STRAFE:another bad experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
I found it. Well I have to admit that I never had a problem dealing with Dustin. My only problem that I ever had stemmed from my trunk not shipping out as I was told it would and then Lawrence/"Andy" berating me for taking the problem to an Admin when I was getting no response.

I really do believe Dustin is a good guy, and I know he was the one with the knack for customer service in Strafe. I think he'll do a fine job on his own.

I wish Dustin the best and hope he has a speedy resurrection with his new company. I'm really hoping that he is being truthful in that he is now the sole owner of the old Company and will be the sole owner of the new company, and isn't keeping Lawrence on as some sort of Silent Partner.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Same here, Dustin has always been straight up and a pleasure to deal with. I'm sure his new business venture will run much more smoothly without the hindrance he had before from someone I'll refrain from naming. (who made me cringe everytime I read a post from him on here)

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Strafe still owes me test pipes but oh well.......its been 4 months

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Yeah... well... they're 50-50 partners and as nice of a guy as Dustin is I'm not sure he resulted in anyone being less screwed. He was damage control and Law- though I noticed he really cleaned up his act in the last month or two- was just damage. It was like they cancelled each other out.

Funny enough as anti strafe as I have been- there was a thread awhile ago where him and I sort of connected and I had some thoughts about giving them a chance. Of course, all the admissions that made me feel all mushy inside were promptly "cleaned up" by moderators here- which of course led to me not renewing my premier membership.

As I was waffling with my disposition, thinking everyone deserves a second chance (and if anyone knows that, it's me) Tyler came in and said he was rolling the dice on them. Having had done some business with him recently and knowing he was pretty stand up... I figured I'd let it play out. Who knows... Strafe was making some big talk about changing things around... paying more attention to the customers they had versus the customers they didn't have and- well... it was worth a shot.

Ooops.

As they say in hockey "nobody on the ice moves faster than the guy who made the mistake." I believed they we going to come back and amaze everyone. Hell back a couple thousand years ago people thought the earth was flat and some pretty smart people had to go to great lengths to disprove this. Actually, if memory serves, a few of them paid the price for their insolence through house arrest and probably torture... So I am an advocate of never holding on to a belief so tightly that I end up watching them be tortured and imprisoned only to discover they were right.

They say: "Pay no attention to those cheering for you- for they would cheer just as loudly if you were being hanged." Probably doesn't apply here... I just like the quote.

Luisp- what kind of test pipes are you looking for? I have a set of resonated megans that I'll send to you if they fit what you're looking for. Pay me shipping. And keep in mind I'm in Canada. They're lightly used though I did have a steering fluid leak at one point (turbo gnawed through my low pressure side line on the P side) so there is some residue from that. Never affected anything on the inside.

PM me if you're interested- I get lost in all the strafe threads and don't want to miss your interest.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow!!! Skip out on the forum for a day & comeback to THIS.... CRAZY. Guess there was NO STOPPING the INEVITABLE.... KARMA is REAL!!!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Best phrase coined in thread "Got Strafed"

Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think its hilarious that everyone thinks Dustin is somehow the maligned good guy in the situation. He sent some pretty nasty emails to me during my transaction and wasn't helpful at all. if anything, i preferred dealing with lawrence. In addition, he did nothing to help strafe. he had access to the strafe email accounts. he knew what was going on. he's every bit as guilty as lawrence for the lack of organization and service in every way.

The following users liked this post:
bigglj3 (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Yeah... well... they're 50-50 partners and as nice of a guy as Dustin is I'm not sure he resulted in anyone being less screwed. He was damage control and Law- though I noticed he really cleaned up his act in the last month or two- was just damage. It was like they cancelled each other out.

Funny enough as anti strafe as I have been- there was a thread awhile ago where him and I sort of connected and I had some thoughts about giving them a chance. Of course, all the admissions that made me feel all mushy inside were promptly "cleaned up" by moderators here- which of course led to me not renewing my premier membership.

As I was waffling with my disposition, thinking everyone deserves a second chance (and if anyone knows that, it's me) Tyler came in and said he was rolling the dice on them. Having had done some business with him recently and knowing he was pretty stand up... I figured I'd let it play out. Who knows... Strafe was making some big talk about changing things around... paying more attention to the customers they had versus the customers they didn't have and- well... it was worth a shot.

Ooops.

As they say in hockey "nobody on the ice moves faster than the guy who made the mistake." I believed they we going to come back and amaze everyone. Hell back a couple thousand years ago people thought the earth was flat and some pretty smart people had to go to great lengths to disprove this. Actually, if memory serves, a few of them paid the price for their insolence through house arrest and probably torture... So I am an advocate of never holding on to a belief so tightly that I end up watching them be tortured and imprisoned only to discover they were right.

They say: "Pay no attention to those cheering for you- for they would cheer just as loudly if you were being hanged." Probably doesn't apply here... I just like the quote.

Luisp- what kind of test pipes are you looking for? I have a set of resonated megans that I'll send to you if they fit what you're looking for. Pay me shipping. And keep in mind I'm in Canada. They're lightly used though I did have a steering fluid leak at one point (turbo gnawed through my low pressure side line on the P side) so there is some residue from that. Never affected anything on the inside.

PM me if you're interested- I get lost in all the strafe threads and don't want to miss your interest.
I appreciate your offer but I got them somewhere else after i waited for 2 months

Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
i take free test pipes...lulz

Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by c_morse

I wish Dustin the best and hope he has a speedy resurrection with his new company. I'm really hoping that he is being truthful in that he is now the sole owner of the old Company and will be the sole owner of the new company, and isn't keeping Lawrence on as some sort of Silent Partner.
I hope noone is naive enough to buy into this.

The following 9 users liked this post by ShanesG:
2004v35 (04-04-2012), bigc (04-04-2012), JBF (04-04-2012), pythonjosh (04-19-2012), RRYDE (04-04-2012), SDGenius (04-04-2012), SxExCx (04-04-2012), tylerxfire (04-04-2012), zackt69 (04-04-2012) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Also how is it ok that they can come back under a new name when they were already removed as a vendor by a unanimous decision. So basically even members that get banned, it should be cool with them coming back as long as they go under a new username and ensure us that they are a changed person. I love how many "exceptions" are made on these fvcking iB sites. It's really sad. /rant

The following 5 users liked this post by ShanesG:
GeeGirl82 (04-07-2012), pythonjosh (04-19-2012), RRYDE (04-04-2012), tylerxfire (04-04-2012), zackt69 (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Also how is it ok that they can come back under a new name when they were already removed as a vendor by a unanimous decision. So basically even members that get banned, it should be cool with them coming back as long as they go under a new username and ensure us that they are a changed person. I love how many "exceptions" are made on these fvcking iB sites. It's really sad. /rant

i totally agree..this is ridiculous and if anyone is stupid enough to go with this now its their own fault for getting ripped if and when it happens

Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
thats gotta be a record, Being banned and then reinstated as a new vendor in under 24 hours

Old 04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
He has not been reinstated. Please show me where it says he has

Old 04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
either way whatever is going on..waiting on him to get approved or whatever..

My order was thru Dustin and my order FAILED!!! I only was in contact with lawrence after receiving the wrong lip. dustin pretty much turned it over to him once i started talking about cancelling the order and getting refunded. I am not part of the band wagon saying that it will be fine with dustin running things solely. Also id bet lawrence is still there as some kind of silent partner..

So basically he is saying order from strafe hiding behind the strafe name because of all the problems they have had.

Thanks for posting that up dustin because now i will know not to make the mistake and order from you once ur running under another name.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STRAFE:another bad experience