V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

lowered & need light adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowered & need light adjustment

Hi there everyone... I lowered my car a while back and, like many, have noticed that since my lights now sit about 1.4ish inches lower the light beam is cut off and doesn't light up near as much/far as it used to. I am currently driving a loaner from the dealer (that's another story), and I can really notice the difference now!

So, does anyone have an answer as to how to move/adjust the beam or the lights themselves? I have talked to the dealership and they said there is no way to adjust/move the beam/headlight assembly... anyone have any ideas/answers to that? It's starting to get kind of annoying when I am driving on dark roads at night and can't use my high-beams because of other cars (in-front or oncoming).

I know my 01 Allroad had auto leveling xenon lights and had both adjustment screws for the actual headlight assembly and they could adjust some stuff with the computer (at the dealership).

Any ideas are more than welcome...

Old 08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
They ARE both adjustable... the headlights AND the fog lights, in the houseings!! the fogs are easier to get to, and the actual headlamps are a bit harder to find and reach, a few months ago someone posted the page out of the shop manual, on where to find the screws to turn, and which way. sorry i don't know how to find it on here... note this,,, it takes alot of turns to make the light beam move,, unlike other vehicles ive had...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Triton3.5
They ARE both adjustable... the headlights AND the fog lights, in the houseings!! the fogs are easier to get to, and the actual headlamps are a bit harder to find and reach, a few months ago someone posted the page out of the shop manual, on where to find the screws to turn, and which way. sorry i don't know how to find it on here... note this,,, it takes alot of turns to make the light beam move,, unlike other vehicles ive had...
Thanks... I thought there should be something there, however I did a search and didn't find any threads ; that is why I posted this thread...

Now if someone only had the link to that page; that would be great...

Old 08-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
The car has self leveling headlights. The rear suspension arm has a sensor for determining the level of the car (like if you loaded up the trunk making the car squat).

Lowering the car will result in the headlights aiming down.

The "levelizer" is zeroed using a CONSULT III.

For more information, see p EXL-8 in the service manual.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
The car has self leveling headlights. The rear suspension arm has a sensor for determining the level of the car (like if you loaded up the trunk making the car squat).

Lowering the car will result in the headlights aiming down.

The "levelizer" is zeroed using a CONSULT III.

For more information, see p EXL-8 in the service manual.
I figured they should be self-leveling; however, I should still be able to manually adjust them if there is a manual adjustment there, right?

How the heck do I get my hands on a Consult III??? or is this something for which I would have to pull some favors from the dealership???

(Anyone have the link to the service manual?)

Oh btw Terry, Awesome GTM write-up!... Your 2nd Gen Sedan is hands down "The ****" ... Keep leading the way!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Me
I figured they should be self-leveling; however, I should still be able to manually adjust them if there is a manual adjustment there, right?

How the heck do I get my hands on a Consult III??? or is this something for which I would have to pull some favors from the dealership???

(Anyone have the link to the service manual?)

Oh btw Terry, Awesome GTM write-up!... Your 2nd Gen Sedan is hands down "The ****" ... Keep leading the way!!!
link to FSM:

http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/sedan/2007/

Consult III = $8,000 ... cheaper to go to dealer.

Thanks for the compliments ... I just got lucky to be their project car.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
link to FSM:

http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/sedan/2007/

Consult III = $8,000 ... cheaper to go to dealer.

Thanks for the compliments ... I just got lucky to be their project car.

Project car... yet again!!! Eibach, FI, GTM, and so on... LOL
Right place, right time, and know the right people, and a other half that plays along/lets you!!!! some people have all the luck

Thanks for the help! The service manager at Key Infiniti owes me one or two favors. Lets see how many I have to cash in for this one!!! LOL

Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Great stuff... Just found it. EXL-187 explains how to do the manual adjustment to the "T". The Consult III wouldn't do much in this case because from what I read you cannot do any manual adjustments with it (it only does automatic leveling based on load). To aim the lights you have to do it the old fashion way (hands on) I will post some pics as soon as I get my car back to do it. YAY, no more driving in the dark

Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Hmmm I didn't know that tech pak. or whatever had selfleveling headlights, I know they turn into corners, I know my car does NOT self level.... good luck G-me, after i lower my car i will have to raise em back up a bit...