Initial Review - Injen SRI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
The sound is certainly there, and with your PowerPup you may be able to get the most out of these intakes. I went with the SRI for ease of install and maintenance, plus i like driving in high waters

Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Where's the best place (and price) to get these puppies?

Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
These are the lowest i've seen them. You're next best bet is to use Live.com's 8% rebate for Buy It Now items on eBay (from Kuruma Motorsports, comes out to a few dollars more)

Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonderful videos soundmike!!!

thanks for doing that.

Intakes sound great!!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
These are the lowest i've seen them. You're next best bet is to use Live.com's 8% rebate for Buy It Now items on eBay (from Kuruma Motorsports, comes out to a few dollars more)
damn, Injen intakes at that price is a steal!!

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virus. i just got my injen long tubes installed and i love them. ppl said u lose power but top end my car just roared and opened up lovely. my head actually shot back in the seat. DS mode ofcourse. i now have hfc injen long tubes and tanabe. im getting my custom xpipe this wk and my osiris tune next saturday. ill keep u guys updated

Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
So I decided to just bite the bullet and order this. Placed an order from the site soundmike posted. Great pricing. I paid a little more for the black tubes but still awesome price. They said I ordered the last black they had in stock and they only have polished left. Who know if that's true, but I ordered today and they shipped it out this afternoon. Wow on the service. I just called and let them know I was from the Driver site.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
They said I ordered the last black they had in stock and they only have polished left.

I tried ordering a set this morning, using my $150- Infiniti Rewards Card and the rest on PayPal, but they couldn't do it.
I didn't have enough in Paypal to cover the entire amount so I have to wait for funds to get to Paypal.
In the meantime, I missed out on the last set of Black.

Aw, crap!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus

I tried ordering a set this morning, using my $150- Infiniti Rewards Card and the rest on PayPal, but they couldn't do it.
I didn't have enough in Paypal to cover the entire amount so I have to wait for funds to get to Paypal.
In the meantime, I missed out on the last set of Black.

Aw, crap!
lol....for some reason, I get the feeling they got more blacks and they were just giving me a line. but I'm not sure. I hope they magically just have one more left for you.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Mike, you still happy with these things???

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Happi-er, actually. To be honest i was thinking of selling the piece, but decided to give it a few more miles of "break-in", and i'm glad i waited.

I've noticed the car being much more responsive than even on my latest update - and to think it's been getting hotter down here in Houston. The lag is non-existent and the car revs nicely regardless of rpm or throttle location. Although i was slightly disappointed that there's no growl unless you go WOT, i'm warming up to it... it's nice to leisurely accelerate without making much of a scene but yet have that ability to make it howl when needed.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Any regret when compared to the R2C (and it's $500- price tag)?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Happi-er, actually. To be honest i was thinking of selling the piece, but decided to give it a few more miles of "break-in", and i'm glad i waited.

I've noticed the car being much more responsive than even on my latest update - and to think it's been getting hotter down here in Houston. The lag is non-existent and the car revs nicely regardless of rpm or throttle location. Although i was slightly disappointed that there's no growl unless you go WOT, i'm warming up to it... it's nice to leisurely accelerate without making much of a scene but yet have that ability to make it howl when needed.
that's exactly what I'm looking for ^
thanks for the review

Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Any regret when compared to the R2C (and it's $500- price tag)?
Not really. To me the R2C looks good, that's about it, and it wasn't enough for me to justify the higher price tag (which falls in the range of real CAI's). I don't have experience on their claimed gains, but neither did i on the Injen. They all seem to claim roughly the same amount of HP gains so it didn't matter much to me where that's concerned.

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
that's exactly what I'm looking for ^
thanks for the review
You're welcome. I'm interested to hear of your experience with it, seeing as you'll be using it in an environment that's almost 40 degrees hotter!

----------

Just an added note, i think resetting the ECU from the get-go is the best way to do this. I didn't, thinking the ECU will eventually re-adjust, which it did, but it took its sweet time doing so.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Can you believe PayPal has STILL not completed my money transfer

Hopefully this thing is on order by Monday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Initial Review - Injen SRI