V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Computer reprogramming or Dyno tuning for 07+ sedan. Who is doing it & how much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer reprogramming or Dyno tuning for 07+ sedan. Who is doing it & how much?

I would like to have my 2008 G35 sedan dyno tuned or at least have a general reprogram of the stock ECU for increased performance.

I am very unhappy with the shifting of the stock automatic and I hate how the ECU robs me of power every time it "thinks" the tires "may" break loose.
Even with the VDC turned off, mt 08 G35x does not chirp the tires. I need the car to shift more aggressively and to stop robbing me of power all the time.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't think it will be worth it. It will end up being expensive and I really doubt you will see any performance gains. they may change the shift points, rev and speed limiters but that is about it. Maybe increase line pressure for firmer shifts but all in all I doubt you will be happy with the money you spent. Plus there is basically no one who is doing it yet.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should've gotten RWD then

Old 05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
^^^^ ha, x2

Old 05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
should've gotten RWD then
Nah. I already have the best performing rear wheel drive platform on the road. See user name.
The ONLY reason I considered the Infinit is AWD. Without AWD, I would not have bought and Infiniti and I'd drive the Corvette daily or buy a the 335xi.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You will not "chirp" the awd. End of story.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:17 PM
TT_C6 - Personally I think you expect too much out of the G. Maybe its because you love your 600+hp(or whatever it is on the C6) and compare it to the G? Also, isn't the 335x awd? Why didn't you buy that? I might be wrong.

I'm just confused by some of your posts...the old "I need to get the G to compare to an M3 immediately". Its not an M3, its not a C6...but its the best car on the road for the money.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being overly critical, but its just how I feel.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
TT_C6 - Personally I think you expect too much out of the G. Maybe its because you love your 600+hp(or whatever it is on the C6) and compare it to the G? Also, isn't the 335x awd? Why didn't you buy that? I might be wrong.

I'm just confused by some of your posts...the old "I need to get the G to compare to an M3 immediately". Its not an M3, its not a C6...but its the best car on the road for the money.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being overly critical, but its just how I feel.
Right on IvoryG.

TT C6, it sounds like you like to spend money on cars, so go ahead and with the Dyno tune and the reprogram and let the rest of us know how it works out.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TT C6
I would like to have my 2008 G35 sedan dyno tuned or at least have a general reprogram of the stock ECU for increased performance.

I am very unhappy with the shifting of the stock automatic and I hate how the ECU robs me of power every time it "thinks" the tires "may" break loose.
Even with the VDC turned off, mt 08 G35x does not chirp the tires. I need the car to shift more aggressively and to stop robbing me of power all the time.
Do you have a MT or a X?

You can't get both.

AWD will kick in before VDC, and it IMPOSSIBLE to chirp the AT, even with a RWD.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Wei
maybe contacting GTM, i think they have hks fcon pro figured out for the 2nd gen G,

throw in another 15k, they can prolly fab you a turbo kit

but i think the 335x would probably be a better foundation for awd sedan and upgradeable power or maybe a legacy, might as well go for a wrx sti or evo, okay, i've gone way off tangent now, haha

Old 05-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Ease up guys.
I posted a thread before I bought the G35x on how I could get the G35x to HANDLE like a AUDI S4. Never mentioned the M3.

Stock vs Stock. Believe it or not, I actually preferred the G35x to the 335xi.
I didn't want to buy the 335xi because I KNEW I'd end up modding the hell out of it.
I predicted that a Vishnu tune would kill a piston on a stock 335xi.......and I was right. I want "drama free" daily drivers.

The G35x is my taxi cab. I'm not dumping a ton of money in it. It's just holding me over until I'm satisfied the GTR isn't made of glass and the prices drop.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by TT C6
Nah. I already have the best performing rear wheel drive platform on the road. See user name.
The ONLY reason I considered the Infinit is AWD. Without AWD, I would not have bought and Infiniti and I'd drive the Corvette daily or buy a the 335xi.
+1......i hate when i see my slip light come on, esp when im trying to get around a turn a bit faster or even on straightaways....i need to get some wheels and new tires. too bad i cant even freaking lower the x yet.......

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Linner
+1......i hate when i see my slip light come on, esp when im trying to get around a turn a bit faster or even on straightaways....i need to get some wheels and new tires. too bad i cant even freaking lower the x yet.......
What's the point of wheels, tires, or any other mods if you can't reprogram the ECU? If you can't reprogram an automatic car, it's not worth modding.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Do you have a MT or a X?

You can't get both.

AWD will kick in before VDC, and it IMPOSSIBLE to chirp the AT, even with a RWD.
i've chirped my tires and i have a 5at. or do you mean chirp as in when shifting to second gear cause that's not possible. but from a dead stop i can make the tires squeal like a baby pig

Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I smoked a wheel or two making a left from a stop in my x yesterday. It actually caught me off guard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Computer reprogramming or Dyno tuning for 07+ sedan. Who is doing it & how much?