V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

What do these error codes mean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
What do these error codes mean?

What do these error codes mean?-vbpudd8.jpg
What do these error codes mean?-3n4obwx.jpg
What do these error codes mean?-rdpislk.jpg

I apologize for the humongous pictures in advance...
But anyone know where I can find out what these errors mean? These are from the self-diagnostics menu..

Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Firstly im not sure what the error code means exactly other than that it was an issue with the connection but assume it would be in the service manual.

It seems the system had an error and logged it but is running fine now. Since you already took pics of the error code and description i would go ahead and reset and delete the log and see if it happens again. If not youre fine else do some more digging on what the code means

Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Well I did delete and reset the logs. Will have to wait to see if I get it again. The 39 seems to be the number of times it was recorded and is the count limit. I'm guessing one of the codes is for the shiftronic problem...

Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
^ that would make sense given its registered under ECM problem so thats entirely possible. Have you had issues with you 'shiftronic' ?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ that would make sense given its registered under ECM problem so thats entirely possible. Have you had issues with you 'shiftronic' ?
Yes, I have. When I use manual mode it goes back to D and can't change it back to M til I restart the car. Although it has gotten better ever since I took off the boot/covers and messed around with the wires/switches, it does go back to M quite frequently.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM
^ that makes perfect sense then, if you see on these forums you will find that the issue is the shiftronic switch near the shifter that needs to be replaced to rid of the problem permanently

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ that makes perfect sense then, if you see on these forums you will find that the issue is the shiftronic switch near the shifter that needs to be replaced to rid of the problem permanently
You mean the switches for "+" and "-"? Anyways I was hoping to learn if these error codes are connected to the obdii port? That'd be awesome since CAN_comm and AV_comm seem to be very broad and vague.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
The CAN-bus is a communication path for the various 'intelligent' modules within the car to communicate with. The ECU monitor this for healthy status. If an error is encountered, then it is, no doubt, just reporting it. The mention of the 'AV COM CIRCUIT" sounds like Audio Visual to me, and the 'H/F Unit Connection' could just be the head unit. That's all just from a glance though; I could be totally FOS, but my service manual is still on my old PC and I haven't transferred files over yet so I can't check for sure. It should think it could be easily looked up though.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
base model sedan
i have both of these issues poping up in my error histroy

Originally Posted by vqsmile
The CAN-bus is a communication path for the various 'intelligent' modules within the car to communicate with. The ECU monitor this for healthy status. If an error is encountered, then it is, no doubt, just reporting it. The mention of the 'AV COM CIRCUIT" sounds like Audio Visual to me, and the 'H/F Unit Connection' could just be the head unit. That's all just from a glance though; I could be totally FOS, but my service manual is still on my old PC and I haven't transferred files over yet so I can't check for sure. It should think it could be easily looked up though.
ive been having a issue with my camshaft sensors gping out ive noticed that both these erros came up on my self diagnostics i was wondering if anybody had the same problem or can give me advice in anyway

Old 08-19-2021, 09:16 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you didn't use a Genuine Nissan OEM sensor, or a Hitachi (they manufacture the OEM sensor) then I'm not surprised. Pretty common for aftermarket cam/crank sensors to fail rapidly (or just not work at all), you get what you pay for.