V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

My morning at Fast Intentions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by terrycs
Don't get me wrong ... and I hope I don't confuse things ... the Magnaflows were not that loud either. If I were younger, I'd probably like them too! Another reason to get one of you youngsters to review in person and comment. So when is the next local GTG?
The next GTG should be next Thursday at Chino Hills. Here's more info:
https://g35driver.com/forums/socal-meetings-events/199115-got-g-t-g-thursday.html
That is a link for the past Thursday, but they usually do it every 2 weeks so maybe us 2nd gen. people can all meet and intro. ourselves while we have some munches.

BTW, by the sound of the vid. clips, I kinda feel that your Sebrings sound much like the Fujitsubo cat-backs that I've wanted for a while. You can do a little comparison by checking it out here....

Fujitsubo:
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/vi...0000003926.wmv

Terry's

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
BTW, by the sound of the vid. clips, I kinda feel that your Sebrings sound much like the Fujitsubo cat-backs that I've wanted for a while.

exact thing i was thinking.

I had been eyeballing that thing since last summer when it hit JDM

Old 01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff!

I'd really like to see a few things though:

1. A drive by with normal acceleration, not WOT
2. Interior sound clips
3. A drive by comparison of ur exhaust and a G35 coupe with both WOT and regular acceleration.

I REALLY want the sound of the G35 coupe and FX and not sound quite so boy-racerish.

The sound of the FI exhaust sounds quite close to the coupe/FX exhaust and now my buying bone is really itching!

Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
^+1

Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's start selling the freaking thing . . . . . please, please, please, with a cherry on top . . . . .

Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
after seeing the group buy prices on their web page for the g37 exhaust, I AM READY FOR OURS! great prices!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
JMN
and please also make combo with HFC

Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by JMN
and please also make combo with HFC
+100000000000000000000000000000

Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I just got word today that FI plans to launch the group buy late this week or early next week ... depending on how long it takes to reconfigure their website. I didn't get a chance to ask about an HFC bundle option, so feel free to call Tony direct at the shop and ask. Maybe if enough of us are interested (I still gotta pay for them too!)?

If anyone near me wants a first hand listen, let me know and we can make arrangements for a small GTG.

Last edited by terrycs; 01-29-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Honda Accord
You know I'm always down. Sunday morning like last time? Saturday after 2PM is fine as well. I was hoping you'd already went with the HFC route, but I guess I'm going to find that out myself.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Great info you guys! This is why I love this site (it helped in my decision to pick my G over the TL type S). Anyways, enough of that.
I really love the way your exhaust sounds and your car looks . The Sebring tips look like they are resonator tips... are they?
In addition, ignoring the later addition of HFCs, do you really think the Sebrings sound better? How do you like the round tips vs. the stock ovals?
What does your wife think of the more docile Sebrings, or is it still too loud for her?

Very interested in a group buy~!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by G-Me
The Sebring tips look like they are resonator tips... are they?
:
Sorry, I'm not sure what resonator tips are. I can best describe these are double wall polished stainless steel with interior perforations.

In addition, ignoring the later addition of HFCs, do you really think the Sebrings sound better?:
In my opinion, they do. I prefer a quieter sound because this is a sedan that happens to be my daily driver. From the inside, they provide a hint of aftermarket exhaust note. From the outside, they are also slightly noticeable, but will be most noticeable during hard acceleration. To me, they sound very quiet during normal driving. Again, because this system is so quiet, there is more room for power improvement by adding an HFC and not making the total system too loud.

I understand that no single exhaust can make everyone happy, but this one allows more room for tuning, so if you want Magnaflows for more sound, I think it would be possible (ask FI to be sure ).

How do you like the round tips vs. the stock ovals?:
Just a matter of personal taste. The stocks are not perfect ovals. They had the Sebring oval tips at the shop, but they were smaller on the minor diameter. They looked "squashed" compared to the stock tips which are kinda in between a true oval and a circle.

What does your wife think of the more docile Sebrings, or is it still too loud for her?:
For the demographics, I'm in my early 40's. As expected, most of my female friends that have heard it prefer the quieter Sebrings over the Magnaflows. I'm guessing this is because most of them are into the stock "high end" Euro sedans.

As for sound levels, well, I used to love the way my V8 Mustang sounded with dual exhausts and Holley blue fuel pump whining, but I'm not sure what the "youngsters" are into these days for an import, but I think a little louder? That said, I would think they would own a G37 of 350Z and not a sedan.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:38 AM

I'll PM you as soon as I figure out my weekend.

Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
You know I'm always down. Sunday morning like last time? Saturday after 2PM is fine as well. I was hoping you'd already went with the HFC route, but I guess I'm going to find that out myself.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Resonator tips are usually "double walled" tips, with tons of small holes. These tips help reduce the exhaust sound/volume some (or a lot depending on the tip). That might also be contributing to the reduced output volume.

Anyway, thanks again for the info!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
terry im gettin HFC's here very soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Fast Intentions ...