V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

UpRev Osiris Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
UpRev Osiris Tuning

We all need to start calling and emailing UpRev about their fully customizable Osiris tuning... This is a popular option for the earlier G35s and 350Z's... Last I heard, they should have it out by the end of September or maybe sooner. If we push em a little, maybe we can get it sooner.

UpRev
Austin, TX 78758
512-538-4856
info@uprev.com

Originally Posted by Osiris
http://www.uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

Osiris ROM Loader Features

Easy installation - Install Osiris software CD to a PC/Laptop and connect the interface cable to the OBDII diagnostic port. No installation or wiring done on the vehicle!

Map Switching - Map Switching technology is also included with Osiris and requires no addition hardware (vehicle must have cruise control).Using the vehicle’s cruise control buttons, you can toggle between your preselected maps. We build your tune to include a minimum of 3 different maps to be stored on the ECU(US market). Additional map storage is dependent on model and model years. Daily driver, Drag, Track, Economy, or Valet at your fingertips.

Base Maps for 91 or 93 Octane- We work with you to select the best tuning maps from our library for your vehicle. With the large selection of after-market hardware and wide variety of Nissan models available, there are many variables that affect your tune. We work with you to find the best tune we have for your vehicle. If you change mods in the future, no problem, we'll do it again at no cost

* Top Speed Limiter
* Rev Limiter
* Idle RPM
* Target AFR
* Ignition Timing
* Electronic Throttle Control

Cipher Diagnostic Software - Data-log engine vitals directly from the ECU before and after tuning.

* Data-logging - Record and save ECU data; sample rates of 20/sec with 16 sensors.
* Real-time sensor display - Monitor data in real time
* Analytical charting - Analyze recorded data with ease.
* Diagnostic Codes - Retrieve and clear the DTCs.

As far as customization from out of state or afar, you can email your Cipher diagnostics to them, they'll analyze and adjust the tunes based off how the data looks to help try and obtain more power. They can email them back to you then you upload into the ECU via your laptop. If I remember right, pricing was in the $600 range.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ Very interesting but still not sure how this works, does the cruise still work with this tune? and where can we get the special wire from laptop to car?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much wHP can i expect??

Old 08-09-2008, 12:24 AM
i'm guessing this will only help if you have mods, and with the air intakes, already pretty efficient from the factory (some aftermarket ones already show a loss of HP) there arent many mods out there for the 2nd gen for us to really utilize a tune of the ECU, unless we went FI like Terry....

Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i'm guessing this will only help if you have mods, and with the air intakes, already pretty efficient from the factory (some aftermarket ones already show a loss of HP) there arent many mods out there for the 2nd gen for us to really utilize a tune of the ECU, unless we went FI like Terry....
Correct the HR motor does not need to be tuned in order for the engine to work with mods because the ECU is much more sophisticated and adaptive than the older ECU's.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, just take it down to Austin and have them do it there. I already talked to them and they told me, without question, them having the car there is the absolute best why for them to tune it.

I plan on heading down to Austin as soon as my exhaust gets here.

They keep the car for most of the day, dyno tune it and make it awesome.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
^^+1^^

Drive to Austin and let them have the car for a few hours.

You are going to love Cipher!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:51 AM
both of you have older coupes... so yes, you both can get it done. they are not ready to start tuning the 07+ sedans and G37s.... hence the reason I said we should call and show interest, to maybe help speed up the release. as soon as they say they're ready, I'll be driving to Austin, for sure.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like others have said, unless you're modding the car (moderately or more) and are going to keep modding the car, there's no point in having your own tuning software.

From the description though, it sounds like the software still has pretty limited capabilities.

On my last car, with HPtuners software, I could tune any 2002 LS1 car. I could save an unlimited amount of tunes. I could log and save hours of data at a time, and control hundreds of parameters. Pretty much any table and number in the computer could be changed.

And, it only took about 25 seconds to upload a new tune.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
once they've tuned the car initially, they're "etuning" is free if your unable to get the car to their shop. i believe that's the whole point of them offering the datalogging, so you can send them logs and they can interpret and update the tuning based on your info. i'm sure not as good as dyno tuning but for some it should be somewhat helpful. i'm not really a datalogger, i'm not all that concerned with that.

I'm also not interested in tuning myself, i just want someone to provide me with a nice tune and will have it done on the dyno. by the time i'm ready for tuning, i'll have the air intake, exhaust setup and probably some HFCs.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
once they've tuned the car initially, they're "etuning" is free if your unable to get the car to their shop. i believe that's the whole point of them offering the datalogging, so you can send them logs and they can interpret and update the tuning based on your info. i'm sure not as good as dyno tuning but for some it should be somewhat helpful. i'm not really a datalogger, i'm not all that concerned with that.

I'm also not interested in tuning myself, i just want someone to provide me with a nice tune and will have it done on the dyno. by the time i'm ready for tuning, i'll have the air intake, exhaust setup and probably some HFCs.
the first 3 etunes are free, $50 for each additional. I understand and agree with the price change on that.

I know that UPREV is just about to release a new version of Osiris and they are doing a complete overhaul of their webpage.....in other words they have a lot on their plate right now. Just be patient and talk to the guys, I'm sure you can get something worked out.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
to bring this thread back to life a little, i just emailed uprev about the osiris tuning for our cars. i'll post their response if they respond..

Old 09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
should be getting close....

Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
subscribed..

Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
If you do enough research you will find out how much they're already being pushed. Pushing anymore than they [07-08 Z owners & V36 G's] have already been doing won't help.

I'm sure its in their best interest to get the Osiris available to you guys asap. But im sure its not as easy as some of us are making it seem.

The UpRev Osiris is an amazing software!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UpRev Osiris Tuning