ARK GRIP exhaust! anyone? owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Exclamation ARK GRIP exhaust...

Okay, most of us know that ARK released their 1st bash of new GRIP exhausts (set of 15 I think) and they are now all sold, or that's what ARK is claiming at least.
It's been a while now and I'd figure someone who bought one of those here would at least post and do a quick review or perhaps at least post some pics.
But for some reason I haven't come across of anyone talking about their new GRIP exhaust which they bought and installed. Weird. why? lol Where did all those owners go?

I guess perhaps they are all sooo enjoying it that haven't had a time to post and show it off lol ... I mean IT IS one of the best exhausts for our G sedans out there.

So anyone out there with one of those babies on their car apart from J2S2M???

Last edited by Shurik355; 09-17-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
yea i heard these exhaust they sound sick and low tone.but they r to pricy if they just had a catback i would by them

Old 10-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just installed the ARK GRIP exhaust on my car today along with the GTM Test Pipes. This set up is WAY TO LOUD. I can't even hear myself think inside the cabin. I never thought it would be so loud. On the up side... there is definately a noticable gain in power. I feel a lot more pull in the upper RPMs. Right now i'm not liking this set up at all. You can hear my car a mile away. I'm hoping that the exhaust gets quiter as it breaks in. I guess i shouldn't have done this exhaust with the GTM Tps huh? Will it get quieter as it breaks in?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow is it loud i guess those test pipes prob what mad it even loude rnow.In the videos it sounds pretty low live a stock exhaust of a g sedan.See if u can get some sound clips up.i would appreciate it and the community

Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Edit: Nevermind..wrong subsection hah

Last edited by sTeadFasT96; 10-18-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kube929
I just installed the ARK GRIP exhaust on my car today along with the GTM Test Pipes. This set up is WAY TO LOUD. I can't even hear myself think inside the cabin. I never thought it would be so loud. On the up side... there is definately a noticable gain in power. I feel a lot more pull in the upper RPMs. Right now i'm not liking this set up at all. You can hear my car a mile away. I'm hoping that the exhaust gets quiter as it breaks in. I guess i shouldn't have done this exhaust with the GTM Tps huh? Will it get quieter as it breaks in?
yeah I didn't expect for the GRIP to be so loud at all. I could be the test pipes, but I can't believe the test pipes will make that huge of a differene in the loudness.
Posting a clip would be great, I would also love to see it. Also can you post up some pics in here???

Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I've heard an FI system with test pipes and it was much louder than my setup.
Test Pipes will definitely alter the sound of the car.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I couldn't take it anymore..... As soon as I got home from work today i put the car up on my buddies lift and took off the GTM RTPs. Now I just have the ARK GRIP and let me tell you.. what a difference. The exhaust sounds soo good. The sound is perfect. Can't even tell it's on when cruising at highway speeds but when you downshift and really get on it you hear the nice crisp sound that i wanted. Sounds almost like the coupe. Very pleased with the exhaust quality and sound. The only negative that I can comment on so far is the burnt tips. I think it's pretty dumb to think that we would want blue painted tips on our cars. i'm not trying to drive a honda civic here. Now that my test pipes are off i'm going to post them up in the classified sectoin. I only put 40 miles on them before i took them off. PM me if you want to make an offer before i post them up. I think i'll use the money towards a rear diffuser to help hide the burtn tips.As for now though, I don't have any clips cause i just finished taking the car off the lift and it's midnight. I'll post clips soon.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Get some metal polish and the burnt blue will come off with a little elbow grease

Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
For a faster result, you can sand the burnt portion off with some real fine sand papers followed by 4000+ grit steel wool... and then polish it with either Chemical Guy's metal polish or Mother's metal polish.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kube929
I couldn't take it anymore..... As soon as I got home from work today i put the car up on my buddies lift and took off the GTM RTPs. Now I just have the ARK GRIP and let me tell you.. what a difference. The exhaust sounds soo good. The sound is perfect. Can't even tell it's on when cruising at highway speeds but when you downshift and really get on it you hear the nice crisp sound that i wanted. Sounds almost like the coupe. Very pleased with the exhaust quality and sound. The only negative that I can comment on so far is the burnt tips. I think it's pretty dumb to think that we would want blue painted tips on our cars. i'm not trying to drive a honda civic here. Now that my test pipes are off i'm going to post them up in the classified sectoin. I only put 40 miles on them before i took them off. PM me if you want to make an offer before i post them up. I think i'll use the money towards a rear diffuser to help hide the burtn tips.As for now though, I don't have any clips cause i just finished taking the car off the lift and it's midnight. I'll post clips soon.
Cool news!!! Taking those cats off made a huge differece huh? You mentioned that the car sounds more like coupe now? Well I expected more agressive tone from that exhaust then like a G coupe sound.

Also I can't believe you don't like the burn tip look of the pipes. I love the look of the titanium burned tips. And why do you think those are like on the civics lol? I've never actually seen one on a Honda before, that's cause Honda guys can't afford titanium lol That's stuff aren't cheap.
I know that's not real titanium on those GRIP tips but still, looks pretty hot!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Kube, both the test pipes and catback will need a breakin period and they will definitely quite down. drone will especially start to disappear after a few weeks (or maybe your ears get used to that note lol).

Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Too late for that Q8Y. I already took off the test pipes. It was so loud, it was obnoxious. I couldn't be pulling into work like that for another few weeks. I've heard other cars on here with the GTM RTPS and Invidia cat backs and it didn't sound nearly as louad as mine did. Not sure why mine was so unbareable. And yes, it was put on correctly - i had it up on a lift and tightened the **** outta each bolt. On a positive note, the sound of just the ARK exhaust is awesome.... I just want to drive my car all day. I'm gonna look into polishing off the burnt tip. I think the burnt tip looks ricey on this car. I took a video from behind my car at idle and a few revs just before I pulled the car into the garage to take off the TPs. The video is at night but i assume the sound is what people are interested in. I'll post that video soon

Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 PM
yup post up the video, would love to see it.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Here's the video of my car with the GTM RTPs and ARK G.R.I.P cat back exhaust. I only have a few revs to about 3500 rpm ... but you can just imagine how loud it would be at 5k+ rpms.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ARK GRIP exhaust! anyone? owners?