West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Arizona Traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lo1984TT
I found a website that states if you register your car to an LLC they cannot ticket you. I don't know how true it is but I have an LLC so I'm going to give it a try
It's a legal loophole for video surveillance issued citations. If you have an automobile registered to a business or family trust. A notice to identify the driver is supposed to be sent to the business or family trust address (via registration). Because a civil citation has to identify an individual.

But because most business don't respond, most law enforcement decide not to waste time/effort to pursue. 120 days passes by and the complaint is dismissed.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Rumor has it they are starting to pop up in California.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Funny that the speeding issue is much more important than the meth project or the housing situation that all these people are facing! Good thing we aren't presidents! I would mandate one autobahn in every state!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I got one about a year and a half ago. I blew it off on the recommendation of a friend that told me they couldn't enforce it or some other semi convincing (to me) explanation. 120 days later, my license is suspended, and I have to go to Scottsdale courts to talk to a judge in order to re-instate my license. I had to go re apply for a license, new photo & an afternoon in the DMV. My advice is don't blow them off.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Your license wasn't suspended for that speeding ticket alone. Ask any attorney in the state and they will all have the same answer...you must be physically presented with the ticket. What if you never received it in the mail? The only way they are going to be able to enforce the ticket by mail is if every citation is sent certified mail.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
you are right, however-"if you fail to appear as directed in this complaint on a civil traffic violation, a default judgment may be entered against you, a civil sanction may be imposed, and your license may be suspended." So because I didn't appear in court, my license was suspended. Just by showing up, I would have proved I was the one in the car. If I had an attorney who appeared for me, the case would be dismissed. There would be no proof I was driving because the State's witness (the photo radar company)does not have a driver's license photograph. By showing up, I prove it for them. So you can pay a law firm, or pay the fine........I'm just saying, you can't ignore the ticket.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
You'll want to go to/call the Scottsdale Court house and ask for a copy of the case history. They need to keep records of each attempt for serving a civil violation (mail, person, etc). And if a 3rd party was used. If a 3rd party was used then they have to file a affidavit of service saying they served you or a resident.

If neither of those are true, you can ask to speak with a judge to have the default judgment reversed (and your license suspension lifted). And then technically at that time you are served by an officer of the court (the judge) and a trial date is set. If its after 120 days at this point you can file for the ticket to be dismissed. Or claim that you weren't the driver (if applicable). Or you can bite the bullet and take traffic school.

Sorry for the horrible legal terminology, its been a while since I actually had to use the proper words.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
lol. traffic school in AZ is cheap compared to ticket/fee/traffic school fees in CA.

Last edited by DEMoLITIoN; 04-21-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok so I found a little. If you go to the website or call the number you can't ignore it or they can suspend your license but if you do nothing they have 120 days. I did some searches on beating the radars.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lo1984TT
Ok so I found a little. If you go to the website or call the number you can't ignore it or they can suspend your license but if you do nothing they have 120 days. I did some searches on beating the radars.
Because if you go to the website or call the number to view your infraction they know you got it

Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by infinus
Because if you go to the website or call the number to view your infraction they know you got it
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Unless they send it certified mail or hand deliver it to you (you....not someone living in the house), they can't prove that you received it. Even if they leave it at your door, the wind could blow it away or a coyote could come a used it for bedding. I've got a million of them (excuses, not tickets).

Old 04-29-2009, 02:25 AM
certified mail totals up. that would be alot of cash.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I had one sent to Utah (where my car is registered). My 14 yr old sister answered the door and they handed her a ticket and told her to give it to me. That was all it took to give me a ticket. 11 mph over and the ticket cost me $180.

I did a lot of research. Apparently the state does not own the equipment but it is rented from the company that created it. The company who owns the cameras gets a large slice of the pie for each ticket. Because of this you can argue in court and should win.

The ticket I got went on my record and cost me points...higher insurance.

I think the state decided to put more cameras up along the freeways because they are in debt and this is a quick way to generate revenue, especially to people that don't know the roads and are used to "normal" freeway speeds.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 AM
i thought you have to identify yourself in order to be "served"

???