West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..

My friend and i are both in the market for the DG coupe. We've been emailing and calling just about every dealer in So cal from Riverside to Thousand Oaks. We even visited a couple dealerships to look at their expected inventory list. It's taken so long and i'm so impatient that i went and put $1000 deposit for the one i wanted from Glendale. I'm gonna pay sticker for it and they are gonna throw in wheel locks and other tinkery $hit like key chains. Lol...

I've only been able to get a deal on a Black fully loaded one from Santa monica for $37K and that's the only deal i've ever heard of anyone getting in the Los Angeles area. Only problem is, i'd so much rather have the DG and that's why i just bit the bullet and decided to reserve the one from Glendale.

Did any of you guys pay less than sticker for a coupe?

-------------------
Looking for a DG on Graphite 6MT, Nav and Premium only in Los Angeles area.

Old 09-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try Mission Veijo infiniti>?

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
AIM= bkchang79

Old 09-17-2003, 01:54 PM

I'm G35 hunter's bud...we have tried every dealership...the best offers we have are oil changes for life or $400 off msrp, unfortunately those dealerships do not have the car we want...to think, we are buying both cars from one dealer and still no incentive to gain our business!!!

Old 10-31-2003, 06:05 PM

If anyone cares, I bought my G35 sedan from Infiniti of Thousand Oaks and was treated great. I am a good at haggling and paid invoice for a brand new 2004, and was totally taken care of with everything. I got the exact car I wanted, how I wanted it.
The problem with all dealerships is that the sales person represents the dealer whether they are good or bad. My sales guy was great, but I've encountered several that were not.

Just my 2cents, but I wouldn't right off TO Infiniti just yet.

If you care who my sales guy was, let me know.

Old 10-31-2003, 08:09 PM

LOL, this post is so old.. Hunter already got a Yellow Carerra 4s instead of the G he wanted.

But since we're on Dealer topic.. I've heard great things about T.O and their service dept. It really all depends on the salesman (who is in a way, representing the dealership) like mentioned.

[wick] - [Blk/Blk G35c] - [Premium and Aero PKG]

Old 11-01-2003, 02:59 AM

I had a great experience with the dealer (Ingrid, i think) at Advantage / Santa Monica Infiniti but the sales manager tried his best to f*ck me any chance he got.

That was my experience for what it is worth...

afsarzad
'03 G35 Coupe Caribbean Blue/Blk
Sport / Areo / Nav etc...
Chrome GF-1 20s / 35% Tint

Old 11-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hunter already got a Yellow Carerra 4s instead of the G he wanted.

<hr></blockquote>

Uh, OK. Wow - I guess he's a bit of a spontaneous car shopper [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 11-01-2003, 08:32 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mission Viejo did the same to me. Back around June, I called in regards to a BS coupe with moonroof, but nothing else. It was supposed to be available for reserve. I talked to 2 separate sales people, and had emailed the fleet manager. All of them assured me that the car was available, even as I started to drive over there.

Well, can you imagine my frustration after driving for 3 hours from UCLA to Mission Viejo, only to find out that the car was already "sold?" Absolutely amazing....the drive back wasn't much fun either.

Old 01-11-2004, 02:57 AM

i also bought my car from infiniti of t.o., and they are great. the service department is top notch, and i got 2k off msrp on my sedan almost 1 1/2 years ago.

also, how do you go from a g35 to a 911c4s? haha... that car is 3 times as much... so why would a bunch of accessories bother someone "that much"?

*** 2003 G35s 5a/t / Pearl White ***

~ Black Racing / Dunlop / Tein / Hotchkis / Blitz / Hks / Greddy / A'pexi / Sparco / Nismo / Alpine / Mb Quart / Sony ~

Old 01-12-2004, 02:50 PM

Back when I bought my coupe a year ago... Miller Infiniti pulled the same thing on me.. 1 hour drive to hear "oops" that one is gone.. but here's another one in a different color with more options".. They seemed puzzled when I stormed out... I guess this is a common occurance. They will say anything to get you into the showroom with the hope that you want one so bad you will buy whatever they have. A-Holes...

Old 01-14-2004, 12:41 AM

Hey guys, I went to Thousand Oaks too. But my experiene was great. Both of my sales men were the best ever. They were so friendly and co-operative. It was definitely a good experience. I called them and they said they had it in stock I said, ok, I'm coming right now, it better be there. Sure enough it was sitting in the middle of the showroom floor. They said, it was pre-ordered, but the person had just backed out teh previous day. It had 9 miles on it!
They chromed the wheels and tinted the windows. They were going to charge me $750 for the tint and $4500 for the chrome. I told them, I don't want either of it. Obviously the tint can't be removed, so I haggled with them. They didn't have another 6MT or any other G35's with the 18" rims. So finally I just haggled with them for both of the items. All in all, it was a great experience they were very nice and very detailed. I met the chief of operations guy and he was nice too. Although the help they had (drivers, movers, etc) were somewhat incompitent. I think it really depends on the sales person you speak to.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

'04 G35 6MT Ivory Pearl
K&N Drop In / Stillen Grounding Kit
Borla Headers/Dual Cat-Back Exhaust
Nismo Front Bumper/Side Skirts
Impul Rear Bumper/Spoiler
AirSplat.com for AirSoft Guns!

Old 01-14-2004, 03:06 PM

Wow this post is really old.

But for those who were wondering. the Bait and switch was pulled on me by the Sales manager, some haggard, nappy haired b*tch. I think here name was Caroline but i'm not sure anymore. To be a good sport i offered to buy the fully equipped coupe (things i would have taken off anyway, so i could mod it myself) but at a discounted price. I ended up walking away from the deal over $100. It was STRICTLY a matter of principle.

The salesmen were cool and straight up, its the nappy haired trick that pissed me off.

Now that i think about it, things worked out for the best since i got a great deal on a C4S and it's more than i could want in a car(for now anyway).

Maybe i'll go see that b*tch again in a year or two so she could **** me off again and then i'll have my 360 Modena. haha

-------------------
Welcome to Los Angeles, where the Players play and we be stuck in Traffic like everyday!....