deeper. water so high on the water runoff areas, that it would splash water about 6 to 7 feet high if you were driving through it at 15mph. i'm not talking about 3 inch puddles, this was a major downpour with tornado warnings and hailstorms only a few miles away

Old 02-24-2009 | 04:10 PM
Ya we had some heavy rain fall in Cali a few days ago. It's been raining here a lot lately. But I stuck in some bad rain like a week ago and i thought i was going to fvck up my car but once i got home and checked out the filters it was alright. It did have a little bit of water on them but not enough to do anything. Your intakes have to be submerged under water to damage anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen CAI Dyno results!