Finally installed the Q300!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post a video man, I wanna hear how mean it sounds!! (the two on youtube are very short and sound a little poopy )

Old 10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
lol I hope I can get around to taking a vid, it'll be hard for me to do a drive by video because I don't really have anyone who'd be willing to stand there and record it , but I can post up a clip when I switch it on in the morning but it's still really raspy, I've only put like 300km on it, so I want to drive it more for the sound to settle. Anyway here are some pics of the exhaust to keep you entertained for now, I've included a before and after pic of the drop with the JICs, I know the pic isn't clear but the bottom one is after the drop and I have it at the highest setting because the roads here are too crappy to take a risk with:

Top pic is @ stock height, bottom is with JICs at highest setting

Last edited by Defratos; 10-09-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats man...i want to hear these thing now

rear wheels after the coilover looks odd like something wrong with the toe or its just the picture...any camber kits installed?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Clean Sedan!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yours looks rreally awsome!!! IMO the rasps of mine are all gone only really lasted about 3 days and have broken in really nicely! Im excited if you guys want to hear some I could possiable get a clip for you this weekand, incabin outside etc. let me know.

Also my mechanic kicks *** I have to give him props 30min install and for about a fraction of what it would have costed me elsewhere.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
What did you do for coating the heat wrap so it does not trap water in and destroy the pipe? The guy who did my exhaust said that you should never run heat wrap, he has seen water damage eat through every type of material they are building exhausts and manifolds out of (stainless, mild, etc).

If you have something that would protect it (and works) please let me know. I would love to wrap my exhaust.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
You're Despicable

Guys I'm currently still in Abu Dhabi, coming back on Saturday so I'll answer all you questions then because I'm browsing on my iPhone so it's annoying trying to type, thanks for the comments though.

I'll reply about the heat wrap on Saturday hopefully

Old 10-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Cool thanks. Been to Abu Dhabi once for work, awesome city. Are you there for work or pleasure?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I want to know where you got that rear diffuser from and how much???!!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff dude, cant wait to hear it when it breaks in. It'll take a few hundred to a thousand miles till its nicely broken in. Till all the white smoke has gone.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by docaam
congrats man...i want to hear these thing now

rear wheels after the coilover looks odd like something wrong with the toe or its just the picture...any camber kits installed?
Ok just got back from UAE and it's 4:40am over here and I haven't slept for 2 days so bare with me if my typing is a bit off. Well I think it's really the picture because I was using a 10-22 lens which makes the whole picture look like a bubble. BUT the coilovers have changed the way my rear tires sit but you can't really tell from the pic. I think I'll be getting a camber kit soon.

Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
Yours looks rreally awsome!!! IMO the rasps of mine are all gone only really lasted about 3 days and have broken in really nicely! Im excited if you guys want to hear some I could possiable get a clip for you this weekand, incabin outside etc. let me know.

Also my mechanic kicks *** I have to give him props 30min install and for about a fraction of what it would have costed me elsewhere.
3 days to break the exhausts in!! lol I've had mine on for like a week and a half with 500kilos on it and it still hasn't fully broken in. the rasp is really bad in the morning when it's cold but after that it doesn't rasp no where near as much but still rasp exists. Also I think so far I'm the only one on here who has these exhausts + HFCs I could be wrong but it'll probably change the exhaust note from yours I'm guessing.

Originally Posted by ttrank
What did you do for coating the heat wrap so it does not trap water in and destroy the pipe? The guy who did my exhaust said that you should never run heat wrap, he has seen water damage eat through every type of material they are building exhausts and manifolds out of (stainless, mild, etc).

If you have something that would protect it (and works) please let me know. I would love to wrap my exhaust.
Don't scare me dude lol, I did the heat wrap from people's advice on here so I pretty much took their word for it, although they didn't mention anything about the water eating into the pipes. But anyway, I used Thermo-Tech Hi heat coating spray (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...pcode=NIM12003) I hope it's enough to stop any water from getting in. The good thing is I think it rains like one or two days A YEAR!!!! over here lol and I'm not kidding, but when it rains it floods the whole city. So I can avoid most water but then sometimes we have sewerage spilling out which I have to avoid . I hope the spray does it's job, I'll let you know if I notice anything.

Originally Posted by ttrank
Cool thanks. Been to Abu Dhabi once for work, awesome city. Are you there for work or pleasure?
Hmmm sorta business with a bit of pleasure lol, I have some family living there so it was a bit of both, and yeah it's a nice place but it's really changed I mean I was there in April this year and seeing it now it's completely changed, there's sooo much construction, reminds me of Dubai (but I prefer Abu Dhabi anyway lol)

Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
I want to know where you got that rear diffuser from and how much???!!
it's from a guy on here who sells them on here, his name is blue_bat if I remember correctly, here's his site: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...an%20Overlays/ . You need to e-mail him with what you want and what finishings you'd like, I also got my rear light overlays from him as well. I think i should be getting some sort of commission from Blue_bat for the amount of business I've sent his way lol

Originally Posted by G35Robby
Good stuff dude, cant wait to hear it when it breaks in. It'll take a few hundred to a thousand miles till its nicely broken in. Till all the white smoke has gone.
Yeah defiantly need to clock more miles on it, and then I'll post a clip for you guys....promise (not sure about drive bys lol )

Right it's 4:59am everyone G'night I need to sleep, I'm traveling again at 5pm to another city (within Saudi) only one and a half hours away so it won't be too bad