Is Strafe really that bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
OP, you're definitely lucky in at least one aspect - being able to call Lawrence with Strafe, not be relegated to email or PM.

It's been my experience that a phone number to talk to Strafe is pretty hard to come by. I remember them having to call me when I placed my order and requested to give my info over the phone. Call was from a blocked number.

Unless I'm missing something, my experience wasn't out of the norm in comparison to many other guys who also haven't had the luxury of picking up the phone to check on their orders.

I will chime in and say that my second order (emblem less coupe grille) I placed with Strafe was perfect from start to finish.

My first order (V2 trunk) resulted in a great product, but it took a lot longer than the stated timeframe to get my item that I was at first told was in stock and ready to ship. I did feel a little let down that I was promised a timeframe, and that was busted with no contact at all. It took an admin to get a response to my multiple PM's and emails, then I got admonished for telling the admin of my problems.

Regardless of the problems with that first order, if there's another item I can't source elsewhere in the future (aka another trunk) I'd consider Strafe, as long as I was only dealing with Dustin.

Last edited by c_morse; 03-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by J2S2M
Thread backfire.
Haha forreal. I was thinking about getting the lip trunk from strafe.. but I'm not trying to be put into the back burner for a month time after I paid for it..

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Curious if anyone from the company ever reads any of this. Or if they even care. Bet an admin would prolly direct them this way though.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GAU-8
Curious if anyone from the company ever reads any of this. Or if they even care. Bet an admin would prolly direct them this way though.
if they have been reading threads like these i think they would have done something already or they just dont care.....idk

Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It's a toss up. Some people get decent customer service, some get the opposite. Companies that have **** service should not still be around.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
I have nothing against Strafe I bought a trunk from them. But then again I did personally pick it up and deal with Dustin. I think if anyone does buisness with them your best bet is to pick it up or just don't even deal with it. Since that seems to be the main problem with most of the customers..

Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by GAU-8
Law & Dustin are the company. They both own Strafe.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I purchased a Poly Nismo bumper and a Vortech one piece intake pipe on seperate occassions from Strafe. Dealt exclusively with Dustin and both transactions went very well. He kept me updated in a timely manner. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again, as long as Dustin is my point of contact. This was my personal experience when dealing with Strafe.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JBF
You calling incorrect parts, months of wait time, and getting used parts passed off as new little things??!

Since you continually like to ride your team founder/owner/vendor's d**k and want to call everyone who's had poor experiences with them haters, I'll call you a fanboy.

Stop defending these guys when they are clearly giving poor customer service to people. They've even admitted to giving poor customer service.

However, the disclaimers that they have pretty much give them an opportunity to blow every single customer off without notification nor justification.

Of course your friends give you great customer service...THEY'RE YOUR FRIENDS.

Stay out of these types of threads if you can't give an unbiased opinion. Everyone knows you're on the team and everyone knows you hang out with them at R&J on the regular.

Leave the opinions up to those that have legitimately done business with Strafe.

I would voice my opinion but I will get tattled on to numerous mods via PM. (OR be called one of the "usual posters"). So if anyone wants to know what one of my experiences were with Strafe(particularly Law), feel free to PM me.

As for Yoshi, keep your grammatically challenged, biased, fanboy opinions out of Strafe review threads because no one is taking you seriously.

/rant.
WOW! hate on Yoshi who don't know how to argue. But as for all these guys

he Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JBF For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (Today), caelric (Today), Captain Supreme Sausage (Today), crazynuts16 (Today), curryboyy (Today), Frankieg35 (Today), lsmooth81 (Today), Silencer_0

Most of them i see is RareJDM team members. The stories i hear, you guys hate strafe. Is that why you guys kicked yoshi off the team? Because he friends with strafe or his A.D.D? Probable the most friendliest person on driver. I also buy thing from Strafe and they are not that bad.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ Lol, you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. I'm actually friends with Law and Dustin, and have purchased various parts though them.

So you're saying Yoshi has ADD? O.o I didnt know that...

Last edited by Silencer_0; 03-09-2012 at 02:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Silencer_0:
Captain Supreme Sausage (03-09-2012), SDGenius (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Name:  tCp90.gif
Views: 2
Size:  567.6 KB

Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Trollol

Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
here is a little advise i learned from my elder...

"always call the customer service phone number before you call to order"

a wise gentleman, my former professor, once told me that someone is always there to answer the lines for orders but not always available for customer service.

live and learn... or just ask your elders.

The following users liked this post:
G:Drive (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 04:11 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by nismo1234
WOW! hate on Yoshi who don't know how to argue. But as for all these guys

he Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JBF For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (Today), caelric (Today), Captain Supreme Sausage (Today), crazynuts16 (Today), curryboyy (Today), Frankieg35 (Today), lsmooth81 (Today), Silencer_0

Most of them i see is RareJDM team members. The stories i hear, you guys hate strafe. Is that why you guys kicked yoshi off the team? Because he friends with strafe or his A.D.D? Probable the most friendliest person on driver. I also buy thing from Strafe and they are not that bad.
Funny. I see only two members of RareJDM that thanked my post. AND. Before any more RareJDM name-dropping happens, my post has nothing to do with my team...PERIOD.

And what does his ADD have anything to do with anything? I never once said anything about ADD or even his intelligence. Yet you're making an assumption because I mentioned "grammatically challenged". Don't insult the guy. I just have a hard time reading his posts.

I'm not "hating" on Yoshi. By the way, the term "hater" is the most overly used ignorant word used on the internet because those that use it can't handle truth or honesty.

But...

This thread isn't about Yoshi's loyalty to Strafe or my team. I'm sure more people will chime in about their experiences before too long so let's try not to derail this thread any further, shall we?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by auditunr
Sorry guys this is my first post on the forum. I was writing it while working on some

scripting, but paragraphs were definitely needed. I realized that after the fact as it's difficult

to read.

-Auditunr
in that case <br /> is your friend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Strafe really that bad?