help needed now!! PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help needed now!! PLEASE

Infiniti is giving me all kinds of bs about how the slave cylinder isn't the problem that there isn't a voluntary campaign to replace it that it doesn't show up in their system and how the reason the pedal isn't comin baq up is bcause the clutch is gone and there's none left so it woont come baq up....can someone send me a link or give me a number or some info that will help me or give me an official link to this issue that they wuld have to believe

Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
If the clutch is the only thing that is gone then it has NOTHING to do with the clutch pedal being stick to the floor, it has to do with either Hydraulic pressure loss due to master/slave cylinder or you have somehow managed to break/damage the pressure plates spring fingers that force the clutch back up which is HIGHLY unlikely...

Did you ever check the fluid level in the master cylinder like ppl said in your other posts?

You need to take someone older with you so they take you seriously, when they see a young person trying to make a point they just look the other way, take your da or uncle who can argue confidently...

I will try to find the link, meanwhile if someone has a copy of the voluntary recall letter plz scan and post it up for him and future queries and i will try to do the same.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Found it:

Drive Train: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
Service Bulletin Number: ITB08-001
NHTSA Number: 10024142

Model Years Affected: 2007
Date of Bulletin: 03/2008

Bulletin Summary: VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN--2007 G35 6-MT CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER. VIN: JNKBV61E*7M00138 TO 727518. CSC WAS RECEIVED.

Give them the two numbers that are in bold and tell them confidently that you are well aware of the TSB and if they still try to play you, call corporate with same info, dont back down if you know that your car has a bad slave cylinder as per the TSB.

EDIT: Even better just PRINT this and take it with you and then they cant deny that the service bulletin exists officially form infiniti.
Also i know its listed under 07 coupe but its actually for the sedan once you log in and open the full file.

I just cant stand it when dealerships try to take advantage of younger drivers inexperience...

Last edited by kool_yaar; 09-15-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^WHS +1
They are morons if they're telling you pedal on the floor is from a burned out clutch.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
dont double post man...

Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i brought in the paper... and they said its not official and he just kept typing in my vin number and said if there was nething it would come up right away...i did check the fluid, its rite nex to the brake fluid rite? Its all gone.. they are going to replace the cylinder no charge but basically my clutch is damaged badly because when the car did break down on me i smelt clutch like nobodies business and i was far from my house so i was trying to get as close as i can b4 i fully broke down and it was pretty much riding the clutch the entire time so i neeed a new one regardless...they cut me a break(if u wanna call it that) and only charged me 200 to install the clutch which i paid 828 for...

the thing that still upsets me is i think all of my issues wouldve been avoided if they would have listened to me and replaced the cylinder back when i asked them about it does anyone have the number for infiniti coorperate that i can call?

p.s. thank all you guys on this site for the help g35driver rocks!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by firozu
well i brought in the paper... and they said its not official and he just kept typing in my vin number and said if there was nething it would come up right away...i did check the fluid, its rite nex to the brake fluid rite? Its all gone.. they are going to replace the cylinder no charge but basically my clutch is damaged badly because when the car did break down on me i smelt clutch like nobodies business and i was far from my house so i was trying to get as close as i can b4 i fully broke down and it was pretty much riding the clutch the entire time so i neeed a new one regardless...they cut me a break(if u wanna call it that) and only charged me 200 to install the clutch which i paid 828 for...

the thing that still upsets me is i think all of my issues wouldve been avoided if they would have listened to me and replaced the cylinder back when i asked them about it does anyone have the number for infiniti coorperate that i can call?

p.s. thank all you guys on this site for the help g35driver rocks!
I would still go after them if you have any documentation that states you told them about the cylinder, but don't do so while they have your car apart, never a good idea. Go above their head and just keep going until you run into someone that will listen.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
It will be hard for you to prove to the corporate that you "told them" to check the slave cylinder a while back. They probably did not enter any official claim under your vin and just checked whether a TSB existed or not generically. And remember that a clutch is considered to be a wear'n'tear item so claiming it under warranty is always a hard thing to do though not impossible.

However, i think you are getting and ok deal considering you are upgrading your clutch out of oem specs they would have not covered that anyways. Now them replacing the slave cylinder is good because otherwise if they just changed your clutch and refileed the cylinder you would have had the same problem.

So now logically the only thing that they are doing wrong is charging you $200 for the install and if i were you thats what i would be trying to fight. On the other hand you are getting $2000 OEM clutch change for ~$1000 with an aftermarket stronger clutch that will probably last you MUCH longer with good driving.

So make your decision after considering everything.... G/L

Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
It will be hard for you to prove to the corporate that you "told them" to check the slave cylinder a while back. They probably did not enter any official claim under your vin and just checked whether a TSB existed or not generically. And remember that a clutch is considered to be a wear'n'tear item so claiming it under warranty is always a hard thing to do though not impossible.
Depends on the dealer. In my case my car has been in a couple of times for starting issues. On the work orders are my comments. I have a print up of the history of my comments when I dropped or had the car towed in.

If this is the case with the clutch he may well have a shot at getting a credit towards the repairs although 200 bucks is a pretty good credit for a non-oem clutch install.