ARCH Industries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
ARCH Industries

hey just want to warn everyone about these guys...

their quality of material, quality of paint and quality of customer service is crap.

I waited over a month to get my bumper from these guys after they initially told me that I could pick it up after a week.

THEY offered me to make a deposit of $100 dollars to get started on it. Then after 3 weeks of waiting, they asked me for the rest of the money so they could get started on it...hmmmmmm. The excuses were xmas break and then new years break causing the delay...

heres some photos of the crap bumper I bought from them(painted)

They guarantee 100% fitment and my body guy spent 6 hours working the bumper and it still doesnt fit right. plus after the first rock chip, the paint started peeling.

The paint job was HORRIBLE to begin with and when I mentioned the numerous flaws to them, the answer I got was "if you want a professional paint job, it'll cost you a lot more".

I can actually grab a piece of the paint and just pull the paint right off...they didnt use any adhesion promotor nor did they sand the primer(enough/correctly)...pretty much a half-assed garage paint job. The tape lines where the ducts were painted were all screwed up.

They took $100 bucks off the price of the bumper to compensate but now I have to buy a whole new bumper and get it resprayed.

Also, the claimed "undertray attachment" was only long enough on one side to attach the undertray. The sides of the bumper do not line up with the wheel well opening, the lines dont line up, and if you were to pull the bumper back to make it line up, the edge where bumper/headlight/fender meet is all bunched up and the bumper folds.

They refused to work anything out with me and now I'm stuck with this junk...

When I talked to these guys via PM, I got rude responses stating that I drove the car 130 mph which made the paint peel and that I didnt hang the bumper correctly. they also made the claim that I went home right away and hung the bumper

130mph?! that makes paint peel off? I've bounced off of the speed-limiter in my car and paint hasn't peeled off...give me a break.

I paid $350 for the raw bumper(which I was told was a GREAT deal by these guys)

I can get a better product from a more reputable vendor here for less and they'll even stand by their product.

Their final response was that I shouldnt be complaining about a product that I was already discounted on...

ARCH Industries...Thanks for this opportunity to help prevent other people from

Old 04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that is one ****ty paint job

Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
glad u finally spoke out bro, they do seem to have ****ty customer service and apparently ****ty bumpers/paint

Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
A picture is worth 1000 words..........

Ill be steering clear of them, thats a total hack paintjob. Ive been looking to purchase that bumper, not getting it from them. You can tell they didnt even sand, the urethane is raw and smooth just like it would be when pulled right from the mold. Prep work FAIL!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With any luck ARCH will get in on this thread. If not, they'll probably scuttle under a rock somewhere and wait out the category 5 ****tercane that's about to take place. In all seriousness though, hopefully this thread will force ARCH to live up to their mistakes and sort everything out with the OP, especially if they want to maintain any kind of vendor legitimacy around here.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
JBF
I was really calm and patient with them too when they kept delaying the bumper...and when I made the first bit of contact about the bumper not fitting correctly, all I got was "what do you want me to do about it"

Old 04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just wanted to chime in I also had a bad experience with Arch, but fortunately with some communication they owned up to the mistake and I got my money back, so I won't get into it here. However it WAS an inconvenience and set me back a fair amount of time for when I wanted to finish my cars bodywork not to mention blatant false advertisement.

From all the threads I've read here as well as accounts from acquaintances, I wouldn't order anything from most of the bodywork vendors here.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Wow, that's seriously a bad paint job, id be pissed too if that happened to me.

I didn't know people were having problems with ARCH... My INGS sides and front lip fit fine. A buddy of mine occasionaly paints for ARCH, but that sure as hell doesn't look like the quality of work he does, he knows how to properly prep and paint, and takes pride in his work (painted my parts, and parts for other forum members). I also didn't have any problems with customer service, he seemed like a cool guy and he lives 5 min from me. He even bought my wheel spacers lol.

Hopefully he'll chime in on this thread and something will be done about the problem. I'd text him about this thread for you, but im having problems with my iphone at the moment .

Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just about to order the Gialla lip and have them paint it as well and then this comes up. Good thing I held off on that and they definatley WILL NOT be getting any of my money

Thanks for the heads up !

Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
JBF
I met the paint guy....His answer about the paint job was pretty much "you get what you pay for"

Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
these guys are pretty horrible. that paint is doo doo quality

Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
I met the paint guy....His answer about the paint job was pretty much "you get what you pay for"

Mind if I ask who that was?

Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 PM
JBF
I dont remember his name....but he said he had an OB coupe with work meisters...

Old 04-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
Lol that's great customer service right there..

Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently purchased a chargespeed rear with the c/f insert from ARCH. The bumper was completely raw and need to be preped and painted. So I took it to a local super elite auto body guy here in Co. He told me the over all fitment was good but the middle of the bumper was to thin he had to re fiberglass the middle of the bumper costing me big time! Ending costing $750 just to get the rear bumper painted and fitted properly. Was supposed to be $400. Just my 2cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARCH Industries