West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Arizona Club

Old 09-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Arizona Club

holler each time, I got 3 kids, a job and a girlfriend but I didn't miss a whole lot of meets

1FUNGus can attest to the number of trips I make to the valley.

Him and I have hooked up at firebird twice now, unlike the rest of y 'all.

BTW, I got to run 89A north out of Sedona at about 95% the other night, GOD THAT IS FUN. Zero traffic, switchbacks were going by at about 45 mph, 35 mph curves were going by at 70. Twas great. I know weekday nights are bad for most of y'all but if you want less traffic, midnight on a weekday night is one of the better times.

Better Life thru Chemistry

Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking a cruise up to Sedona would be fun... Maybe Late October or Early November....?

Maybe we could leave Phoenix late morning... enjoy lunch in Sedona and then continue up through Oak Creek towards Flagstaff. That road is a lot of fun and very pretty. On the weekend we would probable have too much traffic to really push the cars but I think we could find come sections.

Curtis

..... whats up with 1FUNGus.... ha ha.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:41 AM

A cruise up through Sedona and Oak Creek would be a lot of fun. Shall we make it official?

03.5 Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Black / Prem / Sport / Aero / Winter / Tint </font color=black>

Old 09-25-2003, 01:17 PM

I can make any wednesday and Oct 25,26 Nov 8,9,11,15,16

Any later than that will risk snow

Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 PM

Personally, I’m leaning towards Nov 8, 9, 15, or 16. Snow is a good point, I spent 4 yrs up in Flag, and the winters can be rather unpredictable.

03.5 Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Black / Prem / Sport / Aero / Winter / Tint </font color=black>

Old 09-25-2003, 04:25 PM

I'm ok with any of the dates but if I had to choose I'd go with Oct. 25th or Nov. 8th. The idea of my G seeing snow is downright disturbing!

From the "mind" of Sinurgy [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2003, 04:38 PM

Is anyone planning on going to SEMA Nov. 3-7? I was thinking about it. That would put me in Vegas on the 8th. I think there is a meet in Vegas that weekend.

If no one cares about SEMA... Nov. 8th is okay and I will be here. I just want as many people as we can get.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:53 PM

My thoughts:

Leave North Phoenix (I-17/Carefree Highway) around 10am. A good meeting place would be the parking lot of Albertson's right off the freeway. There is a McDonald's and a Chevron there.

Lunch in Sedona around noon. We could meet up there with those coming from other places besides Phoenix.

Leave Lunch spot around 1:30 and head for Oak Creek Canyon. Maybe make a couple of stops along the way. Once we reach the I-17 again everyone would have an option of saying good by or....? another road.... Flagstaff....

Any ideas for a lunch spot?

Old 09-25-2003, 06:07 PM

The plan sounds great to me! I haven’t been up the I-17 that far north in a while. There’s an Albertson’s at the intersection of I-17 and the Carefree highway? Which corner is it on?

Also, the only reason I have against Oct 25th is that it’s the Sat before Halloween, and I was thinking that a drive may interfere with someone’s Halloween party. Otherwise, that day’s ok with me.

03.5 Sedan

Old 09-25-2003, 06:19 PM

Ok, sounds good to me. Lunch in Sedona...expensive or el Cheapo? Mexican expensive, Oaxaca is my favorite.......el cheapo, some bar with sandwiches or burger king for that matter both are near 179 and 89A intersection. there is a dairy queen and several roadside diners on the road thru the twisties.

for those daring souls, you can follow me home afterwards to either Winslow or Holbrook and go back home thru Salt River Canyon on US 60. That is the drive I made the day I picked up my G. good twisties, you can follow 89 north out of Flag some more till you get up in the mountains the rest of the way. That is an additional two hours. There won't be any snow except on the highest part of the road (>7000 ft) if at all.

In November in Flag be prepared for daytime temps in the 40's however. Nighttime: around 20 or lower.

Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Custom Catback

Old 09-26-2003, 05:26 PM

OK guys. If we take a trip to Sedona / Oak Creek / Flagstaff on either the weekend of Oct 25th or Nov 8th, who thinks they will attend?

Also, should we start a club email list? For starters I will offer to keep track of it, you can PM me if you’d like. If someone else wants to do it, they’re welcome to instead.

Would someone like to post on the FA site? I don’t post there—G35driver is my home—so if anyone else is a regular and wants to try to stir up some interest (and drive them this way) I say go for it.

What do you guys think?

03.5 Sedan

Old 09-26-2003, 06:38 PM

Hmmmm....I do have the Opiate for the Masses show on Oct. 24th so I could be in rough condition come Saturday morning. So I'm going to vote for Nov. 8th.

An email list is a good idea. As I said above there is a club email list for FA (about 15 people) but it's been a little dead as of late. I could post on there and tell people about this one or we could just have people here sign up to that one.

Old 09-26-2003, 06:45 PM

OK, I’ve got you down as Nov 8th.

I’m leaning towards trying to send the FA people this way. But that’s out of selfish reasons, I don’t want to have to monitor another board—I don’t have that much ‘spare’ time at work! But really, whatever it takes to get this club going is fine with me. I checked out that thread on FA, it was pretty old-- I didn’t even have my G yet.

03.5 Sedan

Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 PM

Nov. 8th is good....

email: jeepnboy@msn.com (I know.. it doesn't really fit here)

Old 09-27-2003, 04:28 PM

Actually you don't have to monitor another board. What is currently setup is a Yahoo email list where anyone can signup. Once you signup you are part of the group. So when someone sends an email to the list, everyone on the list gets it. So actually you don't have to monitor either board if you didn't want to (as far as group info goes) because it's all done through email. When we organized our meet back in July it was all done through the email list rather than posting on a message board. I don't really mind how this is done, I'm just letting you know that there is a list for Arizona G Owners in place that already has about 15 people. I thought maybe adding some people from here (actually a few people from here are already on it such as myself and 1nate7) might help give it new life. Opinions?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Arizona Club