Has anyone bought from the company Strafe Automotive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by caelric
That reminds me, I do need to write a review.
and here is my review.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought. Nismo bumper for my 06 sedan from em. Took like freakin 6+ months to get to me.. Only to find out it doesnt fit properly and I had to take it to a special shop to get it put on right. I wouldn't order from them again

Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
As with any company, you need to do your homework. I bought an FG Nismo sedan nose with custom vents. This was my first FG purchase for any car I ever owned. They did make it clear to me that I needed a competent body shop to do the final fitment and prep before getting it painted and installed. Construction and delivery time frame wasn't bad. I think it was a shade over 4 weeks, due to custom glassing the vents in. Packaging was AWESOME!!!! Heavy gage cardboard custom fit to the bumper.

Now my frustrations. I really wanted poly. I spoke with them over the phone several times discussing this. I was told they were interested to make poly versions but no solid plans were in the works. Within 2 or 3 months after I bought the FG bumper, what do they do? Come out with a poly version. Irritated me a bit. I hate being so protective of my car, worrying something from the road is gonna smack the nose and crack it. With poly, I woulda felt a little more at ease.

The other frustration is it is cracking in certain areas. And I can't get anyone to work with me on this. They say, my body shop did something wrong during installation to cause the cracks. The body shop says they can prove that it's prepped and installed properly. All I know is I have $1200 tied up in purchase/prep/paint/install and it has several noticable cracks. Not what I would expect. Customer service was "not my fault - too bad".

The following users liked this post:
lsmooth81 (03-01-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by GAU-8
As with any company, you need to do your homework. I bought an FG Nismo sedan nose with custom vents. This was my first FG purchase for any car I ever owned. They did make it clear to me that I needed a competent body shop to do the final fitment and prep before getting it painted and installed. Construction and delivery time frame wasn't bad. I think it was a shade over 4 weeks, due to custom glassing the vents in. Packaging was AWESOME!!!! Heavy gage cardboard custom fit to the bumper.

Now my frustrations. I really wanted poly. I spoke with them over the phone several times discussing this. I was told they were interested to make poly versions but no solid plans were in the works. Within 2 or 3 months after I bought the FG bumper, what do they do? Come out with a poly version. Irritated me a bit. I hate being so protective of my car, worrying something from the road is gonna smack the nose and crack it. With poly, I woulda felt a little more at ease.

The other frustration is it is cracking in certain areas. And I can't get anyone to work with me on this. They say, my body shop did something wrong during installation to cause the cracks. The body shop says they can prove that it's prepped and installed properly. All I know is I have $1200 tied up in purchase/prep/paint/install and it has several noticable cracks. Not what I would expect. Customer service was "not my fault - too bad".
With the exception of some minor details that was my story almost to a tee- and that's going back to early 2010. You got lucky with your prep / install costs compared to mine because I think their parts have improved quite a bit since my experience (1400 bucks just to prep / paint. Then add purchase + install.)

My FG vs Poly woes were a bit different natured too- but when my K2 started cracking around the wheel well area on the one side I pretty much just accepted that it was bound to happen because that's FG- it basically just settles on the car and is bound to fail in certain stress points. I'm not sure if your cracks are coming off in big chunks or not... anyway, I digress. Not to say that slabs the size of an apple came shooting out of my bumper because of a mousquito- just some "spalling" overall. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to say the bumper was total garbage... once it was prepped and fitted it wasn't horrible. Getting it to where it wasn't horrible, however, cost me. Everything about it ended up being my fault- though later that story was recanted and an explanation offered, then that was subsequently deleted by the mod cleanup crew.

And, evidently judging by the recent review, the games continue unabated.

Just for kicks I wanted to take a quick peek at their terms and conditions. Suffice to say, it paints a relatively unhealthy picture of the boundaries of your transaction:

All customers must pre-pay for all products. All products special order. We will accept money orders, personal checks, cashier's checks, and credit cards. All personal/company checks must wait two weeks for clearance. Orders will be filled as soon as funds clear our bank. All parts/will call orders left more than two business weeks becomes Strafe Automotive LLC property and no refund will be honored for product(s).Parts Sold As-is. All Sales Final. All painted orders will be shipped at your own risk. All orders are made to order, please allow 2-4 business weeks for shipment after cleared payment. All orders may be back ordered/out of stock in this case allow for 6-10 business weeks for arrival. All Orders may take up to 4-8 months due to availability from manufacturer & product coming from oversea supplier. A tax rate of 9.75% will be added to the sales order amount for residents who reside in California. All Cancelled orders will be charged a 30% cancellation fee & subject to an additional 25% restocking fee. All refunds will be issued per company check. Refund check can take up to 4-6 weeks for arrival.

This is basically what you're signing up for and if the other thread close to this one that was recently closed is any indication- basically they reserve the right to have to return your calls or notify you of delays because... well, this is what you signed up for. AND on top of that, you end up losing 55% of your purchase cost (that you already paid) if you cancel your order because you're sick of their crap. So in essence they end up getting over half what you paid AND can sell the part full price to some other sucker right off the bat because it was made for you. They pay full price for it and receive it oh-so-quickly and have great things to say. That might explain the inconsistency.

They absolve themselves of any responsibility to keep customers in the loop "because they're too busy at the fire station" and their terms clearly state that's what you're in for. What they expect is that you will patiently wait for the 2-4 business WEEKS before shipping, then between 2-4 weeks or 4-8 MONTHS for your shipment to arrive. And, if it shows up in a crappy state as approximately 1/3rd of the orders we read about in here do... then you're SOL and it's your fault because "they told ya so."

Last edited by Eno; 03-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i just received my poly Nismo front bumper from them for my 03 sedan. It took a little over a week to get to me, which is not bad. I figured it would take about a week. i didnt get any shipping numbers or anything so i just waited. It came just fine. i didnt fit it yet but from what i hear, it should be spot on.

No complaints from me so far.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-07-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Frick man I'm hoping the thumb comes out here for ya. You just expect to be treated the way you're treating others and I know from having been on the purchasing side of a transaction with you that communication was consistent and constant- I knew about every step and you followed through.

If these guys get that **** figured out you may just be squared away.

The following users liked this post:
tylerxfire (03-07-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You shouldn't have to "roll the dice" when ordering parts from a company.