West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Cops Clamping Down/Targeting Gs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops Clamping Down/Targeting Gs!

I thought it was just me. When I got pulled over by a cop for no other reason than not having a front plate. I figured, young male DWB (eventhough I was working that day and had a suit on) perfect target right? I heard from a few people that don't at all fit my profile ie a 50+ year old w/woman that the same happened to her with her CB G35.The cop said to her " I know, I know, you have to go to the dealership and get the holes drilled into your front bumper... We have a list of cars that are prone NOT to have a front plate like the G35 and the 3series BMWs and we are on look out for them due to the photo enforced stop lights." Cop also said that they are basically on a mission to get everyone to put their front plates on for that reason. I heard the same story from someone else with a 3series also a female, a hot one at that and she tried everything to get out of it but the cop would not let her out of it. She ALWAYS flirts her way out of tickets... So at least in San Diego where the cops are not as busy with real crime like in LA, be warned. Its just a matter of time.

Black on Black 6MT W/Clear Corners & PIAAs
Borla TDE
Hyper Grounding Kit

Old 02-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Re: Cops Clamping Down/Targeting Gs!

I have a sedan with the plate because the dealer put it on but would like it off. Is it possible to put it on, show them and then after you leave take it off again? If you get re-caught does it show up that you removed it again, or is it as if it was your first time? Also how much are any fees involved.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i already got a ticket for not having my front plate. And i was parked in a parking lot too

Old 02-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which police agency is this? Every agency is different.

If you have a car with mods or tinted windows or are in the wrong part of town, cops will often pull you over for the license plate issue. Don't complain about it, you are breaking the law and basically it amounts to you giving them permission to pull you over.

Old 02-15-2004, 04:09 AM

i thought cop can't give out ticket in a private property. i guess you prove me wrong.

g35mt

Old 02-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in Downtown LA, those damn parking enforcements can give u a ticket while ur car is parked anywhere. So not just cop that we need to look out for. Thats why I never took my coupe out to Downtown LA.

2WHEELIFE.com

Old 02-17-2004, 12:29 AM

Up here in the valley, I got a fix it ticket for no front plate on my previous car. As long as you have the plate you can put it on and go to any law enforment office and pay $20-30 to have it signed off. If you don't have the plate you go to DMV first and pay $15 for new plates.
I was pulled over 1/4 mile from my house, he said he clocked me going 53 in a 25. I had no front plate and he never said a word about it. He ran a check and let me go. Thank goodness

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Grounding Wires

Trending Topics

Old 02-18-2004, 12:27 AM

I'll have to get mine out of my trunk and put it under my seat. Then I can just stick it up in the windshield when I see the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. (Gives me chills just thinking about it)

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Grounding Wires

Old 02-18-2004, 01:21 PM

mrman....I got a fix it ticket months ago...all I did was get some double sided tape and take out the center piece in the front bumper...tape around the outside...take it to the CHP and they signed it off...I wasn't even a mile down the road before I pulled off to the side, took the plate (and frame) off and put the plastic piece back in the bumper...

done and done !

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 02-18-2004, 01:23 PM

sdgee...what area of SD are you at/frequent...???

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson