BB grounding kit post install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:26 AM
|
BB grounding kit post install

Hey Guys,

So i just installed the BB grounding kit last night.
Let me just say ...the results were awesome!

everything that is electronic in my 07' X works much better now. Before it used to seem like it's losing power especially the windows (when all are coming up or down at same time). now when i pull up or open all the windows simultaneously, they all go at roughly the same speed without any indications of power loss.

Manumatic shifting as well as automatic shifting has also definitely improved!
I mean, everytime i shift in manual mode, it shifts instantly. No lag or delay like before (w/o the kit). It's like playing Grand turismo like someone else had stated lol.

Radio/speakers/sub are also more crisp sounding as well as a little louder than before.

Anyways, I've reset the power windows and so far and that has worked. BUT... now my memory seat doesn't want to work as it previously did.
Everytime I open the door (to get out of my car), the steering wheel and seat used to pull back to let me out of the car.... now it just stays at my personal "driving mode" setting.

Anyone know how to get that back? I would like to get out of my car with ease..

Is it a "luxury setting" in the computer somewhere?

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:50 AM
Nice review, to get back the "luxury" steering/seat auto-move feature just go into the settings on your center screen and then to comfort and convenience and then click on the whatever that feature will be listed as, you will know when you see it.

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:59 AM
|
oh sweet... sounds simple enough. Thanks Bro!

Old 05-14-2010 | 12:23 PM
Yeah Kool yaar is right it is at comf and conv setting. You can set just the steering wheel or the seats. Both individually.

Old 05-14-2010 | 01:31 PM
|
thanks for the help guys. I love this community! I just did everything just now. Worked perfectly.

Old 05-14-2010 | 01:33 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
I also have the bb kit 2.0

works like a charm.. I still get a little manual shift lag, but not in all gears.

Old 05-14-2010 | 03:16 PM
I can confirm the OPs experience. "D" shifts buttery smooth, and manumatic shifts instantly (though very harshly), there's still a very slight delay going form 2-3, but that's a nissan thing - all other down/upshifts are instant.

Old 07-19-2010 | 02:53 PM
I put in a grounding kit on Sunday and I noticed an improved difference in the shfting as well. the radio plays louder and sounds better. i did a lot of research prior to installing the kit and i'd say it was well worth it.

Old 07-19-2010 | 03:03 PM
i also put mine in on thursday. i went with the 4AWG. so far i am happy with it. i reset the ECU (for separate reasons) and i can feel a difference. the car even sounds better now.

Old 07-19-2010 | 03:34 PM
I went with the 4AWG as well...just made sense after reading all the different posts. install was fairly easy. can't wait to drive it home tonght.

Old 07-21-2010 | 12:20 PM
I'm glad that i'm not the only one thay can feel a difference
Nissan has historically used ridicously crappy grounds. My '97 max had a starting issue until i installed/cleaned the grounds.

Old 07-21-2010 | 01:50 PM
Getting close to getting off the fence re. ordering this kit from BB...

Old 07-21-2010 | 03:30 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
^^^^
do it for the piece of mind.

Old 07-21-2010 | 07:39 PM
I am thinking about adding the kit too. I have to laugh about Nissan grounding...I had a 1984 300ZX (yea...old skool) and it had a full digital dash. Sometimes the dash would flicker and the spedometer would go black. It did this while I was flying along on the highway one time and I tapped the dash to see if the speed-o would come back...instead the engine died and I coasted of the highway. I got the car restarted, but of course this was all just a bad main ground to the dash/ignition. Nice work Nissan. It is good insurace to install the better grounding. With the level of electronics in the G, you could toast an ECU or some other vital equipment with bad grounding.
Amazing that you can actually tell the differnce even in a car that is not showing any real "problems" with the gorunds yet.

Old 07-22-2010 | 10:11 AM
geat story KMCG35X

I want to try & figure out where the battery ground meets the engine block to check that out.

P.S. It may not show any real problems, but when there's room for improvement, then one would be able to tell once the improvement is made.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BB grounding kit post install