Invidia Q300 WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Maz,

I appreciate you showing me these links as I was previously unaware of them. While I do agree that this is highly unfortunate I never declined helping you and am continually apologetic about the inconvenience. My last email to you was essentially asking for any additional ideas on how this could be made right for you, however when I came back to check for your reply saw that you maybe had a different interpretation and elected to skip that. We value every single customer we have regardless of amount spent, and it is not our nature to simply leave people hanging with issues as long as something can be done about it. Please understand that in essence you were asking us to blindly contribute xxx.xx to transporting this abroad, but we have no way of verifying this unless you help us do so. We do not use freight forwarders and I am unaware of how they work without being involved. It is known that we are very accommodating, and make no mistake, making things right by our customers takes precedence, whats right is right. I spent some considerable time last night on my off time thinking of many ways to help you, but before anything you had already seemingly made up your mind.

If you had said "ok Chris how about I sell it locally (which you did say after the fact) and you work something out with me?" Idve not only sold you a replacement at cost but helped contribute toward it arriving to your destination had you simply sent me an invoice, or even just have your forwarder call me and give me the bill to pay on the spot, or I wouldve found a direct transportation solution (another course I was going to suggest before seeing your reply this morning). Had you said to me "Chris, Im sorry but the only thing working for me is you helping me cover something somewhere on this, heres a copy of my shipping invoice or do you have a shipper, let me know where we can make this right" Idve looked at that with factual information and worked something out for you in the end because that is what we always do. I wouldve even sent you a bunch of free stuff that you needed to help you as well. Instead of giving us the chance to follow through I think you may have taken what I said as final or complete unwillingness prematurely. I do not mind that, I am glad to publicly address this matter for anyone who has any doubts about us as I value feedback, good or bad about our company. It wont be said though that we did not try or did not want to help.

Going by our emails back and forth it seems we had miscommunicated a few times, for this I also do apologize and encourage you to let me know directly any areas where you need clarity hopefully now that you have seen my post. We have been around a long time now, and it is well known that we value our customers, do our best at all times for them, and while we have made mistakes, we fight 110% to make every single one right. While not every solution initially is to everyones liking, we do and always will try nonetheless. You wont find us hiding from a thread where a customer has a problem, you wont find us avoiding anyone, and you wont find us leaving loose ends ANYWHERE like this, we immensely value our reputation, always have and are firm believers that the measure of a vendor is not only how efficient they are at taking care of the customers but how efficiently they take care of issues when they may arise. By the same token, you have to understand that working toward an amicable solution ideally requires both sides to work together reasonably, this could have easily been seen but I feel that you may have misread me or I was not getting across properly (yes I type too much and mondays are crazy =)

Now, to clear questions regarding the products we sell so no one is confused, as I must respect another vendors advertising space. We do not purchase directly from Invidia, as a matter a fact many vendors do not and we purchase our exhaust systems via stocking warehouse distributors who are referred by them, Invidia is well aware of this and who CVRMS is. Im not sure who you spoke to, but feel free to contact me for the right people to talk to there and verify anything you like, we have nothing to hide whatsoever. As a matter a fact, it is also well known that if you are a vendor you can call Invidia for a referral to a stocking warehouse distributor in your area who can accommodate your specific needs or your customers needs for any specific markets you may be in. Stating that no warranty is available for purchasing your exhaust via CVRMS or any other reputable vendor who does not purchase directly is false and erroneous. Quite the opposite is true, and in the years we have been offering this product line to 5+ different markets, never once have we had a warranty that was declined for such a reason. As a matter a fact I had 2 Q300 catbacks for another car exchanged not even 30 days ago for warranty service, and screen shots of this can be shown to anyone who has doubts about our ability to stand behind the products we sell. Lastly, even if we do not purchase via the manufacturer, if we are unable to offer warranty or techincal assistance with those products, we will not sell it or work out terms for purchasing directly. Again, if you have doubts about what I am saying, pm me and Ill let you know who to speak to specifically at Invidia, and will gladly show you how fast we have had warranty exchanges done for our customers over the years.

Sorry for the very lengthy reply guys, I dont want to give anyone a headache reading so much text but again this is a measure of how seriously we take matters where a customer is in need. I have friends who are on these boards and have heard the stories over the years, I know many members have had it hard with some vendors here but rest assured we are not new and are here to work for all of you with longevity in mind. If you are willing to work with us and give us that chance the actions will ultimately speak for themselves. Maz, I encourage you to contact me if youd like to speak to me further about this, while I understand your frustration it should not lead you to further unnecessary inconvenience, especially when you have been so courteous in your communication and have received prompt responses.

Chris @ CVR

Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Hi Chris,

It's great seeing you responding here. If I have mis-lead anyone in this thread as to what happened please let me know. But reading our e-mails back and forth I clearly was stating that I feel that I should be reimbursed for a 1 way trip. I mentioned it several times, and of course I do not expect you to just pay me what ever amount I have at the top of my head, of course I'll give you the actual transportation invoice, I thought I already made that clear?

Since it seems that you're willing to help out then I will call CVR later on and try and speak to your directly, I called yesterday a few times to do this and Bryan told me "you're on the road" somewhere, so you cannot really blame me if something was misunderstood. That's why I kept on e-mailing you back for clarification, especially with my last e-mail in which the following was said:

--------------------------------

Ok I think I understand what you are saying, so basically, I should
pay for international delivery back to Florida $300+ and then once the
new exhaust arrives back in Florida I will pay another $300+ for
delivery? so all in all I would have paid over $1,000 in international
shipping
for a product that costs $830 because of a mistake by CVR and
not myself?

----------------------------

I cannot answer that question as having previously stated we really
were not aware nor involved in that part of the transaction, nor do we
know how much it costs or how that process works. I only have
information regarding Florida as the destination and origin as there
is where it was instructed to be sent upon receiving the order. Please
let me know if you have any additional questions as I await your
response to get this taken care of quickly

Chris @ CVR

I understand what you're saying, but you have to see it from my point
as well. You stated in your earlier e-mail that you only deliver to
the billing address, on my receipt my billing address is clearly in
Saudi Arabia and not Florida. My delivery address was Florida.

Now I am willing to pay the extra charge of delivery from Florida back
to Saudi Arabia (for the correct exhaust) which is another $300+ . But
I believe that it is unfair to penalize me for a mistake that CVR has
made and not myself, all I am asking is if CVR is willing to pay for a
one way trip back to CVR?
i.e. I will send the exhaust back to CVR
from Saudi Arabia but I get reimbursed for that specific delivery
All
in all I would still be paying again to have it delivered back to
Saudi Arabia from Florida.

So is it really fair to have me pay for delivery both ways? I do not
see this as being a viable or acceptable option as I have mentioned in
my earlier e-mail I will be paying over the cost of the goods itself
and what really justifies that extra cost for me? As this was a

mistake by CVR and not myself?

I really feel that I should at least get some help with delivering the
exhaust back to CVR as I am not willing to spend an extra $600+
dollars purely on deliver. Could you please let me know what your view
on this is?

Dear Chris,

If the last e-mail you sent was your final answer than could you
please direct me to anyone in higher management to take this issue up
with, I will have to speak to the manager of CVR as to the final
decision being made. I appreciate the feedback you have given me so
far.

I am actually the manager and wanted to correspond with you as soon as
I was aware. Sorry for the timed response as I actually got a bit
sidetracked with other responsibilities. Thats where I stated I
misread your previous email and thought you said that your billing
address was Florida, but upon checking your order saw that it was not.

I certainly do not want you to feel like you are being penalized, but
please understand that we were instructed to deliver the exhaust to
Florida, and were not aware nor involved with its transit abroad. It
is our full responsibility to exchange an incorrectly sent product
from its destination, be it Florida, Canada or any destination we send
it to but as it left the country we are not able to help in that
aspect as it is beyond our scope of understanding and direct
involvement.

Despite not being able to help in that aspect beyond the above, we do
feel badly and are always willing to work with our customers in any
and all ways allowable. If there is anything else at all we can do to
help
or offer you, please do not hesitate to let us know as there may
be something else we can do for you in light of this inconvenience.

Chris @ CVR

-------------------------

Reading the above I clarified exactly what I meant, but you never mentioned sending you an actual copy or even coming close to saying yes we're willing to help out in "international delivery" you only said in a summarized fashion, "you send the exhaust back via international shipping to Florida, from there CVR will exchange the exhaust and then I AGAIN PAY FOR DELIVERY BACK TO SAUDI ARABIA" I stated this many times over and you never gave me any indication that you were willing to help out in international shipping. If I have mis-understood this please correct me.

I will call CVR today and try and speak to your personally so we can get this issue resolved. As I stated earlier you have been good with you feedbacks but none of them gave me any indication that you were willing to help out with international delivery, if I am wrong please correct me right now for all to see.

Last edited by Defratos; 06-30-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned
The international delivery aspect actually occurred to me last night as I was doing some research internally, and it actually turns out to be a lot simpler than I thought for us to handle directly vs a forwarder. Again, yesterday was pretty crazy and I may have not been getting my points across properly (thats what I get for multitasking on a monday). After hours I spoke to my coworker about it and we did feel badly about it, and on my own time last night I was checking into any way we could think of to help you. My last email was asking for any ideas on your end as well. Given how courteous and prompt your communications have been, I was looking for an email from you responding to that and was simultaneously going to suggest the above, but regardless we have both stated our points and all that is left is an amicable resolution should you wish to contact me directly.

I will be the first to say that I am a bit difficult to get a hold of at times as I spend most of my 14 hour days on the phone with distributors, meeting with customers and lately training new staff etc, but I do get emails on my phone and try to check in on things as frequently as the day allows. I will be in touch with you throughout the day as needed. I believe it is evening time there? I will send you my direct line to reach me and what time would be best to ensure I dont miss your call if your still awake as I realize you likely enjoy your sleep

(edit* just saw your email after replying)

Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM
You're Despicable

Thanks Chris, I will be up late today probably until 2am. I believe you guys are 7 hours behind, but I will be free all day and will see what time I can catch you. Thanks once again for the reply.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It could of been simplier. Sorry it is our fault and we'll make it right for you as a valued costumer. We'll make sure you recieve the right part this time for no extra charge of shipping. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please contact us for shipping details.

.... ......

Simple isn't it?

I don't get it. It takes to read his email once and correct it in 5 minutes. Instead of playing days back and forth and give him a credit when it gets out in public and the reputation is on the edge. Why wait till that point?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
glad to see things are getting worked out.
good luck to both of you.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously good luck with this one bro.
All i hear is talk for now lol

This is a response i would expect from anyone about to get in trouble lol
But anyways, hope you dont pay another penny for this bro. This is sad already.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Well i hope this all gets worked out, i never personally dealt with CVR and have only heard negative comments just recently so i really can't bash them, but hopefully they can be reasonable and work something out with you!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
It seems like they are taking you a bit more serious now and are willing to do something in order to prevent ruining their reputation as a vendor.

GL w this bro.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
It's really unfortunate what happened to you Defratos, it seems like an honest mistake and they look like they're working with you now to get this resolved.

I ordered my exhaust and BERK HFCs from CVR and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast shipping, good prices and they were easy to get a hold of in my opinion.

The amount of slobbing in this thread is ridiculous.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Every company makes mistakes now and then but a good company will try to fix their mistake.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Un-freekin-believable.
So sorry to see this.

If it was packed wrong, it's not just Invidia at fault.
The vendor should open boxes & check the product before shipping.
most of the vendorsdrop ship.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm gonna give you my honest opinion bro. Yes they messed up, and they admit it. But if they were told to deliver it to Florida, I really don't feel like they're responsible for throwing down the extra hundreds because you had it shipped further. Now, to build a good rep for customer service standpoint, yes as you had asked they could've split the cost with you. I'm just saying, CVR makes a VERY valid point that they were only to ship to Florida and that's their only responsibility. Once it's delivered, it's none of their business what happens to it, that's the extent of their responsibility. That's all third party stuff, like if they shipped it to a friend who was going to ship it to you -that's not their responsibility.

Obviously, I feel for you. That's a huge expense and I absolutely see your side - I would be EXACTLY the same person you are in the situation. But I'm glad to see they're working on resolving it though for you, and maybe one day we'll even get to see the Invidia on your car!!

good luck with it

Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by tg1234
Simple isn't it?

I don't get it. It takes to read his email once and correct it in 5 minutes. Instead of playing days back and forth and give him a credit when it gets out in public and the reputation is on the edge. Why wait till that point?
Actually it wasn't days of going back and forth, all our e-mail conversations took place on Monday, and I do have to give credit to Chris for responding quickly to my e-mails.

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
glad to see things are getting worked out.
good luck to both of you.
Thanks I'll update you guys once everything is sorted

Originally Posted by ShanesG
Well i hope this all gets worked out, i never personally dealt with CVR and have only heard negative comments just recently so i really can't bash them, but hopefully they can be reasonable and work something out with you!
Well I never heard anything bad about CVR in the first place, this is the first time I deal with them and if it wasn't for sending out the wrong product then everything wold have been good.

Originally Posted by denishot
It's really unfortunate what happened to you Defratos, it seems like an honest mistake and they look like they're working with you now to get this resolved.

I ordered my exhaust and BERK HFCs from CVR and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast shipping, good prices and they were easy to get a hold of in my opinion.

The amount of slobbing in this thread is ridiculous.
Yes it does seem like an honest mistake. I'll give CVR credit because when I first called them and told them about my situation they apologized and said that a FedEx delivery truck should be at my FL location within 24hrs which to me is great customer service. BUT I had to explain that it was no longer in FL and I have no way of checking if the correct product arrived until it arrives here. From that point on Chris got involved and was very good in his responses.

Originally Posted by Gdrift
Every company makes mistakes now and then but a good company will try to fix their mistake.
^ Agreed.

Originally Posted by popcornten
I'm gonna give you my honest opinion bro. Yes they messed up, and they admit it. But if they were told to deliver it to Florida, I really don't feel like they're responsible for throwing down the extra hundreds because you had it shipped further. Now, to build a good rep for customer service standpoint, yes as you had asked they could've split the cost with you. I'm just saying, CVR makes a VERY valid point that they were only to ship to Florida and that's their only responsibility. Once it's delivered, it's none of their business what happens to it, that's the extent of their responsibility. That's all third party stuff, like if they shipped it to a friend who was going to ship it to you -that's not their responsibility.

Obviously, I feel for you. That's a huge expense and I absolutely see your side - I would be EXACTLY the same person you are in the situation. But I'm glad to see they're working on resolving it though for you, and maybe one day we'll even get to see the Invidia on your car!!

good luck with it
I see your point dude, which is why I am willing to pay for it to be sent back and that's it everything else CVR will pay which is what I consider good customer service considering the fact that it was shipped abroad.

I might have jumped to conclusion sooner than Chris was expecting because we both misunderstood each other several times. He's also pretty busy so it made it slightly harder trying to get in contact with him by phone (on Monday). To be honest Chris seems like a decent guy and so does CVR but having never dealt with them before and then hearing people saying things made me come to a conclusion that they were not willing to help out which probably wasn't the case.

Anyway in the end hopefully everything will be sorted out soon. I'm sending the package back tomorrow (couldn't get it done today because of work) but they have the correct one on hold for me so hopefully everything will be as it should be. I'll let you guys know once everything is over and done with (hopefully with pics too)

Last edited by Defratos; 07-01-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice man, i hope you get your exhaust soon, the correct one that is .
Anyways if it was me (which wasn't) i'd sell it to the 1st G37 driver i see on the street and get a new one.
Anyways, i'll jump off topic, but does our GCC spec Infiniti comes with OEM transmission oil cooler or not? because it's the next best thing tbh, i remember installing flew-a-lite on a 5AT 350z and the gear response and performance got much better, specially when you pushing it hard.
Even if it does, i might add another bigger one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!?