V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

HELPPPPP !!!!!!!!! front bumper cover.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELPPPPP !!!!!!!!! front bumper cover.

i overdid it and "kissed" a concrete wall with my front bumper cover. now i need to replace /paint it, ivory pearl 2008 sport sedan, where can i get a bumper cheap/ possibly painted and ready for install ?
please help man !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 AM
can i get he bumper cover prepainted,ready for install ? as in, i dont want the hassle from bodyshop or color NOT to match, can it be ordered somewhere prepainted !!!!!!!!
fok, i hate this ****, my car was in "mint" condition, i always waxed and babied the fuggin car, and some dumb *** mistake on my part fugged it all up, i hate this ****. sorry for the cursing, but i hate myself for doing this dumb ****, and i know better, its a rear wheel drive with alot of power, and i turned "OFF" traction control, and my dumb *** got burned. the street i turned on had a bump in it causing the rear wheels to "lift" and it was too late for correction, fokkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I don't think you'll find one prepainted from anywhere you should be ordering from. If you install a prepainted skin without blending, it will never be a great color match.
Bring it to a shop.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I agree get it resprayed at a professonal body shop

Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you can't order it from infiniti painted?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has and even if it was possible, I wouldn't suggest it.
White is a super tough color to match.
You are talking about how much you care for you car's finish and look.... do the job right!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I don't know of anyone who has and even if it was possible, I wouldn't suggest it.
White is a super tough color to match.
You are talking about how much you care for you car's finish and look.... do the job right!

i would agree, i just figured that infiniti would sell a factory painted part,

they don't paint the car all at once, the bumpers, doors, side skirts, hood, trunk and uni body all go through separate paint bays at the factory. so the bumper you have could have gotten painted days before or after your car door with a different batch of paint.

the factory is all automated, so all the parts match, get a dealer on the horn, give them ur vin and i bet they can and will order you a painted/clear coated bumper that you can just bolt on.

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by snowcrossmxz
i would agree, i just figured that infiniti would sell a factory painted part,

they don't paint the car all at once, the bumpers, doors, side skirts, hood, trunk and uni body all go through separate paint bays at the factory. so the bumper you have could have gotten painted days before or after your car door with a different batch of paint.

the factory is all automated, so all the parts match, get a dealer on the horn, give them ur vin and i bet they can and will order you a painted/clear coated bumper that you can just bolt on.
my thoughts exactly.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no worries, i did this as well last winter

If there is no deformation of the plastic just have it re-sprayed.

I hade them sand down the damaged area, prime, and repaint it. Plus I asked them to re-clear the whole bumper to avoid flaking/peeling

Looks like new and only set me back $250 cash

Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
You're looking at $350-400 to R&I and refinish the bumper assuming no damage which needs to be repaired, just a refinish. If there is damage, scratches, gouging, etc, then it changes. Also, there is stuff that is important behind that urethane that may have been damaged.

A pic would help give you a better idea.

ETA: It's not an order by color part, any OE bumper you get is going to be plain black plastic. The replacement part arm of the company isn't shared with the regular production line, they don't just have extras lying around painted to sell.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM
check ebay. i was going to get a new bumper cover for my g. found some on ebay it was 500-600 dollars prepainted to OEM color specs and shipped to your door. And for install.. take it to a shop. no more than 50 bucks to have them slap on a new bumper