Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tire Pressure Sensor. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Sensor. Help

Just to give you guys the heads up first before I tell you what happened today..... Well, its seems that one of my tire pressure sensors seems to be giving my some trouble. Everytime I drive my car on the highway for more than 30+ miles, my tire pressure sensor lights comes on and stays on until I shut my engine off. When I restart the car, the sensor light goes off, until I drive it on the highway for another 30+ miles. It never seems to happen when I'm driving in the city.....since I really do not drive my car in the city for more than 30+ miles without shutting off the engine... Its been doing this for quite some time now...... Been meaning to take it to the dealership the next time I was going to get the car serviced......since I live 1.25 hrs. away from the nearest dealership...... But something weird happened today.....

When I started my car and drove it about 2.5 blocks...... I constant ringing sound came on for about 5 seconds and my tire pressure sensor light came on. I've never had that ringing sound come on before when I'm driving on the highway and the light comes on.......So I pull over and shut the engine off so that the light would not come on when I started it back up....but this time it stayed on..... so I drove it to the nearest store to check the actually tire pressure for my tires.....I decide to put air in all of the tires to about 35psi.....I usually have the tire pressure around 32psi...... So I started my car up again hoping that the sensor light will go off, but it does not...... so I drive off and about two minutes later the light goes off....... My question is: Does the constant ring sound come on when your tire pressure sensor light come on or is that sound supposed to mean something else.......Is that normal......It just freaked me out the first time hearing that constant ringing sound..... Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm rolling on stock 18"....

Thanks
Greg

Last edited by gregip1; 06-23-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:42 PM
i had the same prob with the tire pressure sensors.

i would drive on the highway for long distances and the light would come on
check the pressure and they are all good
never happens in the city

the prob is that one of your sensors is no good, i never had the noise in the car with the light on.

the dealer cant tell which one is bad unless u drive the car to them with the light on and they hook the scan tool up to it while it is running, bec if u shut the car off the light is gone and the system will report no problem.

i know this sounds crazy but i have experienced this already.

hope this helps

Old 06-24-2006, 02:25 PM
bought my ride TP was on, dealer reset the computer and it went off before i got home it went back on, but anyway in your manual it explains everything
if you start the car, and the TP flashes for a minute and stays on, one of them is bad (happened to me)
if u drive and it lights on u need some air in a tire, once it rings its just a warning that u really need air, if u dont have the manual, just post back i ll copy what it says about TP