Wheel buyers beware of Seller!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Wheel buyers beware of Seller!

No bashing just the facts:

I bought SWEETTALKERs iforged aeros. i paid for them in full, cash deposit into his personal account on monday dec 1st. apparently his account said it was still pending, even though it was cash. so since he didnt have cash in hand until wed (dec 3), he shipped them out 2 days after my deposit. they were delivered to me on sat night and he told me they were dirty and to clean them. i cleaned the tires, outside wheel and even the inner wheel sat night after work (10pm). tires and wheels looked as promised, except a little curb rash on one front wheel. not THAT big of a deal except he promised them to be flawless. sunday i jack the car up, take off the rear wheel and slap on the wheel. unfortunately the wheels stick out about 1.5 inches or so. i try the fronts and the same problem there. as in his thread here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/20-inch...ke-offers.html

he claims they came of a coupe with no problems. he even says they dont need to have rolled fenders but it wouldnt be a bad idea. i have no problems rolling them, infact i was planning to.

WHEELS DO NOT FIT ON MY CAR, unless i do a wide body or do a -4 camber. my car looked like a 64 impala with the wheels and tires sticking out. i have TEIN basics on and they still stick out like that. i tried PMing, texting and calling. so far ive been able to PM back and forth with his brother because he is supposedly out of town for 2 weeks. i spoke to our moderator (Msedanman) and even he said it seems he was misleading in the description.

feel free to read my itrader and his aswell, he claims to have sent out the wheels one day later (money deposit monday, shippment wed. reality is i paid him at 1:30pm 12/1/08 monday and he texts me at 6:26pm 12/3/08saying he just dropped them off. i get the tracking number thursday afternoon). he aslo charges me $200 for shipping but tells everyone on another thread it only cost him $120. i guess his supplies, gas, and time was the extra $80. i can go on and on with more detail but this is long enough as is.

what do you guys think?

Last edited by 100wattz; 12-10-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
if he said the rims would fit your coupe and they dont fit he should refund your money in full.CASE CLOSED

Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 100wattz
No bashing just the facts:

I bought SWEETTALKERs iforged aeros. i paid for them in full, cash deposit into his personal account on monday dec 1st. apparently his account said it was still pending, even though it was cash. so since he didnt have cash in hand until wed (dec 3), he shipped them out 2 days after my deposit. they were delivered to me on sat night and he told me they were dirty and to clean them. i cleaned the tires, outside wheel and even the inner wheel sat night after work (10pm). tires and wheels looked as promised, except a little curb rash on one front wheel. not THAT big of a deal except he promised them to be flawless. sunday i jack the car up, take off the rear wheel and slap on the wheel. unfortunately the wheels stick out about 1.5 inches or so. i try the fronts and the same problem there. as in his thread here:

FS: 20" Iforged Aero polished MAKE OFFERS!

he claims they came of a coupe with no problems. he even says they dont need to have rolled fenders but it wouldnt be a bad idea. i have no problems rolling them, infact i was planning to.

WHEELS DO NOT FIT ON MY CAR, unless i do a wide body or do a -4 camber. my car looked like a 64 impala with the wheels and tires sticking out. i have TEIN basics on and they still stick out like that. i tried PMing, texting and calling. so far ive been able to PM back and forth with his brother because he is supposedly out of town for 2 weeks. i spoke to our moderator (Msedanman) and even he said it seems he was misleading in the description.

feel free to read my itrader and his aswell, he claims to have sent out the wheels one day later (money deposit monday, shippment wed. reality is i paid him at 1:30pm 12/1/08 monday and he texts me at 6:26pm 12/3/08saying he just dropped them off. i get the tracking number thursday afternoon). he aslo charges me $200 for shipping but tells everyone on another thread it only cost him $120. i guess his supplies, gas, and time was the extra $80. i can go on and on with more detail but this is long enough as is.

what do you guys think?
im offened now

jk that sux to hear man

Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
That dude has stickers all over his sedan. Should have been your first clue :-)

Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
thanks guys, too bad he wont even talk to me. the only response i get is on other people forums and his PM box is full or he blocked me.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by socalvq
That dude has stickers all over his sedan. Should have been your first clue :-)
hahahaha!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
based on the pictures, he is on a sedan, so he has higher offsets, plus those wideeebody, so those wheels fit WIDEE.

imagine that on a lower offset coupe, without rolled fenders, it's almosted expected that they'll stick out a good amount

maybe if you roll out your fenders like he did, plus get some neg camber, it'll still look good

Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
not what i bought

Originally Posted by chenG35
based on the pictures, he is on a sedan, so he has higher offsets, plus those wideeebody, so those wheels fit WIDEE.

imagine that on a lower offset coupe, without rolled fenders, it's almosted expected that they'll stick out a good amount

maybe if you roll out your fenders like he did, plus get some neg camber, it'll still look good
higher offsets are smaller lips, lower offsets are larger lips. i can MAKE it fit. but i reall dont want crazy negative camber and a widebody kit. if i knew i had to do that, i wouldn't have bought them. he advertised one thing and sold another.

Last edited by 100wattz; 12-09-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Angry People Who Want To Buy 20's From Members, Read This:

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...re-seller.html

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
If you have all of his information, than just take him to small claims court. Writing on here, most likely, is not going to accomplish your goal since he has stopped communicating with you. File a claim and let him get served. He clearly misrepresented his product.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
did you fit the wheels on the lift? did you allow them to camber on the ground?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by socalvq
If you have all of his information, than just take him to small claims court. Writing on here, most likely, is not going to accomplish your goal since he has stopped communicating with you. File a claim and let him get served. He clearly misrepresented his product.
small claims court is usually $5000 or more i think. trust me, ive thought about. i was giving him the benifit of the doubt and gave hime time to call me. but i guess that time has passed.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by alphamatt
did you fit the wheels on the lift? did you allow them to camber on the ground?
ya, i put them on. saw they stuck out a lot so i dropped the car back down to see if it might tuck in. no luck. with some work i might be able to get the fronts in, the rears are another story. id be willing to split the cost of getting them to fit. but i cant even get a hold of the guy!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
hey i dont know if his inbox is full (i cant Pm him cause it says its full) or if he just blocked me from PMing him, so if someone wants to PM the link to this thread to him, maybe we can get his side of the story. its not fair just hearing my side, ya know?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Any pics of the wheels on your car, to see how much they stick out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel buyers beware of Seller!