issues with low rpm on take off 2007 g35 journe sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry issues with low rpm on take off 2007 g35 journe sedan

i want to start off by saying i love my G, i haven't had any problems at all until about a week before i took it to my mech. he gave the car a tune up, put new spark plugs, and air filters. going back to the problem, when the car first starts in the morning the problem is gone, but after bout 10 minutes driving the problem starts. when the car is stopped the rpm's are bout 800rpm, smooth but as soon as i put my foot on the gas and the rpm's get to a 1000, it does one studder going down to 900 than it starts going up and after that the car is very smooth. also if i am going 35 and i have the car on drive, normally the car stays in 5th gear and as soon as i left off the gas and the rpms go down to 1200, as soon as i put my foot on the gas it again does one studder and it goes to normal. now the car is completely stock. no after market and it has 107xxx miles. ohh and the battery was also replaced. any suggestions, i cant stand driving my car like this.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
wow!! thanks for all the help !!!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Try cleaning out your throttle bodies and the MAF sensors. That's where I would start if I were you. Then if that doesn't help, take it to a mechanic for them to diagnose the problem since you no longer are under the factory warranty.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
thanks

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Try cleaning out your throttle bodies and the MAF sensors. That's where I would start if I were you. Then if that doesn't help, take it to a mechanic for them to diagnose the problem since you no longer are under the factory warranty.
i am gonna look into doing that.. do you think it has anything to do with the trans oil.? since it doesnt do it when its cold but when the car warms up, it starts doing it?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Santiam23
wow!! thanks for all the help !!!
Wow, get impatient much?

If your car didn't do this until right after he worked on it, why don't you just take it back and have him make good on the tune up? Why are you fixing it? If the guy has any rep at all, he'll at least check it out for you (and it should be for free).

Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
haha sry this issue's been driving me crazy and every other post had a bunch of comments and mine was blank lol. when i said the shop i meant the body shop, i took it to a body shop to get some body work done and thats when the problem started, about 4 days later i got the tune up thinking that would fix the problem but nothing. and i am in NC now and i got the tune up in Ga so i cant really take it back to him.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
You stated that the car was at the bodyshop. Were you in an accident? If that's the case, it could be related to something which was damaged from the impact of the crash.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:10 PM
good point but it wasnt a bad accident, i barely hit a deer and it got my headlight, and it scrathed my front bumper. i drove the car messed up for about a month and a half and it drove perfect. after that i took it to the body shop, and they kept it for 2 and half weeks. after i picked it up from the body shop thats when the problem started. i waited about four days than took it to my mech so he could do a tune up and from what he told me, he also cleanned the throttle bodies and put in new spark plugs. i talked to him today and he told me that the tranny oil didnt have anything to do with it. he told me that maybe by resetting the comp the problem would go away.. what do you think?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
DUDE!!! I got the exact same problem. Looks like the common denominator here is I changed out my battery as well. That is all I did and now I have this irritating hesitation right at 1000 rpm. Coming out from a stop (I have a 6 speed) in first gear, I need to have the rpm's just slowly go past 1000 rpm before I feed in the gas or the car will buck really hard! This is impossible to do if I am sitting on and uphill at a stop!!! Need help fast. This is driving me insane!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Well it's good to know it's not just me... Mines auto but I am right there with you..

Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Do u think if we reset the computer to factory setting the problem will go away? If u find a solution please let me know

Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
In the same boat

2008 77k miles

I was experiencing sputter at deceleration for a while. My oil change guy plugged the carin, got no codes but marginal battery. Changed battery and took it to the dealer.

Dealer did a TB cleaning Deceleration issue was corrected but condition you described started.

Back to dealer. No codes, oil pressure checked good. Dealer called Infiniti tech support. Tech support recommends changing sprockets, VTC covers and pullys.

Dealer wrote up $2,100.00 to change VCT covers/pullys. Said there is also magnets that engage the sprockets that may need to be changed that would bring total to $3,600.00

Right now I am just driving it. The dealer couldn't explain to me how/why this happened and I don't understand it enough to spend the money on it.

Needless to say I am VERY interested in following this thread.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Thats insane.. Now when u start the car in the morning and drive it without letting it warm up does it still do that?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Called my dealership today and explained the situation and they basically told me that they have NEVER heard of that issue happening before. All he could recommend is to drive it around a while and see if the computer readjust and if the problem gets better or goes away. AUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Well I have had this issue for over 2 weeks And what the dealer told u is the same thing my mechanic told me as well.. He said the next step was to reset the computer to factory setting so I guess I might do that when I get some time to take the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: issues with low rpm on take off 2007 g35 journe sedan