Takeda (AFE) Short Ram Intake – First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Found a cool link of the g37 they dyno'ed. Cool video check it out Takeda Link

Old 07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After watching Jack's vids, I had to buy it. I ordered it directly from AFE. Now I just have to wait. Waiting is not my forte, I'm so impatient.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by ced357
After watching Jack's vids, I had to buy it. I ordered it directly from AFE. Now I just have to wait. Waiting is not my forte, I'm so impatient.
Congrats. Did the 20% thing work?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
Found a cool link of the g37 they dyno'ed. Cool video check it out Takeda Link
Hey jack.. during mild and moderate acceleration, is it just like stock?

Then it comes alive on WOT or past 4k rpm?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Wes_888
Congrats. Did the 20% thing work?
No, I entered "theory" into the promotion code box and it told me the coupon has expired. Not deterred, I called AFE directly and asked them about it. They told me they had no knowledge of the code or any future codes. And frankly they do not offer coupons. It would have been nice to save some $ but, the wife just spent $800 on a pair of shoes and that pretty much gives me free range with my toy expenses. I'll let you know what I think after the install.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
No, I entered "theory" into the promotion code box and it told me the coupon has expired. Not deterred, I called AFE directly and asked them about it. They told me they had no knowledge of the code or any future codes. And frankly they do not offer coupons. It would have been nice to save some $ but, the wife just spent $800 on a pair of shoes and that pretty much gives me free range with my toy expenses. I'll let you know what I think after the install.
what.... thats very odd. how can they say that.. and not actuallly have it as a coupon.. :icon11

when do you expect your intakes?

Ya.. tell me about it. My gf is like that. With the Christian Loboutins and Balenciaga shoes... jeepers.....

Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Wes, your gf and my wife would get along really well. We live 5 block from Christian Loboutin and she is on a first name basis with them. Its a sickness. I could never bring myself to calculate what she has spent on shoes in the past year. As for the intakes, they have not shipped yet. They claim it will ship tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Wes, your gf and my wife would get along really well. We live 5 block from Christian Loboutin and she is on a first name basis with them. Its a sickness. I could never bring myself to calculate what she has spent on shoes in the past year. As for the intakes, they have not shipped yet. They claim it will ship tomorrow.
haha im sure they would. lol

Yes.. dont even bother calculating that cost. Or you'll have to admit yourself to the mental hospital for a bit to cope. haha

maybe jack has insight on the 20% coupon.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, sorry didn't get any alerts that I had responses to the thread. Anyway THEORY is the code. I just checked their website and it correctly applies the 20% off. It is CASE SENSITIVE, so make sure it's all caps. Wonder if you could get them to add that, and explain that you tried it and it didn't work because of the CAPS. If you need some help or what not I'll email the manager over there for you.

As far as the question from Wes, the intakes come alive if you go over 3500ish WOT. They are not extremely quiet down low (has a nice sound) but they aren't annoying like some intakes. It's very pleasant and I've had my 87 year old grandfather in the car and said wow you car sounds great! (He commented it sounded like a great sports car). I'll try and get a DS mode tomorrow (or manual mode) video to let you hear the whole range.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for clarifying the code Jack.

Sounds good Jack. literally. haha Got that nice sporty sound eh. hehe These should go well with my exhaust. Yes... we can never have enough videos for new products!

EDIT: Oh yeah, did you guys remove the silencer? Or not required?

EDIT2: Jack you need to change your signature! It doesnt say Takeda but K&N!

Last edited by Wes_888; 07-23-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
Thanks for clarifying the code Jack.

Sounds good Jack. literally. haha Got that nice sporty sound eh. hehe These should go well with my exhaust. Yes... we can never have enough videos for new products!

EDIT: Oh yeah, did you guys remove the silencer? Or not required?

EDIT2: Jack you need to change your signature! It doesnt say Takeda but K&N!
I know I tried changing it and the control panel screamed at me saying I have to many lines etc.. (I tried just saving what I had there originally and it gave me the same message). Believe me I tried

I didn't remove the silencer since my wife was getting cranky, because I was spending more time with my car than her so I left them to make the install quicker.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM
It always makes me laugh when we get in trouble with our better half over our cars..haha I've had my fair share spending too much time on this forum. lol

I wonder whats the sound difference between having and not having the silencer. Does Takeda recommend removing it?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Having the silencer in there does nothing (it's not hooked to anything) I don't really remember what the instructions said about it. Since I was taking a K&N out I didn't bother reading the "stock" removal process.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Ced did you get your intakes yet?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
Ced did you get your intakes yet?
Good timing Jack, just received them yesterday. AFE had some computer issues and my invoice and shipping info never went out. I called them just about everyday for a week until it all got figured out. Let me just say, I have never interacted with a nicer and more helpful group of people. They always treated me like I was their number one customer. Great experience.

Like I said they arrived yesterday and were packed very well, and came with all the goodies you mentioned. Wow, in person these intakes look like beasts. I'm going to try and break away from work early today so I can install them with some daylight left. I should say attempt to install them. I might request your aid if I run into trouble, as I've never worked on a car before. My wife grew up in the suburbs and knows a little bit about cars. Hopefully it won't be too emasculating if she helps out

I will keep you posted on my progress.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Takeda (AFE) Short Ram Intake – First Impressions