West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Car swept in flood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Car swept in flood

Drew,

Sorry to hear about your car man. I was on the big island when all the rain was coming down so I missed the heavy rains. Hope you didn't get too much water in the intake and into the engeine cause that would really suck. It happened to a friend of mine with a Sentra with cai. Hopefully you get it running soon.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:31 AM

Doh, that sux bro! Yeah, that area was crazy last weekend. A friend of mine had to go into work that day too cuz his workplace was flooding. He went outside to check on his car and it floated away...literally. It was a Kia tho, so you know what they say about **** floating...heheh. I know, I know, I only say that cuz he and the car are fine.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ride, dude. Good thing you still got your bike to transport you around. Are you sure your insurance won't cover it? Isn't there like an "act of god" clause or something? Best of luck dude.

Oh, and there was this thread from a while back:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...view=&sb=&vc=1

DaveO talks about some potential damage due to hydrolocking, in case you're interested. Sorry, I'd make it a link but I don't speak HTML...

- NICNoobie

2003.0 Brilliant Silver Sedan
Graphite Leather
Premium Package
Clear Corners

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 12-15-2003, 09:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your car... I am glad that you are getting some progress. Hopefully everything works out and you will get a nice present for Christmas!!

Old 01-23-2004, 11:53 PM

Wow, I just read your story and that sucks big time! At least you will get some money and hopefully you can get repaid for the options. I don't know how the totalled process works, but do you get to keep parts of the old car? If so, keep as much as possible and sell parts though I have a strong feeling that they are going to want the entire car and all its parts. Keep us posted and good luck!

Old 01-24-2004, 02:27 AM

They have no right to keep aftermarket parts like the rims, intake, etc. unless they want to pay for them as well.

If the state is paying for most of it, will insurance cover part of it (the rest?)

Old 01-26-2004, 03:11 PM

Sorry to hear the on going problem has gotten worse. I hope the state will get their butts in gear and pay up so things can get back to normal.
So are you getting a coupe?? Just was wondering since I thought you had a sedan... what made you change your mind to get the coupe instead??
Well best wishes on settling with the state, enjoy your new car!

Old 01-29-2004, 02:02 AM

Congratulations! Yay! I thought you were getting ivory? Black is a better choice. I guess I'll see it in a couple of weeks. Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car swept in flood