another ECU upgrade option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bullydog is very well known with diesel trucks and stuff, i didnt even know they made products for cars..

Old 03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
OK, I wouldn't give up just yet. Here is a page out of the manual that has the years better specified. They still make the mistake of including the '09 but they may have created the manual before the G37 was announced for the sedan and they just assumed. I am not telling anyone to go and buy it but I think that they have the HR covered.

Attached Files
Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ya and they also wrote "infinity"........
i saw that manual which makes sense. so now which one is correct??
a printed product webpage or a physical product rep? i think im done with this product. if theres 2 pages of a thread of random guessing if we can give them our money for something that a lot of people on here want and still have no answer.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
edit another update..
so i just called their sales line.
and i asked them
will this product with with a 2007 infiniti g35?
they rep says yes
so your saying it will support the HR motor?
it should
well i would like to know for sure before i buy it
im transfered to someone else
i ask same question
same response it should work
so i told them im on the infiniti online forums and several members have contacted your sales reps and are getting different answers so we would like to know the facts not your guesses.
the reply is you can try it. if it doesnt work then you can call our tech line while your installing it and we can personally make a file for you once you read us the error code, but this is compatible to work with the g35 hr motor.

take that as you want. im all sorts of confused.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update Suby.

I am dissapointed that even after explaining the situation that they still can't give you a straight answer. I just don't know if the people working there know what they are doing. I wonder why they don't have a actual software person or tech answer these technical questions that the sales dept can't handle. If the person you got forwarded to was a tech rep, then shame on them for not knowing there product.

Maybe I'll just pick one up and see if it works. I'll have to think about it since I don't want to have to bring my car to Infiniti to reflash and explain what I was doing just before my car stopped working.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow Suby01 that's a seriously mind numbing answer LOL. I would never buy anything that said try it and see if it works..?? LOL

Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Well I am hearing that UpRev may be just about ready to release their ECU upgrade for our cars. Couple of threads here with people saying that they have one.

$700 though but much more customizable.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by rustyeleio
Thanks for the update Suby.

I am dissapointed that even after explaining the situation that they still can't give you a straight answer. I just don't know if the people working there know what they are doing. I wonder why they don't have a actual software person or tech answer these technical questions that the sales dept can't handle. If the person you got forwarded to was a tech rep, then shame on them for not knowing there product.

Maybe I'll just pick one up and see if it works. I'll have to think about it since I don't want to have to bring my car to Infiniti to reflash and explain what I was doing just before my car stopped working.
dude if you do it up im there right behind you. i mean then at least you can say you were the first to have this

Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Spoke with hadley, a tech at bully dog, and he confirmed this works on everything but the 3.7. My brother has it on his titan and his going to let me try the remap for the 3.5hr in two weeks when i see him. I can only try it, since he has to reflash his ecu to stock then put the bully dog on my car. Only one license per unit.. Boo!!! I can do a two degree timing advance and leave that on. I will keep you guys posted and if anybody gets this before let me know if it's worth the 30 minutes it will take.

Also-

According to Bully Dog they are going to become something like a "shelby" for Nissan/Infiniti cars. They claim it will soon be a dealer installed feature, they say they are working out the details with Nissan. Sounds interesting....

Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by G35driver101
Spoke with hadley, a tech at bully dog, and he confirmed this works on everything but the 3.7. My brother has it on his titan and his going to let me try the remap for the 3.5hr in two weeks when i see him. I can only try it, since he has to reflash his ecu to stock then put the bully dog on my car. Only one license per unit.. Boo!!! I can do a two degree timing advance and leave that on. I will keep you guys posted and if anybody gets this before let me know if it's worth the 30 minutes it will take.

Also-

According to Bully Dog they are going to become something like a "shelby" for Nissan/Infiniti cars. They claim it will soon be a dealer installed feature, they say they are working out the details with Nissan. Sounds interesting....
Yipppeee!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by G35driver101

Also-

wtf so it does work.. cuz if one more person says it does im fqin buyin one right meow.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Wow if this actually works for our cars then I'll be one of the first to jump onto it. Damnn that just sounds unbelievable...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
^^haha do it!!

ok so someone else call them and talk to someone who knows what the deal is `

Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
30 day money back. Can't hurt to try!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Got a reply form BullyDog which I pasted below. Everyone remember though that I haven't seen any numbers for the VQ35HR. I have only seen results for the VK engine on the Nissan Titan which is a completely different engine. Gains will vary, as they say. If anyone knows of any results from the HR engine please post!

"The pup will work on the 07 08 G35 with the VQ35HR, it will not currently work on the 09 G37.

Karl RudolphTech Support(866)285-5936karl.r@bullydogsd.com Tech Support HoursM-F 9am-6pm Central "

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another ECU upgrade option