V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Serious heistation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazystand
Good news for you. Bad news for the 10 of us who just bought the HFCs.
Be sure to look one page back in this thread--at the top of page 11, to be specific.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Really the hesitation of the sputtering. The sputtering feels like a bad O2 which is why I'm glad the CEL came on.. We will see tomorrow at the dealer what the light is. There were also times when I could smell coolant and or what smelled like tranny fluid after drive the car and having it hesitate or sputter.. I will keep everone updated. Also thanx for the call Joey.
Back on 11/28/08 I recall having a phone conversation with you about this problem noting it was related to the HFC's as I was experiencing the same issue even after a TS reflash. I'll have to put my stock cats on as well. At least you finally know what was causing the serious hesitation.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Well looks like it was the cats, Dealer said they drove the car today after the OEM's were installed and the car did not do it.
LOL! Most important part of this whole thread was the first post, and this post. congrats, i'm sure it'll be nice to have your ride back. So no lemon, huh.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
i thought so as well so i cancelled by order for BERK HFC's and decided to stick with just the catback, im glad you updated us so i dont feel bad about not getting me some HFC's! Goodluck with the second test drive, i hope the results are positive, considering all the money the dealership has thrown in your car for the free replacments id be happy but be VERY mad about the time they took and the "little" plow accident that the car incurred.

Anyways hope alls welll by tomorrow when you finally get to cruise around in your loaded G!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Well looks like it was the cats, Dealer said they drove the car today after the OEM's were installed and the car did not do it. They are going to drive it again tomorrow and if it still doesnt do it I will go down and drive it.. Looks like one guy was right. Now how do I sell these things.. LOL

I F#$%^^ SAID IT FIRST! NOBODY BELIEVED ME! Did I not? If I was FI or BERKS I would love to hear an explanation on why the HFC's are FAIL on our Auto G35 Sedans.......

Call me bro we need to talk about this.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by 07 G35S Sedan
Back on 11/28/08 I recall having a phone conversation with you about this problem noting it was related to the HFC's as I was experiencing the same issue even after a TS reflash. I'll have to put my stock cats on as well. At least you finally know what was causing the serious hesitation.

I had the problem also buddy and spoke with him on multiple occasions!

I would like for us to start documenting this to get a refund or at least credit.

My G35 journey did it for 5k miles then I finally gave up. I have been stock ever since and couldn't be happier.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if it is HFCs whats wrong with the reaver's car?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Csquared
well if it is HFCs whats wrong with the reaver's car?
True . LOL. It was in my case and another fellow DFWer.

There have been lots of problems but most people have been too lazy or haven't spoken out even in the G37 Community.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for an update btw.
I really don't know what to said but mine 08 G35x never had any ploblems from BERK's HFC before.I wanna see some prove from the dealer that BERK was the ploblems too and if you read.. not so many people were having ploblems with BERK's except FI., isn't it right?

Csquare: don't afraid mann!! Do more seach if you're not sure.Many of us don't have any ploblems.Check G37driver.they got more info.Mann!!Look like im the only one stick with BERK's HFCand no ploblem in this thread

Last edited by earth0; 02-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I just either want mine bought out or some sort of refund.

What a waste of $500 bucks plus IMO

Earth0- I am glad berks has worked out for you though

Old 02-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm, I have my HFC"s coming in at the end of this month! Now you guy's a really making me think if I should cancel my order?!! But my freind with a G37 6MT, has installed FI HFC's, and it's been on the car for maybe 3 months or more, with no problems what so ever! no CEL, No Hesitation,Nothing! So don't know what to really think, seems it's diffrent from car to car?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Here’s the latest.

The service techs haven’t found anything wrong and driving it has not revealed the problem. After having it for one week, the dealership is sending someone tomorrow to return my car and take back their loaner. My service guy tells me that Infiniti is sending a top service rep to the dealership on Monday to look over my car, so they will send someone to my home to pick up my car that morning in exchange for another loaner. Because I consider my car a danger waiting to happen, I’m not overjoyed at getting it back.

In my thinking, Monday will be the third time they have looked at my car regarding this issue. The first time when I took it to them they put the issue in the “it’s probably just an aberration—keep an I on it”—category, but have been working on it specifically this second time.

While the situation is lousy, I am pleased with how they are treating me.

Comments? Suggestions?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 AM
ANMVQ, I do remember our conversation over the phone. I'm glad that you were able to work it out methodically with the dealer and get everything squared away.

As the_rever had stated, dealers are terrified of having to buy back lemon cars. They will use anything and everything at their disposal to skirt responsibility when it comes to a problem they cannot fix. The dealers have time on their side and will usually win by attrition. By just having you wait for months on end the other party (you) will just give up. But if you go toe to toe with the dealer then it can grab the attention of the right people. The day before they went to court, voila! A brand new Acura TL appears out of thin air!

ANMWQ, you've worked in the service writing department before and I'm sure you've seen the things that can happen behind closed doors. So, the question still remains. 1. Is the car really fixed? Have you driven it yet? They couldn't reproduce the problem in 1 month, so will they be able to successfully reproduce it again? 2. How on earth can an exhaust piece effect the transmission?

Give me a call when you get a chance! I'd like to hear how it all went down.

Rest assured that you made the right choice by purchasing BERK HFC's. You have other choices out there and you chose BERK. Here is the proof.

Thank you guys for your continued support!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Lol rever, tell them install HFC and see if that fixes the problem!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey guys just read through all the replies since my last one.. To answer a few questions, Yes the dealer could reproduce the problem(They say) 2, I'm not sure the car is really fixed, The dealer updated me yesterday and said after replacing the cats with OEM's the car did not have any problems, Back firering or bucking.3, When they drive it again today they are going to call me and tell me if it drove fine again and then I have to drive out there and drive it to see if it's really fixed. I'm still hesitant but we will see. But thier feild tech did say something about the O2 sensors being to far from the exhaust stream??? Not sure what that means ther Berks use the stock location.. As I hear more today I will keep everyone updated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious heistation.