issues with low rpm on take off 2007 g35 journe sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
In general, yes; anytime you disconnect the battery, you will reset the ecu. The only caveat being that there is some latency to the charge retention within the car's electrical system (and hence the ecu), so theoretically if you only disconnected it for a very brief period of time, you might be able to avoid a reset, but with anything more, you're going to get a reset. This is why, when trying to ensure a complete system reset, you may come across instructions to pump the brakes (to activate the lights and use up residual charge) and/or leave the battery cable disconnected for a longer period of time.

The time to relearn is variable, depending on numerous factors( #starts, #miles, #shifts,etc.), so I can't say. There is probably some algorithm for how many cycles of all the parameters it needs to see before it makes an incremental adjustment.
Right well thanks for the info and reassurance VQSmile.

I hate thinking I messed something up somehow (albeit just changing a light bulb) but its good to know this is a feature and not something broken.

Ill post back once it returns to normal and give an idea of how many miles it has been before the throttle hesitation was gone.

Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this same problem on 2007 g35x changed plugs did a throttle body cleaning and fuel injection cleaning at the dealer and the car was as good as new

Originally Posted by UGO1ST
DUDE!!! I got the exact same problem. Looks like the common denominator here is I changed out my battery as well. That is all I did and now I have this irritating hesitation right at 1000 rpm. Coming out from a stop (I have a 6 speed) in first gear, I need to have the rpm's just slowly go past 1000 rpm before I feed in the gas or the car will buck really hard! This is impossible to do if I am sitting on and uphill at a stop!!! Need help fast. This is driving me insane!

Old 08-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same issue as a lot of u guys. 2007 g35 sedan disconnected my battery for 30 mins and afterwards when I went to drive it, it was good at first but 10 mins later I accelerated slowly and the car hesitated. It keeps doing that once its warmed up upon slow or gradual acveleration at about 1000rpm and has even stalled on me a few times. IKinda scary driving like that. If i accelerate quickly no issue. Would it be safe to say this is a throttle body issue?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
***UPDATE***

So i went to the dealership and they reset the ecu back to factory. (2 codes had come up; B2109 and B210A. )

Dealer said ecu reset should do the trick. I drove off on my way home with cautious optimism. I knew the real test would come when i got off the highway. So after 15 mins on the highway i get back into city traffic. I accelerate slowly, and hesitation is back. One thing i did notice is that its not stalling on me anymore but with that hesitation at 1k RPM im still with that fear in mind. I drive back to the dealership and had them sit in it as i showed em the hesitation. They acknowledged it shouldnt be doing that. After further testing, they told me its the Valve Body. Part costs $1601 plus about $500 in labor. My car is out of warranty(2007 G35 sedan, 87k miles). Is this something worth fixing? The guy told me i should be ok for a while. what would you do? Thanks

Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by UGO1ST
UPDATE: I hate to say this but during my drive to work this morning the hesitation came back!!!! Looks like I will be hitting up the stealership and see if they can do the TSB that blueslate posted up.
UGO,

did your problem with the hesitation get fixed?

Old 08-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 G35 Journey 74, 000 miles with the same problem. Any luck with the valve body?

Old 08-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jetfire
2007 G35 Journey 74, 000 miles with the same problem. Any luck with the valve body?

Jetfire,

I took it to a mechanic i trust. turns out i need to have engine rebuilt. he told me he can do it and would run me about $3k but he recommended to get rid of it while i can which is exactly what i am going to do. i had gotten this G from a dealership at a really good price and i think i can see why now. im looking into trading it in for a 2011 accord with 15k miles and warranty up to 100k. i know its no G but its what my budget limits me too. next time i get an infiniti its definitely going to be CPO.

Jetfire, is your car also consuming a lot of oil? Mine is, like crazy. =/

Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Mike that makes me scared. What would the engine rebuild consist of ie. Pistons, rods, bearings?
Thankfully my car doesn't consume excessive oil.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Mike that makes me scared. What would the engine rebuild consist of ie. Pistons, rods, bearings?
the mechanic mentioned pistons and bearings among other things. i just feel so disheartened to be honest because i love the G, but id rather get rid of it than spend 3-4k in repairs and then have other things possibly go wrong. i'll just ride it out with the accord and see if maybe 2 or 3 years down the line i can get a Q50.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Don't worry Jetfire, Mike just had bad luck, that's all. Most people with this problem just needed to clean throttle bodies and reset the ECU to fix the problem.

My 2007 G35x, bought used at 21k miles, has now 79k miles, and has no engine issues and maintained properly. Mike bought his car used, and it was probably the previous owner overheating the engine and not doing any proper maintenance. When the engine is overheated, all the gaskets and pistons start to warp, and oil consumption/leakage is very common and white smoke from the exhaust.

I do transmission fluid oil changes/flushes every 50k miles and the engine gets fresh Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 with Mobil 1 filter every 6-7k miles. Engine still runs like new and everything looks clean. I also changed the coolant and powersteering fluid at 65k miles. Tire rotation every 7500 miles. As long as you keep your car maintained properly, you will have a long engine life.

I also pretty much treat my engine hard everyday. I drive it at WOT (wide open throttle/pedal to the floor) quite often and I have not seen any problems at all. No oil consumption whatsoever.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 08-12-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Don't worry Jetfire, Mike just had bad luck, that's all. Most people with this problem just needed to clean throttle bodies and reset the ECU to fix the problem.

My 2007 G35x, bought used at 21k miles, has now 79k miles, and has no engine issues and maintained properly. Mike bought his car used, and it was probably the previous owner overheating the engine and not doing any proper maintenance. When the engine is overheated, all the gaskets and pistons start to warp, and oil consumption/leakage is very common and white smoke from the exhaust.

I do transmission fluid oil changes/flushes every 50k miles and the engine gets fresh Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 with Mobil 1 filter every 6-7k miles. Engine still runs like new and everything looks clean. I also changed the coolant and powersteering fluid at 65k miles. Tire rotation every 7500 miles. As long as you keep your car maintained properly, you will have a long engine life.

I also pretty much treat my engine hard everyday. I drive it at WOT (wide open throttle/pedal to the floor) quite often and I have not seen any problems at all. No oil consumption whatsoever.
Math Thanks for the pep talk. I'm just glad I don't have the excessive oil consumption. It sounds like Mike has several different issues, sorry Mike.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Math Thanks for the pep talk. I'm just glad I don't have the excessive oil consumption. It sounds like Mike has several different issues, sorry Mike.
It sucks, but what can i do. I'll take this as a lesson learned. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Good luck with the issue you're having. Keep us updated! =)