V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

anyone try ATT Tilt with07 sedan yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone try ATT Tilt with07 sedan yet?

Just wondering how it syncs up with the car (bluetooth phone quality, address book transfer, battery/signal icons on nav screen)

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by daluder
Just wondering how it syncs up with the car (bluetooth phone quality, address book transfer, battery/signal icons on nav screen)

Thanks in advance.
I'll let you know on Monday

Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
YUP!!! got the tilt about 3 days ago.. and it works JUST FINE!! bluetooth and such.. no problem! it sounded just like my previous 8525. nice and clear

Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Got the Tilt yesterday and found out today that I've got the same garbled BS that most are seeing with their phones. Here's my story... Bought the phone while carrying the iPhone, paired it up and all worked well. Got rid of the iPhone and went back to the Blackjack and got the garbled sound when paired and answering the phone. Thought it was just the Blackjack. Upgraded to the Tilt and same thing. I'm beginning to wonder if this is happening to everyone after pairing their first device. I've gone in and removed all other paired devices but this one and still having the same issue. I've got to take my car in for some service work tomorrow and am going to talk to them about it then.

Jason

Old 10-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I have used a couple blackjacks and they work fine with the car. are you saying that after pairing the tilt it might have screwed things up with that car?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
oh and what do you think of the tilt phone?

Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
No, what I'm saying is I've not been able to get any other phone working since pairing my first phone. The iphone was the first phone I paired and it worked great, I removed it and paired the Blackjack and got nothing but crummy garbled sounds and the person on the other end can't hear me. I have now tried the tilt and same thing. As for the Tilt I've had it less than 24 hours so give me about a week to decide whether I like it or not. Right now I just want any phone that I can get paired back up with my car.

Jason

Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by jskwarek
Got the Tilt yesterday and found out today that I've got the same garbled BS that most are seeing with their phones. Here's my story... Bought the phone while carrying the iPhone, paired it up and all worked well. Got rid of the iPhone and went back to the Blackjack and got the garbled sound when paired and answering the phone. Thought it was just the Blackjack. Upgraded to the Tilt and same thing. I'm beginning to wonder if this is happening to everyone after pairing their first device. I've gone in and removed all other paired devices but this one and still having the same issue. I've got to take my car in for some service work tomorrow and am going to talk to them about it then.

Jason
Same thing here, garbled nonsense. My Treo 750 worked fine, my 8525 worked fine, and my ipaq 6945 worked fine. Its the TILT thats not working correctly.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Garbled!!!

Just to add, first paired a t-mobile mda (htc 8125,wizard) and it worked fine. It was the first phone that I paired to the car. Now bought the tilt and it's all garbled like the last post. O and my voice doesn't go through to the other end. The tilt is a great phone but I will have to give it up if I can't use it in the car. Anyone find a fix for this?

If it helps- 07 g35x with navi

Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Just took delivery of my G35.

Let me note. I have an HTC TYTN 2 which is equal to the AT&T Tilt. However the tilt is a modfied version of the TYTN 2.

My Tytn 2 works perfectly with the bluetooth except i cant send entire phone lists (i have no navi).

Here is what i recommend. I recommend you FLASH your Tilt, and use a custom ROM.

I am running a custom ROM (its so sweet!!!!), and it runs faster too!

go to the forums here:
http://www.xda-developers.com

Click on kaiser (other wise know as the 8925, tilt, tytn 2, etc). Click on Kaiser upgrading.

Then you must READ!!! This will get rid of all the crap that AT&T puts on their phones! You will LOVE the difference. I love my phone. I have changed phones 3 times this year!!

HTC Wizard (8125) ==> HTC S620 (excalibur, dash) - killed on my car accident ==> HTC Tytn 2 (tilt,8925). I love HTC.!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
Just took delivery of my G35.

Let me note. I have an HTC TYTN 2 which is equal to the AT&T Tilt. However the tilt is a modfied version of the TYTN 2.

My Tytn 2 works perfectly with the bluetooth except i cant send entire phone lists (i have no navi).

Here is what i recommend. I recommend you FLASH your Tilt, and use a custom ROM.

I am running a custom ROM (its so sweet!!!!), and it runs faster too!

go to the forums here:
http://www.xda-developers.com

Click on kaiser (other wise know as the 8925, tilt, tytn 2, etc). Click on Kaiser upgrading.

Then you must READ!!! This will get rid of all the crap that AT&T puts on their phones! You will LOVE the difference. I love my phone. I have changed phones 3 times this year!!

HTC Wizard (8125) ==> HTC S620 (excalibur, dash) - killed on my car accident ==> HTC Tytn 2 (tilt,8925). I love HTC.!!
Im reading mixed results over @ XDA(I do belong to their forum). Ive read neither the AT&T nor the HTC ROM are giving 100% good quality over blutooth. Looks like regardless of the ROM its still garbled.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
Im reading mixed results over @ XDA(I do belong to their forum). Ive read neither the AT&T nor the HTC ROM are giving 100% good quality over blutooth. Looks like regardless of the ROM its still garbled.
But thats what i am saying. Mine works perfectly fine (better than what i had with my Pioneer D3 bluetooth system in my 300C!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I have custom roms for my 8525, and yes it is def. better than original Att crap. LOL

BTW, how much did you guys pay for a TILT? I'm thinking of staying with Att just cuz of that phone... or I'll jump ship to Verizon for Samsung i760 or XV6800... since I'm up for the NE2 right now for my VZW account...

Old 11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok so per MiniRX7 advice I changed my rom to the official HTC one and still the same result.

After doing this I am beginnning to think that the problem is that any phone other than the first one paired to the car does not pair well. This was the case for jskwarek and seems to be the same for me. Tomorrow I am going to find any random phone with bluetooth and see how it works. O and btw the tilt is an awesome phone so I would hate to give it up. For Fast07GSdn I payed 500 w/ no contract.

I will keep you all updated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone try ATT Tilt with07 sedan yet?