Stillen vs FI vs Tanabe vs GReddy?? HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen vs FI vs Tanabe vs GReddy?? HELP

Hello All,

I am having a very hard time making a decision on an exhaust for my 2010 G37S sedan. I have a family, and I am not looking for anything too loud or overbearing. I have listened over and over to clips of all 4 exhausts on YouTube, but videos never seem to be really accurate with all of the variables. I have heard great things about Fast Intentions with HFC, but my concern is that it might be too loud. I guess my ultimate goal is to find an exhaust which sounds most similar to a G37 coupe stock exhaust. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated in helping me make my decision. Thanks much

Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
If you are not looking for anything too loud, pass right by the Stillen... it's a deeper, rawer sound.

If money is no object and you want top notch quality, skip all the BS systems and get the FI. There is no comparison.
If the sound of the HFCs concerns you, Tony has a Ceramic HFC that gives more flow than stock but offers a softer tone than the metallic HFC.

I find the FI system to be perfect for me, and the clips online do it no justice at all.
3500 RPMs is pure sex with the FI system installed.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
I personally like the Invidia Q300 exhaust + GTM test pipes.

Back on subject...If money is no problem then FI for sure.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is the FI (without HFC) louder than the g37 coupe stock exahust ?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm liking the sound of the FI with the ceramic HFC. That might be the winner.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
FI with any type of HFC is going to be pretty loud. Try the FI system first, let it break in and if you want it louder go back and get the HFCs. I have just the FI and i loove it. HFC might be a little loud for me.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
which one is the closest to the purring sound of the factory coupe exhaust

Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Austin713
FI with any type of HFC is going to be pretty loud. Try the FI system first, let it break in and if you want it louder go back and get the HFCs. I have just the FI and i loove it. HFC might be a little loud for me.
This was Tony's suggestion to me as well. To date, I still haven't ordered the HFCs.
I love my system the way it is.

With that being said, as soon as one of my OEM cat's foul... I'm on those HFCs like white on rice.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by sfgiant
Hello All,

I am having a very hard time making a decision on an exhaust for my 2010 G37S sedan. I have a family, and I am not looking for anything too loud or overbearing. I have listened over and over to clips of all 4 exhausts on YouTube, but videos never seem to be really accurate with all of the variables. I have heard great things about Fast Intentions with HFC, but my concern is that it might be too loud. I guess my ultimate goal is to find an exhaust which sounds most similar to a G37 coupe stock exhaust. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated in helping me make my decision. Thanks much
my advice is go for stillen... i have it... i love it just deep tone not loud mine is with HFC ... it will become a little bit louder only until it's break in after that ... pure sexy tone " like the coupe" which you're looking for... stillen is the best choice for the sedan

Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Stillen quality doesn't hold a birthday candle to FI.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
JSG
Originally Posted by Austin713
I agree, unless you want it loud just stick with the FI catback. You can always add the HFC later.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Does that FI exhaust sound like this? Or is it supposed to be louder?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 PM
That clip sounds a bit ricey to me. This clip of the GReddy sounds pretty good to me
What am I missing here? I have not heard too much about this system, yet to me, this sounds the closest to a stock coupe. I believe what everyone is saying about the quality of the FI, and I have heard one clip of the system w/o the HFC's, but I really want to get this right the first time. Some more feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Here's the clip I mentioned.
To me, the initial take off, and even the drive-bye doesn't really do it for me. I prefer the sound of the system with the HFC's, but again, it's really hard to tell how far it carries from a couple of clips. Sorry everyone, I'm still lost...

Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
^^Trust me you really can't judge the sound by these videos. You really have to hear them in person to appreciate any of the systems listed. videos, like others have said, do them noooo justice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen vs FI vs Tanabe vs GReddy?? HELP