ARCH Industries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
i ordered my poly impul sides and chargespeed rear with cf diffuser last week

only time will tell, good thing i have an amazing body man to inspect every little nook and cranny

Old 04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Everyone needs to STOP claiming this and if you are then stand by your damn product, as well as BUYERS need to realize that EVEN 95% of authentic, NO aftermarket kit is going to fit 100%. From what i witness ALOT of people set their expectations way to high as far as aftermarket kits and fitment and quite frankly are a bit too **** especially when the item is only a few hundred dollars. I tell everyone straight up, NO it doesn't fit 100% BUT it does fit well. Also every car can be slightly different even if they've never been in accidents.

As for the OP when he told me this story at the meet i just laughed, i thought arch was one of the few who were actually doing things right. Guess not. From what i remember arch had told the OP that he was gonna hook him up on the paint but even though it was cheaper that it would STILL be a professional grade paint job. So regardless of what the cost of paint was this is what was suppose to be provided, which obviously this isn't the case.

I did have high expectations due to the hype that they were making of their product only to be let down. I also learned(after the fact) that if I only had purchased the bumper without paint, I could have gotten a way better paint job for only a few bucks more(so to speak) from a real body shop...

I priced an authentic Nismo front made with the ABS plastic and it was definetly unreasonable compared to buying an aftermarket version and paying a few bucks to make it fit right.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
your body guy did a pretty good job of making it fit right, but what i don't get is why are the tabs broken where the fasteners are? if they are like that wouldn't you have told arch industries about it before you even put it on?, even the paint job shows visible signs of orange peel and bubbles, that would have made want to call arch and say "what's up with the lousy paint?" maybe your body guy messed up and put the blame on arch? why do you have to buy a whole new bumper and get it sprayed? cant you just pull the bumper off sand it, prime it then respray it? and why is your left side indicator all cracked up?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
JBF
Originally Posted by biggz786786
your body guy did a pretty good job of making it fit right, but what i don't get is why are the tabs broken where the fasteners are? if they are like that wouldn't you have told arch industries about it before you even put it on?, even the paint job shows visible signs of orange peel and bubbles, that would have made want to call arch and say "what's up with the lousy paint?" maybe your body guy messed up and put the blame on arch? why do you have to buy a whole new bumper and get it sprayed? cant you just pull the bumper off sand it, prime it then respray it? and why is your left side indicator all cracked up?
The cracks showed up a week after it was installed. And like I said about the paint, I told them when I picked it up that it wasn't up to par. They offered to give me a raw bumper at that point but I didnt want to wait even longer for prep and paint...although I still waited another 2 weeks to have it installed

The side marker isnt cracked...it doesnt clip all the way in to the bumper so it likes to fall out from time to time and rub on the tire...

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Premier Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before this gets any uglier (like that matters at this point)...

Let me start by saying that ARCH does stand by its product and services. We make every attempt to make sure that the customer is happy. We have painted for numerous people without incident.

IF there was a fitment problem we would have taken it back w/o any questions. He mounted the bumper and managed to mangle it in the process. Poly bumpers are very durable yet he was unable to mount it properly. The top mounting points are torn. I'm surprise his bumper just didn't fly off since he said he went to test out his car w/ the new bumper and hit over 100mph. Every request for pictures of the fitment issue took about another week when he came back w/ the complaint of paint. I don't know what this guy did w/ the bumper, he's only a few hours away, we would have installed it w/o issue.

And the notion of ****ty customer service... i don't know how that statement has any merit. We go well beyond our means to make the customer happy. We however can't take responsibility for neglect of the product, from which we advised during and after the bumper was handed over to the customer.

This is how it went down... via PMs, txt messages and emails still on file:

Let me start by saying that ARCH always stands by its products AND services. On occassion, **** happens but we own up to it. For everyone who has dealt with us, if there's an issue we do address it even if it means taking the product back.

The story behind this guy who finallygotaG goes like this (all info from emails & txt messages)

He paid for the bumper in December before the holidays. There were delays but the paint match was not good enough that it had to be repainted 3x before it was even given to him.

January 9th 12:35PM, he picks up the bumper and complains about "moderate imperfections" Where we offered to issue a full refund but he was fine w/ the $100 discount that was given. He looked capable at understanding what we said about the paint and that it's pretty fresh so he should mount it in about a week so the paint can cure. Since he wanted to take it home that day. He said yeah, he knows about paint and bodywork.

January 13th 9:48AM, he txts: Hey bro got the bumper on last night. Left side is good but right side is pretty bad Doesn't line up with the fender and is jammed up against the headlight.

We tell him we need pictures or he can drive down to get it worked on. Poly is very durable yet he managed to mangle the top mounting points.
January 13th 10:01AM, he txt "I'll take a photo when I go to lunch." I said Ok.

January 16th 2:55PM, he sends a picture finally of a torn off mounting point. We talk on the phone on how that happened. If your bumper wasn't fitting right wouldn't you take it off? They are completely torn and we were surprised his 100+ MPH test drive he spoke of didn't have the bumper flying off.

January 20th 1:27PM. he txt "Hey man sorry for sounding like a dick the other day. I took some extra time on sunday messin with the bumper and it fits okay. I'm not worried bout the paint though"

February 25th 6:06PM, via PM:

Dear ARCH Industries,

You have received a new private message at G35Driver from FinallyGotaG, entitled "problem".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

I recently purchased a painted nismo bumper from you and the paint has been peeling off and it has cracked on both upper mounting points.

I spoke with Richard in January and he claimed he didnt recieve any pictures from me.

I would like to have some kind of refund made to me. I paid $375 via paypal and paid another $100 at the time of pickup. The cash payment at the time of pickup was actually $175 but I only paid 100 due to some moderate imperfections of the paint which wound up being major imperfections.

When I spoke with Richard on the phone, his only response was "what do you want me to do about it"

Thank you for your help

Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...225-1644-1.jpg

Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...225-1644-1.jpg

Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...225-1643-1.jpg

Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...225-1643-1.jpg

Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...225-1642-1.jpg

- Hide quoted text -

February 26th via PM

Dear ARCH Industries,

You have received a new private message at G35Driver from FinallyGotaG, entitled "Re: problem".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

I did not install the bumper for almost two weeks after I picked it up and 'testing it at 120 mph' is not the case. I attempted to wash the car yesterday and when I sprayed the car down, the paint peeled off.

The installer had to improvise the installation due to the bumper not being made correctly. The cracks happened 2 days after the bumper was installed. Also the "undertray attachment" was not long enough on one side to reach the undertray. This 100% fitment guarantee should be reconsidered with this product. Another issue is that the sides of the bumper do not line up with the fenderwell opening. If the installer lined up the edges to the fender, then the rounded edge that meets the headlight and fender would have been smashed up against it.

I was told I was going to recieve a product that requires only drilling and mounting. The paint peeling off after only a month of driving(and two weeks of being parked inside while I was away on business) is unacceptable. The cash discount does not justify the 'garage paint job'

I am pretty savvy with paint and bodywork and this bumper is a poor representation of the product you sell.

---Quote (Originally by ARCH Industries)---

We do not offer refund on paint service.

Richard having offered you a discount at pickup confirms you inspected the work. He also mentioned the bumper was freshly painted and you took it home the same day. It takes a minimum of 3 days for the paint to cure, yet you installed it and from your pictures look like you hosed it off.

As for the bumper, your damage on the top mounting area looks very odd. We also can't do much since we did not install the bumper. It looks to be improper installation.

Testing out the bumper going 120mph on a freshly painted bumper made no sense since that doesn't really prove much.

Richard made every instance to have you leave happy. you took the cash discount for what little imperfections there was on the bumper from the paint. He also offered to scrap the bumper and get you a new one painted but you opted for the cash discount.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Premier Sponsor

he continues to lie or maybe he just has things all mixed up.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I can't see the pics here at work, but I bought my nismo bumper from him a couple months ago, painted as well (athens blue). Paint was great; matched perfectly with my car, and fitment was just as good. In fact, it was a bit tight, but to me thats better because it makes everything nice and flush. I was able to install my bumper by myself in about 2.5 hours. So far, in my personal experience, ARCH is great to deal with and has my business.

Here are 2 pics of the bumper. I'll try and post more later:

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...lue-coupe.html

Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i recall this situation correctly there was a delay with your bumper. When we received the bumper it was not painted well. We then offered to get it repainted for you. Instead of having it repainted you made the choice to get it at a discounted rate. As for the bumper not lining up correctly, you drilled your own holes and mounted the bumper not us. Nobody else has had a problem with the Nismo lining up. So if your going to complain about this please let everyone know the whole story. Dont leave out the information about you wanting an additional discount and saying you dont want it repainted. Please let them know you drilled and lined up your bumper not us. As for customer service I have helped out everyone that has contacted me to the best of my ability.

Last edited by Joe@Arch.Ind; 04-13-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: extra word
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by iseechriss
glad u finally spoke out bro, they do seem to have ****ty customer service and apparently ****ty bumpers/paint
Please explain how we provided ****ty customer service to you. I am interested to know. I have done everything to answer peoples questions and make sure they are happy. Since you posted we have ****ty service I feel an answer in how we let you down with anything you have purchased from us is in order. As I recall we havent sold you anything nor have we ever recieved a down payment for an item. Please feel free to answer here where you originally posted or please pm me.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
see that explains a lot, OP never mentioned about having to drill his own holes and mounting points, which would explain the cracked upper mounting points, and the fact that he himself mounted it, not his body man... and the fact that he knew it was freshly painted and arch told him to wait a week before mounting but did it 3 days later, also, i don't get why someone would test out there bumper by doing 100mph, is it a normal test that people do?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Glad to see both sides of the story. Like I posted before, my experience with Richie from ARCH was great. Always responded to my texts and phone calls right away, and was even willing to help me install my parts.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Just picked up my NISMO bumper from RICH painted OB and everything was great...but I had my body shop install it instead of doing it myself...THANKS ARCH!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Premier Sponsor

Originally Posted by atrudeau
I recently purchased a chargespeed rear with the c/f insert from ARCH. The bumper was completely raw and need to be preped and painted. So I took it to a local super elite auto body guy here in Co. He told me the over all fitment was good but the middle of the bumper was to thin he had to re fiberglass the middle of the bumper costing me big time! Ending costing $750 just to get the rear bumper painted and fitted properly. Was supposed to be $400. Just my 2cents.
We never heard from you regarding this. The bumper is raw and sold raw and always needs to be prep'd and painted. I don't understand about adding fiberglass to the cf portion. It's the same bumper from other vendors, since that is not our product. We simply carry it for our customers who wish to get a package deal.

I'm not sure what i'm missing here? Are we to blame for your shop taking advantage of you?

Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
JBF
Never did I once say I tested the bumper out at 100 mph. And if I was offered a full refund at the time of pick up I would have taken it. Richard made it clear that he would not give me a refund...just discount the bumper or give me an unpainted one. I did say that I was savvy with body work but I myself did not install the bumper. Must have been a misunderstanding on that part. I was at the shop the car was at when I sent the initial problem txt. I was somewhat satisfied with the fitment at that point in time until later when I noticed the cracks. Also I was okay with the paint until giant pieces started just peeling off the car like a sunburn.

Richards phone number was disconnected when I tried calling him...hence the reason why it went to pm.

And your dates are wrong when it comes to the time I installed it. You specifically advised not to install it right away due to the paint still being fresh...

But tell me why after 3 months, the paint is still peeling off like it never set?

Yes I said I was okay with it after we spent hours MAKING it fit.

But once again...if I was honestly offered a 100% refund I would have taken it.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Premier Sponsor

Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
Never did I once say I tested the bumper out at 100 mph. And if I was offered a full refund at the time of pick up I would have taken it. Richard made it clear that he would not give me a refund...just discount the bumper or give me an unpainted one. I did say that I was savvy with body work but I myself did not install the bumper. Must have been a misunderstanding on that part. I was at the shop the car was at when I sent the initial problem txt. I was somewhat satisfied with the fitment at that point in time until later when I noticed the cracks. Also I was okay with the paint until giant pieces started just peeling off the car like a sunburn.

Richards phone number was disconnected when I tried calling him...hence the reason why it went to pm.

And your dates are wrong when it comes to the time I installed it. You specifically advised not to install it right away due to the paint still being fresh...

But tell me why after 3 months, the paint is still peeling off like it never set?

Yes I said I was okay with it after we spent hours MAKING it fit.

But once again...if I was honestly offered a 100% refund I would have taken it.
never has a customer asked for a refund and not received one. And all dates are confirmed, I never delete txt messages or emails. Once again, a shop messes up and its ARCH's fault?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARCH Industries