another ECU upgrade option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that by the time our engine revs to like 7.5 k the hp and torque numbers start to fall already, so whats the point of going with more revs?

Old 03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
hm good point, let me check my dyno sheet when i get home to verify.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah, you are correct, the power curve on my car drops off considerably at around 7K rpms, however, it starts to actually rise again right before it hits the rev limiter at around 7600 rpms. I'm not sure if it would continue to rise or not above that, but I'm sure it wouldn't get back to my peak numbers, which are right around 6500 rpms. The biggest reason for being able to raise the rev limiter to 8K rpms is for someone that has aftermarket cams or may go with aftermarket cams in the future, then you could definitely benefit from those higher rpm's.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by kendroz
I just receive an email from Karl Rudolph that confirm I can remove speed limiter and raise rpm.
Next week I will buy this unit to test it.
Let you all known
Awesome... definitely let us know your thoughts and impressions!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks the for info 2g.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suby01
but then thats what this mostly does you get a higher rev limiter on w.e car or truck and they got power gains. just like others on here that have the technoscare ecu revs to 8k and can get 10-20 whp. so idk.

Saw my bro last night and I tired to do the 2 degree timing advance, and removal of the speed limiter but for some reason couldnt get the unit to talk with my car. He thought it would work without removing his tune but I will have to wait until this weekend.

These units will do more then just raise the rev limiter ( which I will NOT do).

They have two tune setting Regular or Premium depending on the fuel you use.

I have to say it made a HUGE difference on his titan with the WOT future, we lined up last night and even though I still pulled him, it wasnt near as far as the two pretune runs where a couple months ago.

Last edited by G35driver101; 03-09-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
anyone get it yet??

Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I think that G35Driver101 might be able to give it a try when he borrows his brothers unit this weekend.

Hey, G35Driver101...don't forget to try it this weekend!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Yea my bro had bully dog fix the problem with his programmer the first of this week. There was a corrupt file they had to remove and installed the newest version of their software. I will only have it on for the afternoon while I am over there but they should be more then enough time to notice a difference. Will post it up sat nite or sun morning

Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by G35driver101
They have two tune setting Regular or Premium depending on the fuel you use.
That is a timing map adjustment that the factory computer pretty much does on the fly, based on the knock sensor input. The maps are already there, sounds like the controller lets you select between them. BUT....Be careful with this guys...just swapping fuel or timing maps without fully understanding what you're doing can be catastrophic to your motor. The guys from Bullydog (and yes Bullydog is very well known over on the Titan boards, reputable company) specifically stated in that email reply that it is NOT setup for the 3.5 HR....unless you explicitly know what you are doing (i.e. you have tuned standalones before) I would not go monkeying with them. Best case it won't work, worst case you could fry something...hopefully your ECU before you fry your motor! Get yourself a good tuner who understands mapping to help you ....this sounds like a good way to make some light adjustments if it works, I would definitely be interested!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Justin311
That is a timing map adjustment that the factory computer pretty much does on the fly, based on the knock sensor input. The maps are already there, sounds like the controller lets you select between them. BUT....Be careful with this guys...just swapping fuel or timing maps without fully understanding what you're doing can be catastrophic to your motor. The guys from Bullydog (and yes Bullydog is very well known over on the Titan boards, reputable company) specifically stated in that email reply that it is NOT setup for the 3.5 HR....unless you explicitly know what you are doing (i.e. you have tuned standalones before) I would not go monkeying with them. Best case it won't work, worst case you could fry something...hopefully your ECU before you fry your motor! Get yourself a good tuner who understands mapping to help you ....this sounds like a good way to make some light adjustments if it works, I would definitely be interested!
Justin,

Where do see it stated that this is not for the 3.5 HR motors? There website and their engineers state that it works on all motors but the new 3.7VVEL. I am interested since everything I see and have heard says it will work.

Arick

Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by suby01
heres what i got. just like i expected...

Q) "will this product work with a 2007 infiniti g35 sedan with the vq35hr engine? thanks. "

A) No, Sorry Not At This Time. We are always expanding our Market, so keep checking our website.(w.bullydog.com)

If I can help you with anything else, please get back with me.

Thanks,
Gary xt.2148
877-258-5938
gary.c@bullydogsd.com
so another fail..
so your saying it will support the HR motor?
it should
well i would like to know for sure before i buy it
im transfered to someone else
i ask same question
same response it should work
so i told them im on the infiniti online forums and several members have contacted your sales reps and are getting different answers so we would like to know the facts not your guesses.
the reply is you can try it. if it doesnt work then you can call our tech line while your installing it and we can personally make a file for you once you read us the error code
Those kind of responses from Bullydog employees just wory me....if you know what you're doing, try it out. If you don't be VERY careful or have somebody with you who knows what they're doing. This is NOT an intake or a tint job - it is modifying an extremely important part of your engine!

If you're comfortable and want to try it out for everybody....thats awsome! If its a cheap programmer it will definitely make a diff, but only if you start modding your motor. I'm sure nissan didn't leave a huge amount on the tabel from what I've read.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Justin311
Those kind of responses from Bullydog employees just wory me....if you know what you're doing, try it out. If you don't be VERY careful or have somebody with you who knows what they're doing. This is NOT an intake or a tint job - it is modifying an extremely important part of your engine!

If you're comfortable and want to try it out for everybody....thats awsome! If its a cheap programmer it will definitely make a diff, but only if you start modding your motor. I'm sure nissan didn't leave a huge amount on the tabel from what I've read.
Thanks.. I spoke with them several times and they say it will work. I watched my bro pull his tune off his truck. Its a yes and no system and very easy. I will not be changeing my rev limit but will try to a few of the other mods.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Wont work again today. Got to try and get in touch with bully dog on monday. Downloaded newest version and it wont do anything to my ecu.

Has anybody else got this yet?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
i picked one up last week. hmm makes me the first?? lol.
driver101 on mine it says that i need to update it when it reads the engine is that what you get??
let me know what they say when you talk to them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another ECU upgrade option